NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expressing Gratitude Is Linked To A Healthier Heart, Study Finds

Go down

Expressing Gratitude Is Linked To A Healthier Heart, Study Finds Empty Expressing Gratitude Is Linked To A Healthier Heart, Study Finds

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:34 pm

Gratitude doesn't just warm your heart, it may also lead to a healthier one, a new study suggests.
Research published by the American Psychological Association found patients with asymptomatic heart failure showed decreased levels of inflammatory biomarkers in the body, which are related to improved cardiac health. The study consisted of 186 men and women who kept a gratitude journal for eight weeks as they received regular clinical care."It seems that a more grateful heart is indeed a more healthy heart, and that gratitude journaling is an easy way to support cardiac health," wrote lead author Paul J. Mills, Ph.D., professor of family medicine and public health at the University of California, San Diego. The study also found that gratitude contributed to spiritual well-being, which was associated with improved mood and better sleep. This isn't the first time researchers have discovered a positive association between thankfulness and an improved heart. A 1995 study published in the American Journal of Cardiology found that positive emotions and appreciation are linked with changes in heart rate variability. The new APA findings also saw heart rate variability changes in the patients who had a thankful outlook.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/09/gratitude-heart-health_n_7033612.html?utm_hp_ref=good-news&ir=Good%20News

Back to top Go down

Expressing Gratitude Is Linked To A Healthier Heart, Study Finds Empty Re: Expressing Gratitude Is Linked To A Healthier Heart, Study Finds

Post by eddie Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:12 pm

I'm very grateful for this thread cheers
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Expressing Gratitude Is Linked To A Healthier Heart, Study Finds Empty Re: Expressing Gratitude Is Linked To A Healthier Heart, Study Finds

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:37 pm

eddie wrote:I'm very grateful for this thread cheers

I am grateful it has been a beautiful warm Spring day in the 20'+ Celsius and I finished at 1 today also.
Happy Days Eddie, hope you have had a lovely day too.

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:11 pm

Brasidas wrote:
eddie wrote:I'm very grateful for this thread cheers

I am grateful it has been a beautiful warm Spring day in the 20'+ Celsius and I finished at 1 today also.

cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

Yes was quite a nice day for me too x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

Yes was quite a nice day for me too x

I hope the rest of your weekend is nice and wonderful Eddie. x

Amazing what a bit of sunshine and higher temperatures can do for people. You see, so many more smiles on peoples faces out and about. Its contagious, in an exceptionally good way.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:15 am

Yes, it really does cheer people up, it's amazing really.

Hope today clears soon; it's drizzling with rain here.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:32 pm

eddie wrote:Yes, it really does cheer people up, it's amazing really.

Turned out to be a beautiful day here Expressing Gratitude Is Linked To A Healthier Heart, Study Finds Spring11 Spring has sprung Expressing Gratitude Is Linked To A Healthier Heart, Study Finds 2681620681 x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:33 pm

feelthelove wrote:
eddie wrote:Yes, it really does cheer people up, it's amazing really.

Turned out to be a beautiful day here Expressing Gratitude Is Linked To A Healthier Heart, Study Finds Spring11 Spring has sprung Expressing Gratitude Is Linked To A Healthier Heart, Study Finds 2681620681 x

Shhhhhhh FTL!!! Winter will hear you and come back!!! Shocked
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down