NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I, for one, welcome our new Google overlord!

2 posters

Go down

I, for one, welcome our new Google overlord! Empty I, for one, welcome our new Google overlord!

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:57 pm

It's getting smarter ... it's adapting ...

The most recent update was announced just recently during Google’s 15th birthday celebration. Nicknamed “Hummingbird,” it represents the biggest change to Google search since 2001. It’s not just a tweak to the search functionality — Hummingbird is a completely new search algorithm that affects 90 percent of all searches. The most interesting part is that Hummingbird actually launched a month before the announcement… and no one noticed. Once again, that’s exactly what Google wants.

Google has updated its search algorithm many times over the past few years, but previous updates were focused on making Google better at gathering information — for example, indexing websites more often and identifying spammy content. Hummingbird is focused on the user. It’s about Google getting better at understanding what searchers really want and providing them with better answers.

The biggest improvements involve longer search queries. Rather than just examining each individual word in a search, Google is now examining the searcher’s query as a whole and processing the meaning behind it.

http://www.wired.com/insights/2013/10/google-hummingbird-where-no-search-has-gone-before/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

I, for one, welcome our new Google overlord! Empty Re: I, for one, welcome our new Google overlord!

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Google makes me feel like Little Red Riding hood

What big Algorithms you have Google....
...All the better to Advertise to you my dear
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down