NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homes of Leon Brittan and former armed forces chief 'searched by police investigating child sex allegations'

2 posters

Go down

Homes of Leon Brittan and former armed forces chief 'searched by police investigating child sex allegations'   Empty Homes of Leon Brittan and former armed forces chief 'searched by police investigating child sex allegations'

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Homes of Leon Brittan and Lord Bramall have been raided by the police
Raids conducted by officers from Scotland Yard's Operation Midland
Operation was set up to investigate claims of a child sex abuse ring in 80s
Properties in London and Yorkshire belonging to Lord Brittan searched
Home owned by Lord Bramall in Surrey was also raided by officers
Lord Bramall is one of the country's most decorated war veterans
Raid were conducted on same day as home of former Tory MP Harvey Proctor was searched

The homes of Leon Brittan and the former head of the armed forces have reportedly been searched by police investigating child sex allegations.

Officers raided two properties belonging to the former Home Secretary in London and North Yorkshire earlier this week, just six weeks after his death aged 75.

Meanwhile at the same time, a house in Surrey, owned by Lord Bramall, once the Army's highest ranking officer, was also searched.

It came on the same day as police also targeted the home of former disgrced Tory MP Harvey Proctor, where detectives spent two days searching his grace-and-favour home at Belvoir Castle in Leicestershire after a police team arrived on the estate on Wednesday.

The raids were conducted by officers from Operation Midland, which was set up by the Metropolitan Police in November to investigate claims of a VIP Westminster child sex abuse ring in the 1970s and 1980s.

Victims have come forward to claim men in powerful positions abused boys at the luxury Dolphin Square apartments in Pimlico. They are also examining allegations that figures in politics, the military and law enforcement abused children at other locations.

According to the Sunday Mirror and news investigators Exaro, homes belonging to Leon Brittan, including his family home in Pimlico, London and a country home in Wensleydale, North Yorkshire were searched.

At the same time, police searched the home of Lord Edwin Bramall, in Farnham, near Aldershot in Surrey.

Eton-educated Lord Bramall is one of the country's most decorated war veterans, having won the military cross and taking part in the 1944 Normandy D-Day landings.

He was also chief of the general staff during the Falklands War in 1982.

No arrests were made during the raids and it is unclear if Lord Bramall will have to make any formal statement.

A source close to the investigation told the Mirror: 'To carry out four simultaneous searches on a scale like this is a major work.

'They are acting on information but at this stage are not prepared to give any explanation.

'They are examining multiple leads. It's fair to say they are being very thorough. They will go wherever the evidence might lead them.'

The newspaper also reported that a woman who answered the door at Lord Bramall's home said they would not be making any comment.

Meanwhile a spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Police told Mailonline: 'We can confirm that officers from Operation Midland on Wednesday, March 4 conducted searches at an address in Westminster, an address in Leyburn, an address in Farnham and an address in Grantham in connection with their enquiries.'

News of the new raids come after the investigation into allegations of a VIP sex ring dramatically widened after the home of former MP Harvey Proctor was searched on Wednesday

The 68-year-old former Essex MP, who quit Parliament in 1987 after admitting ‘spanking sessions’ with rent boys, was forced to deny any knowledge of the abuse and deaths of three young boys.

He said he did not attend Westminster ‘sex parties’ at an exclusive address near Parliament and claimed to be trapped in a ‘Kafka-esque fantasy’.

Detectives arrived at Belvoir Castle near Grantham – the seat of the Duke of Rutland – where Proctor has lived since 2003.

They searched at least two properties on the 16,000-acre estate including a red ramshackle building he moved out of in recent months.

Lord Brittan had been accused of failing to act on a dossier of allegations handed to him when he was Home Secretary by campaigning MP Geoffrey Dickens.

He died from cancer in January at the age of 75 but friends of the Tory peer said his final days were 'dogged by unsubstantiated allegations' of involvement in the abuse of children by Westminster VIPs.

At the time of his death, ex-Tory leader Michael Howard led tributes, saying it was 'a shame' Lord Brittan had become caught up in controversy surrounding the failure to investigate claims of paedophilia in the 1980s

Lord Deben, who as John Gummer was Environment Secretary under John Major, said those who made claims against the former Home Secretary without ‘real evidence’ were ‘wicked’.

While former Tory minister and friend of Lord Brittan, David Mellor, said: 'I'm especially sad he died after he was subjected to unwarranted criticism and innuendo.

''It's sad for me that he's died while that was uppermost in his mind. It's a terrible way for a tremendous man to go.'

While William Hague, who succeeded Brittan as the MP for Richmond, led tributes to him in the House of Commons.

He said: ‘Many of us who have known him a long time know he’s been ill for many months but it is a sad moment to receive this news.

'The house will understand my predecessor as Member of Parliament for Richmond Yorkshire, which is why I particularly want to pay tribute to him as a former member of this House and former home secretary.

Before his death, Lord Brittan denied being responsible for a cover-up of child abuse allegations.

He said at the time: 'It has been alleged that when I was Home Secretary I failed to deal adequately with the papers containing allegations of serious sexual impropriety that I received from Geoff Dickens.

'This is completely without foundation, as evidence from the Home Office's own report supports.

'I passed this bundle of papers to the relevant Home Office officials for examination, as was the normal and correct practice. I wrote to Mr Dickens on 20 March 1984 informing him of the conclusions of the Director of Public Prosecutions about these matters.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2984879/Homes-Leon-Brittan-former-armed-forces-chief-searched-police-investigating-child-sex-allegations.html#ixzz3TnL3SIQB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Looks like Operation Fairbank is really getting underway. A lot of people who were in high office must be quaking in their boots, and it seems David Cameron couldn't stop the Cabinet Papers being released as he tried to do.

Back to top Go down

Homes of Leon Brittan and former armed forces chief 'searched by police investigating child sex allegations'   Empty Re: Homes of Leon Brittan and former armed forces chief 'searched by police investigating child sex allegations'

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:23 pm

The book at Elm House named many more. Wonder who is next in the firing line and when the Inquiry that Theresa May is supposed to be setting up, even though she has made sure it has taken a long time, will actually get started?

Back to top Go down

Homes of Leon Brittan and former armed forces chief 'searched by police investigating child sex allegations'   Empty Re: Homes of Leon Brittan and former armed forces chief 'searched by police investigating child sex allegations'

Post by eddie Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:48 pm

They seem to be naming people but is anything actually going to be DONE???
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:52 pm

Home Secretary announces judge to lead statutory inquiry into historical child sexual abuse

This has been ongoing for nearly a year, they have been doing their very best to put obstacles in it's way, and they have now said it won't start until after the GE. It includes the victims for Elm House, Dolphin Square, children's homes here and in Jersey, Rotherham etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:56 pm

risingsun wrote:Home Secretary announces judge to lead statutory inquiry into historical child sexual abuse

This has been ongoing for nearly a year, they have been doing their very best to put obstacles in it's way, and they have now said it won't start until after the GE.  It includes the victims for Elm House, Dolphin Square, children's homes here and in Jersey, Rotherham etc.

Thanks for the answer I was too lazy to google all that lol

Well let's hope there is a fair hearing and justice is forthcoming.
Why do I feel that that that's simply not going to be the case though??
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:59 pm

eddie wrote:
risingsun wrote:Home Secretary announces judge to lead statutory inquiry into historical child sexual abuse

This has been ongoing for nearly a year, they have been doing their very best to put obstacles in it's way, and they have now said it won't start until after the GE.  It includes the victims for Elm House, Dolphin Square, children's homes here and in Jersey, Rotherham etc.

Because they have waited until many of the perps are dead.
Unsuitable chairs keep being appointed and replaced which looks like delaying tactics and a hell of a lot of evidence is long gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:00 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

Unsuitable chairs keep being appointed and replaced which looks like delaying tactics and a hell of a lot of evidence is long gone.

You're right of course which is why they'll get away with it.
Makes me sick
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:02 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

You're right of course which is why they'll get away with it.
Makes me sick

And me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:03 pm

This from last December, bit further down the chain, but a start.

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5440/charles-napier-jailed-in-first-triumph-for-operation-fairbank

All the fuss about Cliff Richard is part of Operation Fairbank, he was named at Elm House, Harvey Proctor is another one.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:05 pm

Cliff will get out of it. I am telling you that for a fact.
Ain't no way he will be touched.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:06 pm

That is why he is staying in Portugal in my opinion. It will come out in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:08 pm

risingsun wrote:That is why he is staying in Portugal in my opinion.  It will come out in the end.

Absolutely that's why he's there!
I'm not sure I agree with you when you say it'll all come out.....I hope you're right but I just think he will wriggle out of it somehow.....(if it's true)
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:12 pm

And of course Prince Andrew knew nothing about the goings on at Epsteins LOL

Homes of Leon Brittan and former armed forces chief 'searched by police investigating child sex allegations'   B_k9VCnWAAAzYZ0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:15 pm

And of course:

Thatcher 'Turned Blind Eye' To Paedophile MPs

The Government is colluding in an abuse cover-up over fears of what revelations may come out before the election, an MP claims.

http://news.sky.com/story/1440761/thatcher-turned-blind-eye-to-paedophile-mps

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:41 pm

Bunch of sickos
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:59 pm

Aren't they just! And remember when MPs John Mann and Tom Watson started the campaign to get the investigation, Cameron, in Parliament, called it a 'conspiracy theory'.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:18 pm

risingsun wrote:Aren't they just!   And remember when MPs John Mann and Tom Watson started the campaign to get the investigation, Cameron, in Parliament, called it a 'conspiracy theory'.

That bloke is a cock
I sincerely hope he's not re-elected
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:56 pm

Absolutely, he is nauseating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:34 am

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

+1 x a gazillion. lets just hope there literally burning in hell.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:46 pm

Cass wrote:
Nems wrote:

+1 x a gazillion. lets just hope there literally burning in hell.

Agreed, sometimes I wish I believed but in all honesty, they got away with it didn't they Sad

Back to top Go down