NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopkins: Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop illegal migrants

+2
Fuzzy Zack
Irn Bru
6 posters

Go down

Hopkins: Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop illegal migrants Empty Hopkins: Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop illegal migrants

Post by Irn Bru Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Make no mistake these migrants are like cockroaches

No, I don’t care. Show me pictures of coffins, show me bodies floating in water, play violins and show me skinny people looking sad.

I still don’t care.

Because in the next minute you’ll show me pictures of aggressive young men at Calais, spreading like norovirus on a cruise ship.

Watching them try to clamber on to British lorries and steal their way into the UK, do I feel pity? Only for the British drivers, who get hit with a fine every time one of this plague of feral humans ends up in their truck.

Understand this, these two populations are the same. The migrants harassing Brit truckers at the port are the same as the vagrants making the perilous trip across the Med.

And there is no stopping them. 170,000 came last year.

http://www.sunnation.co.uk/hopkins-rescue-boats-id-use-gunships-to-stop-illegal-migrants/

What a disgusting prat she is using terminology like that. Cast your vote.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Hopkins: Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop illegal migrants Empty Re: Hopkins: Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop illegal migrants

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:13 pm

Considering many of the those who died were children, I won't say what I would do to her, I don't even think of her a human, she's a robot, spouting all the disgusting filth she can on behalf of the Murdoch press. One day she'll be prosecuted and they'll leave her it, and karma will prevail.

Back to top Go down

Hopkins: Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop illegal migrants Empty Re: Hopkins: Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop illegal migrants

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:05 am

Restart the rescue: help stop children drowning in the Mediterranean

Hopkins: Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop illegal migrants Migrants2_546

Next month Britain has a chance to help change the EU’s shameful policy of leaving children to drown in the Mediterranean Sea.  Our leaders won’t act unless we send a clear message. Sign our petition now.

Children are in danger when they’re on the move. This week 400 people drowned, many are thought to have been children.

Search and rescue ships used to save children at risk of drowning but the EU decided to scale back these vital missions last year.

Tragic events this week show why it is time to restart the rescue. Next month we have the chance.

The position of the next UK government could tip the balance in EU talks and help scale up rescue missions.

We are calling on all political leaders to say where the stand: do they want to restart the rescue and stop children drowning?

Ask them now. Sign our petition today.

Our teams are doing all they can to help the survivors of these tragic sinkings but we need to restart the rescue.

Together we can stop children drowning.
- See more at: http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/restart-the-rescue?sourcecode=P15001009&utm_campaign=restartrescue&utm_medium=naturalsocial&utm_source=twortr201504#sthash.w8t3LjBU.dpuf

Signed and passed on in every way I can. Katy Hopkins can go swivel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:03 pm

I agree they should be rescued.

After they are rescued & processed in Sicily & bearing in mind there are hundreds of thousands of them there already & more on the way.What should be done with them then?

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:36 pm

Their Parents?

Their Government

ISIS?

Us?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Make no mistake these migrants are like cockroaches

No, I don’t care. Show me pictures of coffins, show me bodies floating in water, play violins and show me skinny people looking sad.

I still don’t care.

Because in the next minute you’ll show me pictures of aggressive young men at Calais, spreading like norovirus on a cruise ship.

Watching them try to clamber on to British lorries and steal their way into the UK, do I feel pity? Only for the British drivers, who get hit with a fine every time one of this plague of feral humans ends up in their truck.

Understand this, these two populations are the same. The migrants harassing Brit truckers at the port are the same as the vagrants making the perilous trip across the Med.

And there is no stopping them. 170,000 came last year.

http://www.sunnation.co.uk/hopkins-rescue-boats-id-use-gunships-to-stop-illegal-migrants/

What a disgusting prat she is using terminology like that. Cast your vote.

She certainly has a way with words doesn't she?? affraid

This article has caused a storm; I'm sure much of what she says/writes is designed to shock. She must have the skin of a rhino.  Having said that did you see on CBB the only time she got upset was when someone paid her a compliment or was nice to her?

Maybe she just needs to feelthelove Hopkins: Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop illegal migrants Heart_11 Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Katie Hopkins has just written a piece so hateful that it might give Hitler pause – why was it published?

As Hopkins becomes more offensive to stay relevant and in work, it’s not ok for us to sit on our hands

Two things have been clear for years: a) Katie Hopkins has cleverly built a popular, personal brand on provocative views that tend to to demonise people she doesn’t like, and get a rise out of people who don’t like her; b) the best way to respond is not to respond at all.

That’s fine - Hopkins has children to feed and dress - and we can unfollow her, and avoid what she writes and says. Free country, free speech. Just look the other way.

But when a national newspaper, which gives this brand an audience of two million people, happily prints language that might give Hitler pause, is that still OK? Or is it worth responding this time, even if she’ll love every minute?

A bit strong to compare Hopkins to Hitler? Read her column on page 11 of yesterday’s Sun.

“Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop migrants”. That was The Sun's headline, written apparently without concern.

She then refers to migrants in Calais who try to board trucks heading to Britain as “a plague of feral humans”.

She proposes an Australian approach to migrants on boats. “They threaten them with violence until they bugger off, throwing cans of Castlemaine in an Aussie version of sharia stoning”.

She says we don’t need Save the Children “encouraging” migrants to make the journey. “What we need are gunships sending these boats back to their own country”.

She adds: “Some of our towns are festering sores, plagued by swarms of migrants and asylum seekers, shelling out benefits like Monopoly money”.

Then she writes this, and The Sun prints it. “Make no mistake, these migrants are like cockroaches. They might look a bit “Bob Geldof’s Ethiopia circa 1984”, but they are built to survive a nuclear bomb. They are survivors”.

In the environment that led to creation of the Third Reich in Germany, Polish people were seen as "an East European species of cockroach", while Jews were rats. When Hutu extremists used radio propaganda to incite violence against the Tutsis during the Rwandan Genocide, they called on people to “weed out the cockroaches.”

Putting to one side the facts - that Hopkins’ cockroaches include families trying to flee war zones - it is not a challenge to free speech to question the publication of language that reads so much like dehumanising, fascist propaganda. You don’t have to be humourless, or unsympathetic to the truck drivers Hopkins set out to protect, to feel like something is wrong here. And it is not about political correctness. It’s about decency.

Even before we consider her words in relation to the legal definition of racial hatred, The Sun has a responsibility to decide where to draw the line. What if any discussions took place before editors sent page 11 to be printed? (I asked Stig Abell, the Managing Editor, and Dylan Sharpe, the paper’s head of PR, for their thoughts on Twitter last night, but no reply so far.)

I suspect that if any other journalist had filed that column to The Sun, editors would have rightly gasped and spiked it immediately. But this is Brand Hopkins. This is what she does, and she peppers her prejudice with gags. People like her - there is demand for her views, and it’s good for business. And what about free speech?!

But as Hopkins becomes more offensive to stay relevant and in work, so that she can make a good living for her family, it’s not OK to sit on our hands, even if challenging her and The Sun fuels the brand and delights the writer. There’s no way she’ll stop - she loves this, as I found when I met her a couple of years ago - but if the editors and producers who giver her a platform (LBC have just given her her own radio show) think that column was acceptable, they must explain why, and justify her future employment.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/katie-hopkins-when-is-enough-enough-10186490.html

Agree with every word!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Shady wrote:I agree they should be rescued.

After they are rescued & processed in Sicily & bearing in mind there are hundreds of thousands of them there already & more on the way.What should be done with them then?

That's the problem isn't it? No one want's so see people die, particularly children who, lets face it, have no choice in the matter Sad

There has to be a workable solution, the trouble is finding and funding that solution. It's not something that is going to be solved with a magic wand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Ramming the rough end of a pineapple up her would be a waste of the pineapple.
Her children will grow up to dispise her, and will run the gauntlet of abuse and bullying every day at school. They will become Billy no-mates and social pariahs as peers parents wont want anything to do with them or her vile mother.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:12 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Shady wrote:I agree they should be rescued.

That's the problem isn't it? No one want's so see people die, particularly children who, lets face it, have no choice in the matter Sad

There has to be a workable solution, the trouble is finding and funding that solution. It's not something that is going to be solved with a magic wand.
Hopkins wants to see the kids die - she has suggested that gunboats machine gun them out of the water.
Murdoch's maiden is still dancing to his bidding.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:16 pm

risingsun wrote:Considering many of the those who died were children, I won't say what I would do to her, I don't even think of her a human, she's a robot, spouting all the disgusting filth she can on behalf of the Murdoch press. One day she'll be prosecuted and they'll leave her it, and karma will prevail.
It behoves me to say it, but few would mourn if she was the target of an assassination.
People have been murdered for less.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Handy Andy wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

That's the problem isn't it?  No one want's so see people die, particularly children who, lets face it, have no choice in the matter  Sad

There has to be a workable solution, the trouble is finding and funding that solution.  It's not something that is going to be solved with a magic wand.  
Hopkins wants to see the kids die - she has suggested that gunboats machine gun them out of the water.
Murdoch's maiden is still dancing to his bidding.

Has she?  I thought she said she wanted the gun ships to drive them back to shore and burn their boats??? Have I missed something? Hopkins: Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop illegal migrants Questi11

I'm not defending her btw, she's outrageous! Just trying to find out the facts of the matter Andy.  Hope you are well x

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Hi FTL, really well after a pretty shitty winter -was pretty ill before xmas with pnuemonia, has left a residue hacking cough.. Then my inlaw died in Feb, so it has been difficult. Starting to feel better now the warm sun is out makes the world seem a better place (if you dont watch tv or read the papers)
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Hi FTL, really well after a pretty shitty winter -was pretty ill before xmas with pnuemonia,  has left a residue hacking cough.. Then my inlaw died in Feb, so it has been difficult. Starting to feel  better now the warm sun is out  makes the world  seem a better place (if you dont watch tv or read the papers)

Sorry to hear that, glad you are on the mend.  Agreed, the sun makes such a difference doesn't it?  They say we may have a three month heatwave!  Should be a good summer.  Take care of yourself, your health is important Hopkins: Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop illegal migrants Hug_414 xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:39 pm

risingsun wrote:Restart the rescue: help stop children drowning in the Mediterranean

Hopkins: Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop illegal migrants Migrants2_546

Next month Britain has a chance to help change the EU’s shameful policy of leaving children to drown in the Mediterranean Sea.  Our leaders won’t act unless we send a clear message. Sign our petition now.

Children are in danger when they’re on the move. This week 400 people drowned, many are thought to have been children.

Search and rescue ships used to save children at risk of drowning but the EU decided to scale back these vital missions last year.

Tragic events this week show why it is time to restart the rescue. Next month we have the chance.

The position of the next UK government could tip the balance in EU talks and help scale up rescue missions.

We are calling on all political leaders to say where the stand: do they want to restart the rescue and stop children drowning?

Ask them now. Sign our petition today.

Our teams are doing all they can to help the survivors of these tragic sinkings but we need to restart the rescue.

Together we can stop children drowning.
- See more at: http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/restart-the-rescue?sourcecode=P15001009&utm_campaign=restartrescue&utm_medium=naturalsocial&utm_source=twortr201504#sthash.w8t3LjBU.dpuf

Signed and passed on in every way I can.  Katy Hopkins can go swivel.

of course this will mean millions more expenditure.... so increasing the deficit even more..... hey ho its the "publics" money...lets spend it there rather than on infra structure and jobs.....

emotive drivel

thats the left for you ...when they want an excuse to rob the bank they wheel out emotive pictures of children and starving folks....

where is the money going to come from??

IF they are SO sure the public would back this then set up a charity to collect funding for it, NO govt money , and it HAS to run on what it collects....

if the public REALLY back it it will get sufficient....
if they dont .....it wont

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:58 pm

FGS, we don't do the rescuing, and if you can sit and watch children drown you're not the man I thought you were. The people who drowned had been running from Libya, where some had watched their other children doused in petrol and set alight (in The Times).

And the petition was started by Save The Children, which is world wide. Really, really pathetic you turned this into a L/R issue when it is about saving children.

I truly shocked Victor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:08 pm

So, who does the rescuing???

and who pays for it? the magic money tree?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:09 pm

NOW...IF they cut all aid to india...which has nukes, and a space program

and funded it from that...well fair enough.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:16 pm

darknessss wrote:NOW...IF they cut all aid to india...which has nukes, and a space program

and funded it from that...well fair enough.....

Makes sense Victor but like Shady says, what next?  The rescue is just the beginning, these people need housing, food, clothing, jobs, schools etc Hopkins: Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop illegal migrants I_don_12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:01 pm

risingsun wrote:FGS, we don't do the rescuing, and if you can sit and watch children drown you're not the man I thought you were.   The people who drowned had been running from Libya, where some had watched their other children doused in petrol and set alight (in The Times).

And the petition was started by Save The Children, which is world wide.  Really, really pathetic you turned this into a L/R issue when it is about saving children.

I truly shocked Victor.

ah and now for the cost

"Italy scaled back the mission after it was unable to persuade European partners to help meet its operating costs of nine million euros (£6.5m) per month."

from http://news.sky.com/story/1467920/search-as-hundreds-of-boat-migrants-feared-dead

£6.5m per month

£78m per year

now where we going to find that?

hmmm???

and the cost can only increase.....

interestingly enough....ever see "Out of Africa"??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:02 pm

and ...we get sticked for "interfering and doing something

and we get sticked for NOT doing something....

clue for the politicians...Its cheaper and no more damaging to "do nothing"

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:39 am

darknessss wrote:and ...we get sticked for "interfering and doing something

and we get sticked for NOT doing something....

clue for the politicians...Its cheaper and no more damaging to "do nothing"

Dave wanted to bomb Libya and he did. He also wanted to bomb Syria but couldn't get support in the HoC to do so.

I expect that Hopkins was as disappointed as he was about not being able to bomb them into democracy like he did in Libya.

They really suit each other right enough.

Hopkins: Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop illegal migrants Camero10
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:05 am

UKIP leader Nigel Farage and controversial Sun columnist Katie Hopkins have separately praised Australia’s tough immigration policies as Europe comes to terms with another migrant boat disaster in the Mediterranean.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/critics-love-oz-immigration#.xo5K2q97E
“Australians are like British people but with balls of steel, can-do brains, tiny hearts and whacking great gunships,”

The pull factor stuff is garbage we still get boat people because you cannot remove the pull factor without making your nation some where people don't want to live. it really is that simply while life is hundred or even thousands of time better in our countries we will have people using their initiative to try and join us.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:53 am

veya_victaous wrote:
UKIP leader Nigel Farage and controversial Sun columnist Katie Hopkins have separately praised Australia’s tough immigration policies as Europe comes to terms with another migrant boat disaster in the Mediterranean.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/critics-love-oz-immigration#.xo5K2q97E
“Australians are like British people but with balls of steel, can-do brains, tiny hearts and whacking great gunships,”

The pull factor stuff is garbage we still get boat people because you cannot remove the pull factor without making your nation some where people don't want to live. it really is that simply while life is hundred or even thousands of time better in our countries we will have people using their initiative to try and join us.

That's the point that David Cameron has made in respect of foreign aid. If we can make their life better over there then not as many will want to come here.
That's a massive task and I'll never see that in my lifetime but I suppose it's a worthy cause.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:41 am

What gets me is the hypocrisy. In all the election debates I see people asking the same question - in different ways, but it's basically the same one - ie, "what will your party do for me?". I haven't seen anyone ask about saving immigrants from the sea, or saying that they will accept lower living standards so that people can be rescued from the sea. Sure, they might get angry with the likes of Katie Hopkins, but these are the same people who will moan when they can't get a house, or when others get benefits that they think they shouldn't be entitled to - ie, immigrants.

Why are these children in the sea anyway? If a parent in this country put their child at risk in that manner, they'd be prosecuted, not pampered. Why do people have children in these dreadful countries in the first place?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:52 am

Handy Andy wrote:
risingsun wrote:Considering many of the those who died were children, I won't say what I would do to her, I don't even think of her a human, she's a robot, spouting all the disgusting filth she can on behalf of the Murdoch press.   One day she'll be prosecuted and they'll leave her it, and karma will prevail.
It behoves  me to say it, but few would mourn if she was the target  of an assassination.
People have been murdered for less.

How do you know who would mourn? She might be extremely undiplomatic and harsh, but you are wishing death on her, so how does that make you better than her?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:11 am

darknessss wrote:So, who does the rescuing???

and who pays for it? the magic money tree?

That's right, because money falls down from the trees - in the minds of some people.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:16 am

Hopkins is presently organising a street party to celebrate the drowning of the 700. She is inviting lots of the more mean minded people like her.
You lot should have a ball.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:22 am

Handy Andy wrote:Hopkins is presently organising a street party to celebrate the drowning of the 700. She is inviting lots of the more mean minded people like her.
You lot should have a ball.

Do you have a link for that story? rabbit
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:27 am

This business about lorry drivers being fined - do they fine the people who get on these lorries? No they don't.

What about trying to improve conditions in your own country? That's what she's saying isn't she? Conditions were improved in this country because of the efforts of people who were here - they didn't run off to another country instead.

What about these "jihadi brides"? Will they have children in the country they chose to run off to, and then suddenly think - oh no, this country is dangerous for my children, I need to get them to Britain? Oh wait - that's the country I left in the first place.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:31 am

He don't have a link, it's just a product of his labour upbringing. Evil or Very Mad
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:33 am

nicko wrote:He don't have a link, it's just a product of his labour upbringing. Evil or Very Mad

You think he made it up?

That's outrageous!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:15 pm

Good evening Folks.

At this moment in time,one feasible way of dealing with the Mediterranean boat people is to send them to countries with the financial resources & room to deal with them.

Those countries are the USA,Canada & Australia.

Europe cannot cope with them due to a lack of resources,infrastructure & room.It's pointless & virtually impossible to send them back to their own countries & when you think about it,how would it be possible to actually return to their countries of origin.

The three aforementioned countries have the space & money to accommodate the refugees & they should be making more of a concerted effort to take them in.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:38 pm

USA and Australia would be best Canada might be a bit cold for 'em.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:44 pm

nicko wrote:USA and Australia would be best Canada might be a bit cold for 'em.  

As long as they don't come here Nicko.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down