NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death toll in Yemen's Aden rises to 195 amid worsening humanitarian crisis

Go down

Death toll in Yemen's Aden rises to 195 amid worsening humanitarian crisis Empty Death toll in Yemen's Aden rises to 195 amid worsening humanitarian crisis

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:09 am

Via Xinhua: Death toll in Yemen's Aden rises to 195 amid worsening humanitarian crisis.

At least 195 have been killed and more than 1,300 wounded since the beginning of fighting in Yemen's Aden in late March, the port city's health authorities said Sunday.

On Saturday night, warships of the Saudi-led coalition forces shelled several military sites held by Shiite Houthi militia inside Aden. There was no immediate report of casualties.

"The fighting still continues in Mu'alla district of Aden as dozens of Houthi gunmen attempted to seize full control over Aden port," a military source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.

Ahmed Fahd, an Aden government official, told Xinhua by phone that "the humanitarian situation deteriorates day after day in Aden as fighting still continues in several areas. And we called for an urgent humanitarian aid but till now no responses from the organizations.

"The capacity of hospitals in Aden is full. Many injured people cannot receive treatment due to medicine shortages. Many families suffer as their houses were bombarded," Fahd said.

Several senior officials in Aden have pointed out that it is the local residents who have suffered most in the fighting.

The warring sides seemed to use water as a weapon of war. Aden residents said the ongoing fighting has destroyed the main water supply system and four districts have had no access to water and electricity for four days.

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) has called for a 24-hour pause of violence to bring in humanitarian aid and medical help for the Yemeni people.

In a statement obtained by Xinhua, the ICRC said it is alarmed by the dire humanitarian situation in Yemen and suggests that all air, land and sea routes be opened without delay for at least 24 hours to enable help to reach the stranded people.

"We urgently need an immediate halt to the fighting, to allow families in the worst affected areas, such as Aden, to venture out to get food and water, or to seek medical care," the statement said, citing Robert Mardini, head of the ICRC's operations in the Near and Middle East.

"Our relief supplies and surgical personnel must be allowed to enter the country and safely reach the worst-affected places to provide help. Otherwise, put starkly, many more people will die. For the wounded, their chances of survival depend on action within hours, not days," it added.

http://crofsblogs.typepad.com/h5n1/2015/04/death-toll-in-yemens-aden-rises-to-195-amid-worsening-humanitarian-crisis.html

And again the civilians caught in the middle. We have been talking to a Yemeni family on Twitter, they were very afraid were asking how the Gazan people stayed sane. Now we haven't heard from them for two days, I hope it's just a power problem. Children everywhere caught up in the worst violence.

Back to top Go down

Death toll in Yemen's Aden rises to 195 amid worsening humanitarian crisis Empty Re: Death toll in Yemen's Aden rises to 195 amid worsening humanitarian crisis

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:11 am

Yes amasing how the worlds media do not give this conflict the same high levels of attention as they do when it is Gaza. So thanks for highlighting as the majority of the world just sits back and says very little when a nation like Saudi, with some of the worst human rights records is killing civillians. I mean why have you not organized any protest marchers sassy? Where is all the Muslim marches in outrage to the loss of civillian lives Sassy?
It proves beyond doubt that the only reason there is protests against Israel is antisemitism.

Back to top Go down

Death toll in Yemen's Aden rises to 195 amid worsening humanitarian crisis Empty Re: Death toll in Yemen's Aden rises to 195 amid worsening humanitarian crisis

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:59 pm

Heard from them last night, they are alive but more air strikes

M. A. Al-Anesi ‏@Malanesi

Sounds of a new airstrike is going on now over #Sanaa #Yemen .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:01 pm

I mean Saudi Arabia has not been attacked, yet when this is Israel who retaliates to kill terrorist when they are attacked with indiscrminate Rocket attacks which are war crimes, you see the lefties tearing their hair out shrieking for action against Israel. It seems to be okay with the left when two factions of Muslims kill innocent civillians and proves why there is clearly huge bias from the left when it is Israel in the limelight. Even more so the coverage on this conflict has been minimal to say the least and shows how biased also the media is when such events happen with Israel and how only Israel is held to such higher standards. Are the media thus claiming these two Muslim countries then are less decent and backward by not holding them to the same moral and ethical standards as Israel by the huge disparity in the coverage of such events?
If ever people wanted evidence of the sinister and underhandedness bias againts Israel, then you need to look no further than this conflict to prove this. It is very easy to show up how poor those on the left really are who campaign against Israel and you do then have to questions their motives, because it is very clear when shown comparitives the left prove how they are so contradicting in their outrage. Clearly there is something very sinister and vile behind the campaigns of the left against Israel, as they themselves do not hold other nations to the same moral and ethical standard that they do with Israel.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t8854-where-is-the-outrage-the-protests-and-demonstrations-from-the-left

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:14 pm

Brasidas wrote:I mean Saudi Arabia has not been attacked, yet when this is Israel who retaliates to kill terrorist when they are attacked with indiscrminate Rocket attacks which are war crimes, you see the lefties tearing their hair out shrieking for action against Israel. It seems to be okay with the left when two factions of Muslims kill innocent civillians and proves why there is clearly huge bias from the left when it is Israel in the limelight. Even more so the coverage on this conflict has been minimal to say the least and shows how biased also the media is when such events happen with Israel and how only Israel is held to such higher standards. Are the media thus claiming these two Muslim countries then are less decent and backward by not holding them to the same moral and ethical standards as Israel by the huge disparity in the coverage of such events?
If ever people wanted evidence of the sinister and underhandedness bias againts Israel, then you need to look no further than this conflict to prove this. It is very easy to show up how poor those on the left really are who campaign against Israel and you do then have to questions their motives, because it is very clear when shown comparitives the left prove how they are so contradicting in their outrage. Clearly there is something very sinister and vile behind the campaigns of the left against Israel, as they themselves do not hold other nations to the same moral and ethical standard that they do with Israel.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t8854-where-is-the-outrage-the-protests-and-demonstrations-from-the-left

Will this do for starters?

http://www.presstv.ir/Video/2015/04/05/404717/Londoners-march-against-Saudi-invasion-of-Yemen
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Some media coverage caught with just a quick glance

Death toll in Yemen's Aden rises to 195 amid worsening humanitarian crisis Yemen10
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:11 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Brasidas wrote:I mean Saudi Arabia has not been attacked, yet when this is Israel who retaliates to kill terrorist when they are attacked with indiscrminate Rocket attacks which are war crimes, you see the lefties tearing their hair out shrieking for action against Israel. It seems to be okay with the left when two factions of Muslims kill innocent civillians and proves why there is clearly huge bias from the left when it is Israel in the limelight. Even more so the coverage on this conflict has been minimal to say the least and shows how biased also the media is when such events happen with Israel and how only Israel is held to such higher standards. Are the media thus claiming these two Muslim countries then are less decent and backward by not holding them to the same moral and ethical standards as Israel by the huge disparity in the coverage of such events?

http://www.presstv.ir/Video/2015/04/05/404717/Londoners-march-against-Saudi-invasion-of-Yemen

PMSL, is that it?
How many was that handful?
Thank you further proving my point Irn

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:14 am

Brasidas wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

PMSL, is that it?

A pencil has a point Didge. You don't. Anyway, your a bit late on the go as most people are about ready for bed Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:16 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

PMSL, is that it?

A pencil has a point Didge. You don't. Anyway, your a bit late on the go as most people are about ready for bed Laughing

That was not even close to a comparrison to what happens when it is Gaza which proves my point which I knew only a lefty would stupidily attempt to try ha ha ha ha ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:23 am

Brasidas wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

PMSL, is that it?

That was not even close to a comparrison to what happens when it is Gaza which proves my point which I knew only a lefty would stupidily attempt to try ha ha ha ha ha ha

This subject is no cause for hilarity and you demean yourself by making out it's something to laugh about.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:27 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

This subject is no cause for hilarity and you demean yourself by making out it's something to laugh about.

Really then why did you place a smile then in the post before?
You see you really are quite the idiot thus placing yourself as being the idiot here ha ha ha ha ha
That laughter is and only directed at your stupidity, which you seem to have in adundance, which further proves how pathetic an individual you are Irn, that you now detract from your error here to turn this around in desperation making the most pathetic claims on me.
So the laughter is 100% directed at you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:33 am

Brasidas wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

You see you really are quite the idiot thus placing yourself as being the idiot here ha ha ha ha ha
That laughter is and only directed at your stupidity, which you seem to have in adundance, which further proves how pathetic an individual you are Irn, that you now detract from your error here to turn this around in desperation making the most pathetic claims on me.

The smile is at you turning up so late. I thought it was obvious but not to you it seems.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:36 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

The smile is at you turning up so late. I thought it was obvious but not to you it seems.

Oh so yours is directed at me and is fine, but I cannot take the piss out of you.
Jog on you cretin, you continue to show what an idiot you are, as I was taking the piss out of you which was very well justified here,

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down