NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slaves of the Internet, Unite!

2 posters

Go down

Slaves of the Internet, Unite! Empty Slaves of the Internet, Unite!

Post by Lurker Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:07 pm

NOT long ago, I received, in a single week, three (3) invitations to write an original piece for publication or give a prepared speech in exchange for no ($0.00) money. As with stinkbugs, it’s not any one instance of this request but their sheer number and relentlessness that make them so tiresome. It also makes composing a polite response a heroic exercise in restraint.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/27/opinion/sunday/slaves-of-the-internet-unite.html?smid=pl-share&_r=1&
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Slaves of the Internet, Unite! Empty Re: Slaves of the Internet, Unite!

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:37 pm

well that Author I think over values writing and drawing.

money is also how our culture defines value, and being told that what you do is of no ($0.00) value to the society you live in is, frankly, demoralizing. Even sort of insulting. And of course when you live in a culture that treats your work as frivolous you can’t help but internalize some of that devaluation and think of yourself as something less than a bona fide grown-up.
thats sort of the point is is frivolous and is not of any great value, any one can do it but only the very top few actually get paid for it. So the Author should have 'Grown up' long before 40 and got a real job, I mean seriously after 10 years no one is willing to give you a paying job... maybe take the hint. You are not good enough to get paid. the Internet allows everyman and his dog to become an artist and the Vast Majority of what they put on line is FREE. put it in perspective a site like cracked.com produces 3 or more articles a day for free to the consumer. the value of written word online is pretty much nothing.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:43 pm

I speak as 'that guys thats good with computer' that everyone asks to fix their computer for nothing.
And it is something I get paid to do as my day job
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down