NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents of teenager 'tortured' and wrongfully executed for rape and murder watch in court as another man is convicted of the crime

3 posters

Go down

Parents of teenager 'tortured' and wrongfully executed for rape and murder watch in court as another man is convicted of the crime  Empty Parents of teenager 'tortured' and wrongfully executed for rape and murder watch in court as another man is convicted of the crime

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:47 pm

The parents of a teenager who was wrongly executed for murder and rape watched on in court today as another man was finally convicted of the crimes for which their son was killed.

Huugjilt, an 18-year-old man who like many Chinese Mongols went by a single name, was blamed for the 1996 death of a woman who was raped and killed in a public toilet after he discovered the body and reported it to the police.

He was executed just 61 days later – and only exonerated last December when China’s state media announced that the officer in charge of the case was to be charged with torture to coerce confession, dereliction of duty and taking bribes.

Huugjilt’s parents attended court in the Inner Mongolia region on Monday to hear Zhao Zhihong convicted and sentenced for a series of rapes and murders that included the 1996 charge.

According to the Xinhua News Agency, Zhao was found guilty of the murder of 10 people and the rape of 13 women and girls between April 1996 and July 2005, as well as separate crimes of robbery and theft.

Zhao was detained and confessed to the crimes in 2005 – yet it still took the authorities nine years to officially clear Huugjilt’s name. Zhao, 42, has himself now been sentenced to death.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/parents-of-teenager-tortured-and-wrongfully-executed-for-rape-and-murder-watch-in-court-as-another-man-is-convicted-of-the-crime-10033809.html

Horrible

Back to top Go down

Parents of teenager 'tortured' and wrongfully executed for rape and murder watch in court as another man is convicted of the crime  Empty Re: Parents of teenager 'tortured' and wrongfully executed for rape and murder watch in court as another man is convicted of the crime

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:54 pm

and EXACTLY why the death penalty should NEVER be re-instated....

Back to top Go down

Parents of teenager 'tortured' and wrongfully executed for rape and murder watch in court as another man is convicted of the crime  Empty Re: Parents of teenager 'tortured' and wrongfully executed for rape and murder watch in court as another man is convicted of the crime

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:32 pm

darknessss wrote:and EXACTLY why the death penalty should NEVER be re-instated....

+ 1 bazillion
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:08 am

Generally don't agree with Alan Jones But this is not the first time I find myself agreeing with him. Particularly the stuff about the AFP, we don't even honour requests to deport people if they are facing death penalty yet they rail-roaded these guys into a Indonesian firing squad

WITH controversial broadcaster Alan Jones on the panel, the producers were no doubt hoping for fireworks on ABC public forum show Q&A last night.

But an emotional question from a teary audience member unexpectedly managed to unite the panellists, and prompted Jones’s most fired-up response of the night.

Kavita Krishnan, who has been a friend of Bali Nine death-row inmate Myuran Sukumaran since she was 16, read out a statement on his behalf.

“I acknowledge more than anyone that I’ve made mistakes and that I’m not a perfect person, but I’ve learned a lot in prison and am grateful to the Indonesian justice system and to the prison guards for allowing me to achieve all that I have for myself and for the other prisoners,” Dr Krishnan read.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/the-question-that-had-jones-most-fired-up-on-qa/story-e6frfmyi-1227214100204
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:16 am

Not sure what I feel about the death penalty.
What if someone confesses to a horrible crime like rape of a child?
Surely then, we can kill the bastard?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:01 pm

eddie wrote:Not sure what I feel about the death penalty.

It's a categorical thing.  Once you admit to it for one thing, someone else will want it for another thing.

Two movie stars, a man and a beautiful woman, are waiting in the wings for their Oscars.  They are casually talking and the subject turns to prostitution.  Man: 'Would you sleep with me for $10-million'?  Woman: 'Well yeah...I mean, who wouldn't...that's a lot of money'.  Man: 'Would you sleep with me for $10?'  Woman (a bit put off): 'Are you kidding...what do you think I am!'  Man: 'We've already established that, now we're negotiating price.'

Likewise, once you decide you accept capital punishment for one thing, the rest is only haggling over price.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:10 pm

people still give false confession under police duress and sometimes just cause they are uneducated or have mental health issues.  Neutral 
Plus... why? it doesn't actually fix anything any more than locking them n a cell the rest of their life. it doesn't undo what is done.
And.. it is "thin end of the wedge stuff"  Wink .. if we say Ok execute peados then it gets pushed to murders and rapists and before you know it you're sending drug mules to the firing squad. plus any other crime future politicians and/or media decide to say is the end of the world. we tried this before and rich people were having servants hanged because they misplaced the silverware  Evil or Very Mad it is simply a safety net against abuse of power to lock them up for the rest of the life instead of ending it... like they say you can release someone if there is a miscarriage of justice but you cant bring them back from the dead.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:00 pm

Original Quill wrote:

It's a categorical thing.  Once you admit to it for one thing, someone else will want it for another thing.

Two movie stars, a man and a beautiful woman, are waiting in the wings for their Oscars.  They are casually talking and the subject turns to prostitution.  Man: 'Would you sleep with me for $10-million'?  Woman: 'Well yeah...I mean, who wouldn't...that's a lot of money'.  Man: 'Would you sleep with me for $10?'  Woman (a bit put off): 'Are you kidding...what do you think I am!'  Man: 'We've already established that, now we're negotiating price.'

Likewise, once you decide you accept capital punishment for one thing, the rest is only haggling over price.

Oooh. I like that!
I get you Wink
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:02 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

people still give false confession under police duress and sometimes just cause they are uneducated or have mental health issues.  Neutral 
Plus... why? it doesn't actually fix anything any more than locking them n a cell the rest of their life. it doesn't undo what is done.
And.. it is "thin end of the wedge stuff"  Wink .. if we say Ok execute peados then it gets pushed to murders and rapists and before you know it you're sending drug mules to the firing squad. plus any other crime future politicians and/or media decide to say is the end of the world. we tried this before and rich people were having servants hanged because they misplaced the silverware  Evil or Very Mad it is simply a safety net against abuse of power to lock them up for the rest of the life instead of ending it... like they say you can release someone if there is a miscarriage of justice but you cant bring them back from the dead.

Yeah, I get that.
Just hate feeding and giving those paedo shits a place to live.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down