NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marijuana can kill cancer cells, says US government-funded research

5 posters

Go down

Marijuana can kill cancer cells, says US government-funded research  Empty Marijuana can kill cancer cells, says US government-funded research

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:14 am

The US government may be starting to officially recognize medicinal benefits of marijuana, as a government-funded research group has released a report claiming that weed can kill cancer cells. The Daily Caller reported the National Institute on Drug Abuse has issued a report that recognizes potential medical benefits of marijuana, something the US government has rejected in its classification of pot as a Schedule I drug – along with heroin, LSD and ecstasy.

“Recent animal studies have shown that marijuana can kill certain cancer cells and reduce the size of others,” the NIDA report said. “Evidence from one animal study suggests that extracts from whole-plant marijuana can shrink one of the most serious types of brain tumours. Research in mice showed that these extracts, when used with radiation, increased the cancer-killing effects of the radiation.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/marijuana-can-kill-cancer-cells-says-us-governmentfunded-research-10166406.html

Well, I am happy to say that I was wrong and that Korben was right, because it really is able to kill some cancer cells. Fair play and again I am very happy to be wrong here.

My apologies Korben.

Back to top Go down

Marijuana can kill cancer cells, says US government-funded research  Empty Re: Marijuana can kill cancer cells, says US government-funded research

Post by eddie Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:53 am

Didge you are irritating beyond belief sometimes but this is why I like you: you're more real and honest than most on here.

Anyway, concerning the OP, the government will never allow marijuana to be used - they make too much money out of chemo and the strain of marijuan they use will be so tampered with it wont be weed anymore but something else entirely.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Marijuana can kill cancer cells, says US government-funded research  Empty Re: Marijuana can kill cancer cells, says US government-funded research

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:10 am

eddie wrote:Didge you are irritating beyond belief sometimes but this is why I like you: you're more real and honest than most on here.

Anyway, concerning the OP, the government will never allow marijuana to be used - they make too much money out of chemo and the strain of marijuan they use will be so tampered with it wont be weed anymore but something else entirely.

Thanks Eddie,You know I always state clearly if I am wrong and am honest to admit like I was here.

I think the Governement cannot ignore its usage, as what is it going to cost the NHS compared to chemo? Cehmo will cost far more due to the countless side aeffects alone. Again many more tests will need to be done before it can approved, which sadly does take a few years. The fact is though this will be way cheaper than chemo, but again it is only affective on some cancers, sadly, with have not found the Holy Grail of a cure to all cancers.
Still positive news this and again I see marijuana will be decriminalising within the next decaade and on some other drugs, as the war on drugs has never worked. The Prohibition era should have been enough evidence to show the war on drugs will not work.

Any way, is very very late, so am off to bed.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:13 am

I know one old rastafarian - known him years - he got diagnosed with Cancer (I'm not sure which) but he told me he was gonna smoke pure weed until he needed hospitalisation

That was five years ago.

Last I heard he was still alive and still smoking da weed
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Still alive but completely off his head! Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:56 pm

eddie wrote:I know one old rastafarian - known him years - he got diagnosed with Cancer (I'm not sure which) but he told me he was gonna smoke pure weed until he needed hospitalisation

That was five years ago.

As i always say 1oz of prevention is better than 13 weeks of kemo Smile

And as i have said till i am blue in the face, the view you get from the media is biased towards 1% of smokers who are raving Neds
who drink and take Es and coke and "like cant speakl ike  proper English like because they are all like  "buzzing " "chung " like  (translation http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine /4074004.stm  ) "

I have smoked 30 years plus i am 53 this year,i look in early 40s i have and have had no major health problems other than a cold

it cured my crippling migraines after i started smoking

i am not saying its right for every one drugs just like alcohol effect people differently and more proper research needs done
its none addictive (seriously )
its none toxic
Nobody has died from a overdose (cant be done period)
some study s even suggest it can have a beneficial effect on drivers causing less accidents rather than more and less fatal ones at that (that`s open to debate )

And remember we a talking about a drug that has been used for thousands of years a drug that you could grow your self
ask your self why would that be made illegal

people get drunk on alcohol by the millions every day
yet to much of it will ether kill you or Seriously damage your organs it makes you take more risks ,it is the main cause of domestic violence ,its a poison for Christ sake and it Legal  

Bloody madness really

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:32 pm

You're right KD but the street stuff isn't a,ways good

It's the tobacco you mix with it that is addictive and causes the Cancer

Not sure about youths smoking skunk either - I think that stuff is way too strong
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:01 pm

they are two types resin and bush

resin can be mixed with anything and is to increase bulk

bush not so much ,they are urban myths of powdered glass or sugar sprinkled over the buds to add weight
but i have never seen it

And people who claim its far stronger than it used to be are only partly correct because that`s not "strictly" true IMO
unfortunately recent events means that i am unable to contribute to a discussion close to my heart and one that i have a great deal of relevant personal experience and insight to in anything more than vague terms and examples
A topic many of you have only heard media reports concerning and would perhaps benefit from a more first person view

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:50 pm

I have read that cannabis oil has been used on skin cancer...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:03 pm

Mindblowing Microscopic Footage of Cancer Cells Being Eliminated by Cannabis Oil

Did you know that studies showed the effectiveness of cannabis at killing cancer cells as long ago as 1974?

In 1974, a study from The Washington Post said that THC effectively:

“slowed the growth of lung cancers, breast cancers and a virus-induced leukemia in laboratory mice, and prolonged their lives by as much as 36%.”

The information was suppressed and people were incarcerated for up to decades for using or selling the harmless, absolutely miraculous medicine from 1974 to 1998 (and further on, as you know). In 1998, another study came out from Madrid’s Complutense University that indicated THC can cause cancer cells to die, and unlike chemotherapy the THC kills nothing but the cancer cells, leaving the brain of course completely unharmed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:58 pm

Yes I have read that ingredients can cause cancer cells to expire rather than to grow.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2015 12:01 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Yes I have read that ingredients can cause cancer cells to expire rather than to grow.

we smokers have said this for years tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 06, 2015 6:13 am

Marijuana can kill cancer cells, says US government-funded research  IC7dHda
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 12:45 pm

korban dallas wrote:
eddie wrote:I know one old rastafarian - known him years - he got diagnosed with Cancer (I'm not sure which) but he told me he was gonna smoke pure weed until he needed hospitalisation

That was five years ago.

And as i have said till i am blue in the face, the view you get from the media is biased towards 1% of smokers who are raving Neds
who drink and take Es and coke and "like cant speakl ike  proper English like because they are all like  "buzzing " "chung " like  (translation http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine /4074004.stm  ) "

I have smoked 30 years plus i am 53 this year,i look in early 40s i have and have had no major health problems other than a cold

i am not saying its right for every one drugs just like alcohol effect people differently and more proper research needs done
its none toxic
some study s even suggest it can have a beneficial effect on drivers causing less accidents rather than more and less fatal ones at that (that`s open to debate )

And remember we a talking about a drug that has been used for thousands of years a drug that you could grow your self

yet to much of it will ether kill you or Seriously damage your organs it makes you take more risks ,it is the main cause of domestic violence ,its a poison for Christ sake and it Legal  

Bloody madness really

chemo is well trusted i wouldn't let it near me i would rather start smoking again and smoking the weed if i needed to .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 8:38 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

its none toxic

Bloody madness really

chemo is well trusted i wouldn't let it near me i would rather start smoking again and smoking the weed if i needed to .
chemo may be well trusted but its unpleasant and has many side affects
fatigue
mouth sores
nerve damage
neutropenia and infections
diarrhea
constipation
hair loss
it can damage fast-growing healthy cells.
Chemotherapy can also damage the cells that line mucous membranes throughout the body, including those inside the mouth, throat and stomach
Each person with cancer reacts differently to chemotherapy

so your right not to let it near you nether would I

they are no side affect from cannabis cheers

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2015 9:18 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
chemo may be well trusted but its unpleasant and has many side affects
fatigue
mouth sores
nerve damage
neutropenia and infections
diarrhea
constipation
hair loss
it can damage fast-growing healthy cells.
Chemotherapy can also damage the cells that line mucous membranes throughout the body, including those inside the mouth, throat and stomach
Each person with cancer reacts differently to chemotherapy

so your right not to let it near you nether would I

they are no side affect from cannabis cheers

FUCKING BULLSHIT...

Rolling Eyes
Er......bullshit which part ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2015 9:19 pm

I see the village pig has decided to contribute with yet more well thought out and constructive commentary Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 07, 2015 11:47 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Suspect

G'DAY, QUACK !

YOU fucking stupid, unqualified thieving ****..

SO, How's the "all natural cancer cure" scams going this year, you filthy little *****?

WAS THAT your disgusting pervert of a husband who was reported being thrown in jail last week ??

IF NOT, then why not ~ you're both well overdue for a long holiday at Her Maj's pleasure..

Arrow

Wolf this is just plain stallkig and abuse
Please stop
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down