NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Sometimes It Just Hits You': Photo Shows Doctor's Emotional Break Down After Death Of 19-Year-Old Patient

2 posters

Go down

'Sometimes It Just Hits You': Photo Shows Doctor's Emotional Break Down After Death Of 19-Year-Old Patient Empty 'Sometimes It Just Hits You': Photo Shows Doctor's Emotional Break Down After Death Of 19-Year-Old Patient

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:12 pm

A photo of an ER doctor breaking down after the death of a 19-year-old patient is touching people around the world.
The image, which was posted to Reddit on Friday morning, shows the doctor crouched on the floor holding on to wall and offers an insight into the emotional strain placed on medical staff working in emergency rooms.
"The man pictured was unable to save one of his patients," explains NickMore911, who works as a paramedic and shared the heart-breaking image taken by his co-worker.
'Sometimes It Just Hits You': Photo Shows Doctor's Emotional Break Down After Death Of 19-Year-Old Patient O-DOCTOR-570

"Though this is a common occurrence in our field of work, the patients we lose are typically old, sick, or some combination of the two. The patient that died was 19 years old, and for him, it was one of those calls we get sometimes that just hits you.
"Within a few minutes, the doctor stepped back inside, holding his head high again."
One commenter, who has worked in ER for 11 years, wrote: "Some days it is really hard to remember why we do this job. I know exactly how the doc in the picture feels.
"The strange thing is, despite the picture showing such a dark moment and bringing back some distressing memories, it actually makes me feel happier about my career choice... What we do matters."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/03/20/photo-doctor-breaks-down_n_6908178.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

I think we tend to forget what the Doctors and nurses also have to go through.

Back to top Go down

'Sometimes It Just Hits You': Photo Shows Doctor's Emotional Break Down After Death Of 19-Year-Old Patient Empty Re: 'Sometimes It Just Hits You': Photo Shows Doctor's Emotional Break Down After Death Of 19-Year-Old Patient

Post by eddie Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:34 pm

Very very moving image x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

'Sometimes It Just Hits You': Photo Shows Doctor's Emotional Break Down After Death Of 19-Year-Old Patient Empty Re: 'Sometimes It Just Hits You': Photo Shows Doctor's Emotional Break Down After Death Of 19-Year-Old Patient

Post by captain Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:37 am

Rare, to see a doctor show human feelings. Guess they are so well trained.

The is a kid nearby put on 2 annidressents he is in his 20's now, nice one minute then really spiteful within hours. Been in prision and placed over yet another disabled person and agravating the life out of them at all hours. Thanks doc for causing so much pain. I wonder if that doc ever cried.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down