NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for Quill & Ben

+2
eddie
stardesk
6 posters

Go down

Question for Quill & Ben Empty Question for Quill & Ben

Post by stardesk Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi guys. May I ask you a question about the KKK. They are something we very rarely hear about in the UK, are they still active and functioning? Therefore I'd like to know what their attitude is towards Moslems and Islam, especially after the Twin Towers atrocity and other events.

Hope you don't mind me asking.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Question for Quill & Ben Empty Re: Question for Quill & Ben

Post by eddie Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:14 pm

Great question Star
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:10 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi guys. May I ask you a question about the KKK. They are something we very rarely hear about in the UK, are they still active and functioning? Therefore I'd like to know what their attitude is towards Moslems and Islam, especially after the Twin Towers atrocity and other events.

Hope you don't mind me asking.

sniff you forgot about me.....

yes they are still active - very much so. there have also been quite a few splinter groups made because some think they are not extreme enough. White Supremacist groups are growing bigger every year.

they still hate blacks but for last few years the Hispanics have been their target (immigration argument) but the Muslims are also held in high disregard. I think there was a target in Michigan (some Sikhs) who were attacked by a WS (not sure if he was KKK) because the asshat nutjob thought they were Muslim. There are attacks that we just don't hear about.

I wasn't in country on 9/11 so not aware if they put out an official statement. a lot of them and other groups sometimes hate the federal or state governments more than non-whites. Maybe Ben or Quill knows if they did?

the KKK also hes its own site - happy (?) reading - https://www.kkk.com/

also have a look at David Duke on t'internet. Past Grand Wizard. A really swell guy.

have a look at this web site - http://www.splcenter.org/ very good on tracking hate groups.

Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:28 pm

The KKK is still alive and kicking.  With migratory patterns, they are all over.  Detroit and even southern New Jersey have active chapters.

One of the reasons why you might not hear about them today, is the Republican Party has moved in and assumed a lot of the role of the KKK.  The KKK is not just segregationist, in addition to anti-black, it is anti-color, anti-Jew, anti-Hispanic, anti-Catholic, and of course, anti-Muslim.  They are against anyone who doesn't fit the WASP mold.

So you can see right off why this has become fertile ground for the Republican Party.  Ever since Lee Atwater started the Southern Strategy in the Republican fold, the Republicans have given the KKK someplace to go.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Atwater (scroll down to "Atwater on the Southern Strategy").

The result has not only changed the KKK, but radicalized the Republicans.  That is the blend that created the Tea Party, the love of guns, the anti-government sentiment (remember the South lost the Civil War) and the general conservative persona that has taken over the formerly 'vanilla' party.

You are looking at the KKK as it is morphed today...right there in the picture, on the right.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi Eddie, thanks for that.

Cass, I didn't know you lived in the States. Sorry. Thanks everyone for the information. In the UK we have similar groups such as the EDP, (English Defence League) who have a bad record of hate and spite against people of foreign origin. Whilst I can understand the desire to protect one's national identity, there are more peaceful ways of doing it. Violence never solves anything, it just brings hate and contempt.

Apart from the Republicans, what is the attitude of other parties towards the KKK. Obviously Obama will be against them, but he is just one individual.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:14 pm

The Democrats are pretty much the opposite of the KKK now, which is a big change from pre-mid-1960s, when they essentially were the party of the KKK. Kennedy and LBJ's civil rights legislation basically caused the parties to, generalizing broadly here, flip ideologically between 1964 and 1980.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:43 pm

You know, I must be naive as I didn't know that the KKK was still so active!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:37 pm

eddie wrote:You know, I must be naive as I didn't know that the KKK was still so active!!
no its just the media and RW politicians are just so OTT about Muslims that everyone outside of the US doesnt hear about it or more likely they think it doesn't happen anymore.

funny to think that a few years ago it was dem damn Commies (reds under the bed) that had everybody's knickers in a twist.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:43 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi Eddie, thanks for that.

Cass, I didn't know you lived in the States. Sorry. Thanks everyone for the information. In the UK we have similar groups such as the EDP, (English Defence League) who have a bad record of hate and spite against people of foreign origin. Whilst I can understand the desire to protect one's national identity, there are more peaceful ways of doing it. Violence never solves anything, it just brings hate and contempt.

Apart from the Republicans, what is the attitude of other parties towards the KKK. Obviously Obama will be against them, but he is just one individual.

you are forgiven. I spent so long over in the UK that I tend to think of myself as half n half (type of liquid here mixture of cream and milk most commonly used in coffee or cooking). Smile

I know all about the EDL and the various guises they assume - similar to the BNP.

There really are no other parties apart from the Dems and the Repubs - Libertarians, Greens being the bigger of the smaller as it were. If I was still in UK I always supported the LibDems.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:52 pm

Wow Cass your first post here really does prove bigotry and stupidity go hand in hand Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:56 pm

Eilzel wrote:Wow Cass your first post here really does prove bigotry and stupidity go hand in hand Smile

I have tried to read the site and similar other like Robert Spencer etc....but I never get too far before I want to throw up x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:35 am

Cass wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Wow Cass your first post here really does prove bigotry and stupidity go hand in hand Smile

I have tried to read the site and similar other like Robert Spencer etc....but I never get too far before I want to throw up x

You read such sites to be up on what they are saying, and the strategies they use lately. Like faux news, you know they lie. You just want to be informed about what lies they are telling today.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:36 am

Original Quill wrote:
Cass wrote:

You read such sites to be up on what they are saying, and the strategies they use lately.  Like faux news, you know they lie.  You just want to be informed about what lies they are telling today.

Good strategy, I do the same. I get newsletters from Redstate and Newsmax e-mailed to me just so I'm ready for the next right-wing onslaught.

It occurs to me, that's a big difference between the right and left -- we stay informed about what they're talking about ... the right, not so much; they like to keep inside their own bubble.

It's one way we're more old-fashioned than they are -- we stick with this whole Enlightenment-style idea that being informed is a virtue; they've moved on (?) to the idea that you basically create the reality in which you feel happiest Smile http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/04/30/conservatives-demand-gop-stay-in-the-right-wing/199082
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:21 am

I've said this before and I firmly believe it to be true:

If you're too far right you're too hard
If you're too far left you're too soft
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:14 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You read such sites to be up on what they are saying, and the strategies they use lately.  Like faux news, you know they lie.  You just want to be informed about what lies they are telling today.

Good strategy, I do the same. I get newsletters from Redstate and Newsmax e-mailed to me just so I'm ready for the next right-wing onslaught.

It occurs to me, that's a big difference between the right and left -- we stay informed about what they're talking about ... the right, not so much; they like to keep inside their own bubble.

It's one way we're more old-fashioned than they are -- we stick with this whole Enlightenment-style idea that being informed is a virtue; they've moved on (?) to the idea that you basically create the reality in which you feel happiest Smile http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/04/30/conservatives-demand-gop-stay-in-the-right-wing/199082

The right-wing is a two-tier beast.  To be sure there is an elite at the top, which pays attention to everything.  These are the monied people, who keep trying to buy democracy and screw the little guy.  They have a single political purpose: selfishness.  They don't give a shit about the economy; lower taxes for them mean more wealth they can ship off-shore.

But beneath this tier there are the huge right-wing masses, who live in a milieu of slogans and half-finished thoughts...what I call political bowel urges.  They don't understand the intricacies of supply-side economics; they only understand that the same government that arrests you when you are drunk and disorderly, gets no taxes...and somehow that's a good thing.  As I say, bowel urges and half-completed ideas.  

In the US this has been exacerbated by incorporating the semi-literate, southern white-trash into the Republican Party. What is known as Lee Atwood's Southern Strategy.  The once 'adult-in-the-room' Republicans are now the seemingly inebriated Ted Cruz, or ditzoid Michele Bachmann...who want to close down governments, or oppose health care plans because they hear they provide for death panels.

To quote John Stuart Mill once again: "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant that stupid persons are generally Conservative."

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down