NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll

2 posters

Go down

Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll Empty Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:33 am

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's lead is wilting against leading Republican presidential candidates in three critical swing states, Colorado, Iowa and Virginia, and she finds herself in a close race with U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky in each state, according to a Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll released today. In head-to-head matchups, every Republican candidate effectively ties her in Colorado and almost all Republicans effectively tie her in Iowa. Secretary Clinton has lost ground in almost every matchup in Colorado and Iowa since a February 18 Swing State Poll by the independent Quinnipiac University. The Swing State Poll focuses on key states in the presidential election. One bright spot for Clinton is Virginia, the largest of the three states, where she leads all Republicans, including 47 - 40 percent over Bush, compared to a 42 - 42 percent tie in February. Voters in each state say Clinton is not honest and trustworthy. Her overall favorability has dropped significantly in Colorado and Iowa, while Virginia is unchanged. Favorability ratings for the Republicans are lackluster, at best. "These numbers are a boost for U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky as he formally launches his campaign," said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll. "Ominous for Hillary Clinton is the broad scope of the movement today compared to her showing in Quinnipiac University's mid-February survey. It isn't just one or two Republicans who are stepping up; it's virtually the entire GOP field that is running better against her. "That's why it is difficult to see Secretary Clinton's slippage as anything other than a further toll on her image from the furor over her e-mail." "In all three of these states, more, and in Colorado many more, registered voters say she is not honest and trustworthy," Brown added. "Voters do think she is a strong leader - a key metric - but unless she can change the honesty perception, running as a competent but dishonest candidate has serious potential problems."

Full Story

Although nobody was paid to faint when he spoke, and in spite of the negative reports coming from those who fear him, Paul seemed to attract a lot of the left's Sheeple.  Are you one of them?

Back to top Go down

Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll Empty Re: Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:47 am

He has the same stopped-clock syndrome as his dad (right twice a day), but he's never going to be a threat to Clinton because he could never win the Republican nomination. Rand Paul is, at the end of the day, just as much of a silly person as any other Republican leader.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll Empty Re: Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:35 am

Hmm I see you weren't one of them. For sure time will tell who is who. Personally I look at both sides and can't believe this is our best. Just a  loose affiliation of what's in it for me politicians who's personal gain is all that matters.  But, like I said the negativity of those who fear Paul and what he stands for flows like water. Truth is, if he did not pose a threat no one would say anything. He wouldn't matter. But the media needs to spread the thought to those sheeple who are still under the illusion that Obama and Hillary aren't silly Democrat leaders. Like good sheeple they believe what they are told and convince themselves it was their own personal thought. ODD!  The only time I see any attack from one left to another is when one does not agree with the agenda. Hence "Bob Menendez" I have not read any negative posts from the left condemning Hillary and Benghazi . Nor something as simple as Obama's promise of being the most transparent president. Why is that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:52 am

Hotwired wrote:Hmm I see you weren't one of them. For sure time will tell who is who. Personally I look at both sides and can't believe this is our best. Just a  loose affiliation of what's in it for me politicians who's personal gain is all that matters.  But, like I said the negativity of those who fear Paul and what he stands for flows like water. Truth is, if he did not pose a threat no one would say anything. He wouldn't matter. But the media needs to spread the thought to those sheeple who are still under the illusion that Obama and Hillary aren't silly Democrat leaders. Like good sheeple they believe what they are told and convince themselves it was their own personal thought. ODD!  The only time I see any attack from one left to another is when one does not agree with the agenda. Hence "Bob Menendez" I have not read any negative posts from the left condemning Hillary and her email's. Nor Obama's promise of being the most transparent president. The article is based more on Hillary's actions that caused her to loose ground then who is taking the lead in a useless poll. Yet you didn't comment on that factor. Why is that?

Wouldn't you agree that anyone who has Paul's profile and is running for president should not be dismissed? I do fear his agenda for the U.S. This is a man, after all, who said that he would repeal certain portions of the Civil Rights Act, and had this to say about the (so-called?) supremacy of the U.S. Supreme Court in interpreting our constitution:

Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be ‘constitutional’ does not make it so. The whole thing remains unconstitutional. While the court may have erroneously come to the conclusion that the law is allowable, it certainly does nothing to make this mandate or government takeover of our health care right.

But you and your angry hive-mates are never going to nominate Paul, as I said before. He likes Hispanic people way too much to ever win a nomination from the modern GOP base.

The left is more critical of its own leaders than the right ever is, and I've posted about Clinton's and Obama's shortcomings on this site too many times to go into. It's not efficient but at least it's honest. As Will Rogers said, "I don't belong to an organized political party ... I'm a Democrat."

Now, for the sake of argument -- let's say your favorite Republican candidate in the next election turns out to have done exactly whatever it was Clinton did regarding personal e-mails. (If it's Jeb, you really don't have a leg to stand on, because at least Clinton didn't dox her own constituents.)

I would not expect you to turn around and vote for the Democrat over that issue. Would you expect any Democrat to vote for, say, Jeb Bush over this e-mail thing?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:27 pm

Republicans are out of the wholesale politics business.  They can win at retail politics, but only by gerrymandering their districts. They can win local, state and congressional elections, but rarely Senate races and almost never the presidency.

Money has actually done in the Republicans.  It has allowed for the rise of the Tea party, creating a new right flank and stretching the Republican line far too much.  Now, in order to get anywhere, the candidate must fend off the right in the primary, which dooms him in the general election, where there are more moderate voters.  The general public is far to the left of the Republican right, and any position taken by the candidate in the primary is unpalatable to the general public.  Look what happened to Mitt Romney.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down