NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Fox News viewers STILL think the U.S. found WMDs in Iraq

3 posters

Go down

Most Fox News viewers STILL think the U.S. found WMDs in Iraq Empty Most Fox News viewers STILL think the U.S. found WMDs in Iraq

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:43 am

I mean ... fuck.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/01/15/fox-news-viewers-and-conservatives-were-asked-a-question-their-answer-made-me-sad-for-america-video/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Most Fox News viewers STILL think the U.S. found WMDs in Iraq Empty Re: Most Fox News viewers STILL think the U.S. found WMDs in Iraq

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:28 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Laughing   THIS IS THE same classic Murdoch News Ltd approach to flooding their news services with party-propaganda 'puff pieces' and outright lies to support and underwrite "their side's" ongoing crapfests...

Same as has been seen over here the last few years ~ where the combined efforts of the Daily Telegraph [Sydney], Herald Sun [Melbourne], Australian [National], and the Channel Nine and Ten TV networks, have been used to boost the Liberal Party' position and exaggerate  and reinforce the lies they use to excuse their favours towards millionaire friends and foreign-corporation benefactors..

PUTTING the Liberal-National coalition into office here on the basis of outright lies, mis-represented economic data, falsely claiming that the country's relatively small debts were worse than they are.   Suspect

"Pull pieces."  Very good, I'll have to remember that term.  Because it is apt.  Republicans and Conservatives lie, and that is because they don't give a wit about democracy, and thus their mission is to 'trick' the public.  One way to lie is to bootstrap it: plant a wild story in an unorthodox press--Bigfoot votes Democrat--where you can get away with anything.  The next day you not only quote it, but abstract it: "I recently read that Democrats are mostly large, hairy beasts, who live off the pickin's they find in the dirt."  The next day you turn philosophical: "It's been reported in the press that Democrats tend to lower the quality of life."

But I digress.  When people say they believe WMDs were found in Iraq, do you believe them?  I mean, do you believe them?  Do you believe that they believe that?  No, they don't believe that.  They just report that they believe it.

The fact is that people are sophisticated enough to realize that what they say may be construed, not just as a statement of fact, but a reflection of political mood.  A right-wing looney doesn't really believe there are WMDs that were found in Iraq, but nor does he want to admit that Republicans and Conservatives were open-faced liars.  So he says it's still true, and comes up with some cockamaimy story about how the WMDs were all trucked to Syria.  He doesn't really believe that, he is just posturing himself for political purspses.  The fact is that statements mean many things, not always associated with fact.  Learn to think in terms of Speech Acts.  Speech is used for many things other than the reporting of facts.

This is the very reason why you should read polls with a jaundiced eye.  People know they are answering poll questions; people want to do more that become data for purposes of others; people want to influence the outcome.  What better way than to perform a speech act that affects the outcome, even if it doesn't reflect the truth?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Most Fox News viewers STILL think the U.S. found WMDs in Iraq Empty Re: Most Fox News viewers STILL think the U.S. found WMDs in Iraq

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down