NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trojan horse virus

3 posters

Go down

Trojan horse virus Empty Trojan horse virus

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:54 pm

Over the last couple of days i've had a couple of these that my anti virus software has picked up and cleared for me.....All i do is browse the internet for shopping or news, visit reputable forum sites, pay my bills etc.....Does anyone know how you get viruses....I don't do illegal downloads etc..So i'm at a loss to know why has happened.

My old Microsoft email a/c has been compromised or so they say that someone else might have tried to use it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Smile 

Back to top Go down

Trojan horse virus Empty Re: Trojan horse virus

Post by veya_victaous Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:39 pm

if you got a few I'd say someone (or yourself) with several mutual contacts got a virus that sends to all contacts. thus your group keep infecting itself, you fix it then another of the mutal contacts opens the email and you got it again.

Often it is random for the first infection but if they do get claws in (like circling in a mailing list) reinfection is common.

Although Trojans can be a bit more varied as they are the virus of choice for 'personalised' attacks. (i.e I am specifically trying to take over Your computer.) next time your anti virus finds one, google the virus name it will give you an idea if it is a generic one used for Mass infections or a type that is targeted.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:47 pm

veya_victaous wrote:if you got a few I'd say someone (or yourself) with several mutual contacts got a virus that sends to all contacts. thus your group keep infecting itself, you fix it then another of the mutal contacts opens the email and you got it again.

Often it is random for the first infection but if they do get claws in (like circling in a mailing list)  reinfection is common.

Although Trojans can be a bit more varied as they are the virus of choice for 'personalised' attacks. (i.e I am specifically trying to take over Your computer.) next time your anti virus finds one, google the virus name it will give you an idea if it is a generic one used for Mass infections or a type that is targeted.
Great advice cheers ....Thanks for that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:57 am

dropper.generic8.CLXE

Can't get any information on it though....

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:16 pm

try using Malwarebytes and run a scan, its free.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18555823

seems it is a simple trojan just someone's new hack of it
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:38 am

veya_victaous wrote:try using Malwarebytes and run a scan, its free.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18555823

seems it is a simple trojan just someone's new hack of it
Thanks again Veya Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:27 pm

I almost miss the excitement of a viral attack ... it's been so long! I feel like an aging debutante.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:00 pm

I just cleaned a nasty virus off my daughter's laptop. It installed itself pretending to be an antivirus program. It did an immediate scan saying she was infected by a gazillion viruses. It had popups galore. It wanted you to go to their website and buy the pro version of the program. If you did that they had your credit card info. I searched Google and found how other people had gotten rid of it. One site gave me the "pro" activation key. When I put that in, it stopped the pop-ups and scanning. Then I installed Malwarebytes Chameleon and ran it in safe mode. It stomped that virus flat. I then did a system restore, to be safe, to back before she got the virus. I ran Combofix, Roguekiller and MBAR, also. I have one Windows update that will not install. (KB2712808) (Error 80070020) Microsoft is zero help on this. They say run Windows Update in safe mode. That is idiotic. Windows Update will NOT run in safe mode - by design. I finally gave up and marked the update as hidden.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:52 pm

@lurker
yep, most of the time its easier just to format and reinstall the OS. I think I know the one or one very similar to what you Daughter had. It is quite dodgey it comes as a pop up in the corner that is very similar the the Microsoft messages and says it Windows something or other. I'm sure my Dad has clicked on it at least 3 times Embarassed Neutral 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:39 pm

This one is called "antivirus security pro." Once you enter the activation key and stop it from running, Malwarebytes Chameleon will remove it. Never download "antivirus security pro." It's a virus. LOL
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:08 pm

I use AVG and it's quite good at picking up viruses, so i'm just going to continue to rely on that :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down