NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ebola...what I feared but hoped wouldnt happen.......

Go down

ebola...what I feared but hoped wouldnt happen....... Empty ebola...what I feared but hoped wouldnt happen.......

Post by Guest Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:21 pm

By Thomas Moore, Health and Science Correspondent

Scientists have confirmed that the Ebola virus is mutating - and could become more contagious.

Researchers at the Institute Pasteur in France say they have detected substantial changes to the genetic code of the virus.

Although they don't yet know what effect that will have on the epidemic, they fear the virus could spread from person to person more easily.

In previous Ebola outbreaks, the virus has only infected a few dozen people and died out within weeks.

But the current prolonged epidemic has given the virus time to pass through many more generations, in many more people, giving it greater opportunity to evolve.

From:- http://news.sky.com/story/1417240/mutating-ebola-could-become-more-contagious

This could be a game changer...the vaccines are still giving poor results

Time perhaps NOW to consider entry restrictions........

granted the chances of it getting loose and wreaking the kind of havoc we have seen abroad is still slim, but the odds have just gone the wrong way.....

Back to top Go down

ebola...what I feared but hoped wouldnt happen....... Empty Re: ebola...what I feared but hoped wouldnt happen.......

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:18 am

I can think of nothing that reeks more of "big government" than telling people who pose no threat that they can't live peacefully on a certain chunk of land.

If we really want to protect the global population from ebola, we need to be flooding the stricken countries with capable physicians and other personnel who can help minimize the spread.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down