NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Human Rights Act myths

+2
nicko
Irn Bru
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Human Rights Act myths Empty Human Rights Act myths

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:07 pm

Appears some people don't understand this and the fact that the UK is also a signatory under the ECHR and international human rights law and the United Nations charter of which we are a permanent members of the Security Council,and a founder member. Leaving the ECHR would also mean having to withdraw from these organisations and the roles we play meaning our country would be isolated and marginalised in the civilized world.

People should be careful what they wish for.

The myths

https://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/human-rights/what-are-human-rights/human-rights-act/human-rights-act-myths
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Human Rights Act myths Empty Re: Human Rights Act myths

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Appears some people don't understand this and the fact that the UK is also a signatory under the ECHR and international human rights law and the United Nations charter of which we are a  permanent members of the Security Council,and a founder member. Leaving the ECHR would also mean having to withdraw from these organisations and the roles we play meaning our country would be isolated and marginalised in the civilized world.

The myths

https://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/human-rights/what-are-human-rights/human-rights-act/human-rights-act-myths
rubbish...utter tosh...
more "liberal non sense"

The usa is NOT a signatory to the ehcr....and yet is member of those bodies...

we could just as well write OUR own bill of rights and responsibilities and as long as it is in conformance with INTERNATIONAL LAW it does not have to be the terrorist protecting, criminal cuddling, lawyer feeding political game we are at present stuck with

christ...i wish all these EU snoggers would grow up and WAKE up...

the sky WONT fall on our heads if we leave

you are like the chief of the gauls in asterix......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Appears some people don't understand this and the fact that the UK is also a signatory under the ECHR and international human rights law and the United Nations charter of which we are a  permanent members of the Security Council,and a founder member. Leaving the ECHR would also mean having to withdraw from these organisations and the roles we play meaning our country would be isolated and marginalised in the civilized world.

The myths

This is very true Irn

We would no longer be a part of this system, which was very much the brainchild of Churchill I believe.
Clearly some posters here do not believe in human rights.
Not sure why mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Churchill did support Human Rights, but not as they are now!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:26 pm

nicko wrote:Churchill did support Human Rights,  but not as they are now!

Pfft, what's wrong with them now?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:50 pm

unfit for purpose
place criminals rights above those of victims
allow the likes of "hook hand" to outstay his welcome
removes "punishment" from sentencing and replaces it with so called "rehabilitation" which clearly doesnt work

has resulted in the absurd situation where...when you get elderly in britain your best choice is actually prison rather than a "nursing home"

is used as an excues by liberals and lefties to allow the grossest of HR violations by proven worthless individuals to go largely unpunished

case in point

why the f**k should prisoners be allowed to vote.... AND more importantly why was this EVER brought before the courts at a huge cost???

what part of "you are useless to society and thus banned from it for a period of time" do these cretins fail to see....

I could go on and on and on.....

The human UDHR made in 1948 was sufficient and required little changing....why has it grown into the moster it is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:58 pm

There's an old parable in Zen Buddhism about a hungry man who sees a rabbit run into a stump, accidentally breaking its neck and killing itself. The man cooks the rabbit, and then begins to spend his days waiting near the stump for another rabbit to kill itself.

If I recall correctly, the man is near starvation after weeks of this, when the Buddha appears to him and says, "You stupid motherfucker."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:10 pm

What part of

The human UDHR made in 1948 was sufficient and required little changing....why has it grown into the moster it is?

can you not comprehend

what part of mission creep is beyond you?

what part of the fact that the 1948 act didnt forsee asholes like hook hand...whom YOU lot can now gladly pay to keep......

and go on then ...why SHOULD prisoners be able to vote....give me ONE good reason....

IMPRISONMENT is "social isolation" as punishment and protection for the public

if you are temporarily at least "banned from " society...why should you be able to partake of its benefits???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Why are some so against human rights.
This really is an oddity to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi Victor by the way, good to see you back.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:33 pm

darknessss wrote:What part of

can you not comprehend

The word (?) "moster"

and go on then ...why SHOULD prisoners be able to vote....give me ONE good reason....

if you are temporarily at least "banned from " society...why should you be able to partake of its benefits???

Voting isn't a benefit, it's a right that probably should not be taken away from anyone but a violent criminal. And I doubt you need to worry about its practical effect on elections -- at least not until someone forms the Abolish All Laws And Let All the Prisoners Go Party (AALALAPGP)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:55 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
darknessss wrote:What part of

can you not comprehend

The word (?) "moster"

Voting isn't a benefit, it's a right that probably should not be taken away from anyone but a violent criminal. And I doubt you need to worry about its practical effect on elections -- at least not until someone forms the Abolish All Laws And Let All the Prisoners Go Party (AALALAPGP)

so is "family life"....erm...scuse me....why not just let em go free?
but thats not the only issue...

and I'm NOT against "human rights." I'm against the inexorable creep towards removing all deterance to crime.
after all regardless of the actual wording and the fact that only "states" can be held culpable of "human rights abuses, which is a legal convenience
If the shit head burglar breaks into my house and steals
then he is guilty of abriogating at least 2 of MY human rights...
if he also attempts to assault me he is guilty of more

theft breaches

article 12 of the 1948 act
"No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

article 17 of the 1948 act
"
(1) Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others.
(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property."

and If he assaults me he breaches

article 3 of the 1948 act

"
Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person."

and whilst I quote from the 1948 act of course, these provisions are fully continued (though maybe under differnt article numbering) in all susequent acts....

YET my "human rights" are discarded instantly

focus is on the criminal ...not the victim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:56 pm

Brasidas wrote:Hi Victor by the way, good to see you back.

Laughing

really?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:09 pm

darknessss wrote:
Brasidas wrote:Hi Victor by the way, good to see you back.

Laughing

really?

Your writing and views give you away.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:11 pm

yeah right...last night you reconed i was smelly.....

come off it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:14 pm

so make up your mind

am i

A) smelly

B)victor
OR

C) ?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:15 pm

darknessss wrote:so make up your mind

am i

A) smelly

B)victor
OR

C) ?????

Victor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Punishment is a deterrent to crime since when?

People who commit crimes generally either think they'll be part of the majority of criminals who go unpunished: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9415793/Police-fail-to-solve-three-in-four-crimes.html

... or they simply don't think that far ahead, committing the crime because they see no other option.

The idea of a person saying, "Damn, I'd love to boost that car but then I'd probably be caught and sent to prison" is kind of laughable, if you think about it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:22 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Punishment is a deterrent to crime since when?

People who commit crimes generally either think they'll be part of the majority of criminals who go unpunished: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9415793/Police-fail-to-solve-three-in-four-crimes.html

... or they simply don't think that far ahead, committing the crime because they see no other option.

The idea of a person saying, "Damn, I'd love to boost that car but then I'd probably be caught and sent to prison" is kind of laughable, if you think about it.

maybe for a "first offender", but if prison was sufficiently a place of despairing and unremitting horror (immagine something suitably Dantean) there might be a considerable reduction in the number of repeat offenders... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:00 pm

darknessss wrote:

maybe for a "first offender", but if prison was sufficiently a place of despairing and unremitting horror (immagine something suitably Dantean) there might be a considerable reduction in the number of repeat offenders... Twisted Evil

or increase in Cop killers Suspect

If we are talking murders rapist and legit bad people fine but when you start talking drug users, petty thieves and crimes of social inconvenience (like graffiti or discrimination) you have to be more reasonable. part of the problem may be our system is too broad and complex and tries to micro manage people too much (maybe Suspect people are pretty stupid)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:02 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
darknessss wrote:

If we are talking murders rapist and legit bad people fine but when you start talking drug users, petty thieves and crimes of social inconvenience (like graffiti or discrimination) you have to be more reasonable. part of the problem may be our system is too broad and complex and tries to micro manage people too much (maybe Suspect  people are pretty stupid)

In which case give ME the right to FULLY uphold MY rights...and kick seven bells of shit outta the pathetic scumbag

you know...kinda....you break into MY house and I'm going to bend a 3 foot length of iron pipe over your anencephalous dome....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:04 pm

darknessss wrote:

It is just that in the U.S., and prison's even worse in many third-world countries that also have astronomic crime rates. It doesn't work.

In fact, many people who get long prison sentences in the U.S. just come out worse criminals than they were when they went in.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:04 pm

darknessss wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
darknessss wrote:

If we are talking murders rapist and legit bad people fine but when you start talking drug users, petty thieves and crimes of social inconvenience (like graffiti or discrimination) you have to be more reasonable. part of the problem may be our system is too broad and complex and tries to micro manage people too much (maybe Suspect  people are pretty stupid)

In which case give ME the right to FULLY uphold MY rights...and kick seven bells of shit outta the pathetic scumbag

you know...kinda....you break into MY house and I'm going to bend a 3 foot length of iron pipe over your anencephalous dome....

What, in the UK are you forced to make home invaders tea or something?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
darknessss wrote:

It is just that in the U.S., and prison's even worse in many third-world countries that also have astronomic crime rates. It doesn't work.

In fact, many people who get long prison sentences in the U.S. just come out worse criminals than they were when they went in.

well rehab dont work either.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
darknessss wrote:

make em tea...give em your wife for the night....and then "donate em your telly"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:11 pm

in actual point of fact and sarcasm aside there have now been a few cases where would be burglars have been stabbed....and the homeowner found not culpable ...

BUT its rare and very contrived....

you have to be able to show beyond ALL doubt that you were in personal danger...including you are expected to leave the house via whatever means.
NOT that you had "reason to believe"

your first recourse MUST be to "retreat"

BULLSHIT i say

anyone entering your property at any time (without due cause..ie police/first reponders) and without giving fair warning..(concerned neighbour) should not expect ANY mercy...

a bash on the bonce with betsy ...sorted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:38 pm

You are confusing blood sucking lawyers out to make money Victor with human rights, where they are out to make a buck on a technicality and in fact make a mockery of human rights.
Do not blame the ECHR for that, but money grabbing lawyers

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:45 pm

you do have a point Darkness

I personally believe that you should be allowed to defend you property and you should not be required to retreat...
Human Rights Act myths 2418298

but if they retreat or cease to be a threat (cause you bashed on the head etc) you have to stop. none of this they are trying to steal my telly so now I get to kill them even once they have surrendered. several example from the USA where the 'invader' was unarmed and even begging for their life and the home owner has taken it upon themselves to be judge jury and executioner. (let alone the dumb buggers that shoot their own kids when they try and sneak home late etc)
which brings the other point, the threat has to be identified (to stop idiots killing their own families etc) the perception of threat is not enough the threat has to be real, you decide to take violent action with out properly identifying the threat and it turns out to 'not be a threat' you should face the consequence for for your violence.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:47 pm

Brasidas wrote:You are confusing blood sucking lawyers out to make money Victor with human rights, where they are out to make a buck on a technicality and in fact make a mockery of human rights.
Do not blame the ECHR for that, but money grabbing lawyers

its more than that though its judges out to play politics too...they dont HAVE to accept the lawers fatuous "technicalities" such things ONLY have a life in law if the "ruling body" i.e judges allow it....

AND the "euro judges" are out to screw us over.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:51 pm

veya_victaous wrote:you do have a point Darkness

I personally believe that you should be allowed to defend you property and you should not be required to retreat...
Human Rights Act myths 2418298

but if they retreat or cease to be a threat (cause you bashed on the head etc) you have to stop. none of this they are trying to steal my telly so now I get to kill them even once they have surrendered. several example from the USA where the 'invader' was unarmed and even begging for their life and the home owner has taken it upon themselves to be judge jury and executioner. (let alone the dumb buggers that shoot their own kids when they try and sneak home late etc)
which brings the other point, the threat has to be identified (to stop idiots killing their own families etc) the perception of threat is not enough the threat has to be real, you decide to take violent action with out properly identifying the threat and it turns out to 'not be a threat' you should face the consequence for for your violence.
quite ..clearly identify the target

however the level of threat is what is at question...

any intruder (of the illegal sort ) should be automatically "deadly threat"

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:22 pm

in reality most illegal home invaders are trying to steal non specific goods of value. thus when confronted with 'Considerable defence' will retreat or surrender.
it is all in balance really, If you call them out tell them you are armed and to surrender and they attack, the consequences are on them (including death) if they run well you can make attempts to detain them but those attempts should not include 'probable deadly force'

On the Judges, remember Most judges are ex-lawyers "top of the profession". they are party to the same scam. it isn't that the ideals are wrong it is that there is profit to be made by having a convoluted and overly complex system. the entire industry exists to maintain the lawyers existence, it creates the need and sell the solution. Really mass education and literacy should have render lawyers obsolete, to stop it lawyers and judges got together and decide that sometimes they would use words that have a meaning and give them a slightly more specific meaning, i.e. Jargon. a lawyers only purpose is to translate legal Jargon and legal Jargon serves no purpose.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:27 pm

veya_victaous wrote:in reality most illegal home invaders are trying to steal non specific goods of value. thus when confronted with 'Considerable defence' will retreat or surrender.
it is all in balance really, If you call them out tell them you are armed and to surrender and they attack, the consequences are on them (including death) if they run well you can make attempts to detain them but those attempts should not include 'probable deadly force'

sorry...no "calling out" or option to surrender or warning of being armed.....Just "WHACK" with no warning out of the dark.....
they have zero right to be there and are abrogating my human rights...ergo they lose theirs.....I have reasonable cause to presume "deadly intent"...

On the Judges, remember Most judges are ex-lawyers "top of the profession". they are party to the same scam. it isn't that the ideals are wrong it is that there is profit to be made by having a convoluted and overly complex system. the entire industry exists to maintain the lawyers existence, it creates the need and sell the solution. Really mass education and literacy should have render lawyers obsolete, to stop it lawyers and judges got together and decide that sometimes they would use words that have a meaning and give them a slightly more specific meaning, i.e. Jargon. a lawyers only purpose is to translate legal Jargon and legal Jargon serves no purpose.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:32 am

Actually they may well have the legal right, it is not trespass unless they have intentions of illegal activity.
To what extent to you include Property? in you bedroom it is fair assumption of illegal activity.
but what if you property is the only one for miles and you back on to a national park? people may be legitimately lost.
people are allowed to enter you property to ask for assistance.

even in suburbia just the act of entering your property is not a crime. opening a door uninvited{even if unlocked} is generally considered the threshold for assumption of innocence, if the door is unlocked and the person entering clearly announces their presence there is again an assumption of innocence.

Example from the USA
Prosecutors did not dispute McBride’s intoxication. McBride’s friend did testify that they engaged in social drinking earlier that night, and her blood alcohol level was tested at .218 — three times the legal level. But testimony also corroborates that Wafer fired the deadly gunshots in response to nothing other than McBride’s knocking at the front door after an apparent car accident. He never spoke to her. He never heard her say a word. He says he didn’t even see what she looked like. Prosecutor Athina Siringas said McBride had “the misfortune to walk on Wafer’s porch.”
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/08/07/3468759/homeowner-who-shot-dead-a-girl-on-his-porch-found-guilty-of-murder/

Quite simply IF you don't you probably haven't adequately determined the threat Neutral
sure there are circumstances where you have been able to determine the threat with out calling out but in real life not movies/daydreams they are the minority of situations. most Burglaries happen while people are away and thus not there anyway.

and there is actually something very 'anti-social' about the desire to use deadly force when not necessary, just because there is an allowance in the law for it. A quite reasonable argument can be made that these individuals constitute a similar threat to society. Personally I dislike the idea of 'intentionally killing the invader' because it is people like that bring the whole 'castle defence' idea into question (and thus If I accidentally killed the invader cause me issue). If they didn't exist we could fairly say defend you property with minimal legal repercussions, but when individuals are looking for an excuse to Kill you cant because they identify anything as a deadly threat simply so they can use maximum force rather than the force required.

A homeowner said he shot a 14-year-old boy because he thought the teen was trying to break into his house. But police said the teen was unarmed and did not pose an "imminent threat" when he was shot early Friday and have charged the owner with attempted second-degree murder.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/07/marigny_homeowner_shooting.html
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:54 am

darknessss wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
darknessss wrote:

make em tea...give em your wife for the night....and then "donate em your telly"

Sorry, I read up on the issue (bad news for your side) and yeah, you do have the right to defend your home, even in the UK ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:58 am

By the way? You don't want to go the other way. There was a guy in Texas who was exonerated by a jury for killing a guy he saw making off with another man's barbecue grill. Many on the right called him a hero. He has said himself that he doesn't feel like a hero for killing another person over property, and that if he could change history he wouldn't have done it.

A lot of right-wingers are that way. Things sound good to them in theory but then when big bad life bites them on the ass, they change their ways.

Ironic, as a lot of people try to paint left-wing views as idealism. Sorry, but in a lot of cases they were forged by people who have actually experienced the things right-wingers only know about from movies.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:53 am

darknessss wrote:

The myths

rubbish...utter tosh...
more "liberal non sense"

The usa is NOT a signatory to the ehcr....and yet is member of those bodies...

we could just as well write OUR own bill of rights and responsibilities and as long as it is in conformance with INTERNATIONAL LAW it does not have to be the terrorist protecting, criminal cuddling, lawyer feeding political game we are at present stuck with

christ...i wish all these EU snoggers would grow  up and WAKE up...

the sky WONT fall on our heads if we leave

you are like the chief of the gauls in asterix......

If a British Bill of Rights was in conformance with International Law it would almost certainly include most of what is in the ECHR and the UN Charter on human rights. Read the UN Charter Articles 5, 6 and 7 on deportation for examples.

The Human Rights Act makes it possible for the British judiciary to rule on human rights without people having to go through the European court for judgements.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
darknessss wrote:

Sorry, I read up on the issue (bad news for your side) and yeah, you do have the right to defend your home, even in the UK ...

nope...you have the right to defend "your person". As far as the home is concerned you can only use "reasonable force" and THEN only after asking them nicely to leave....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:00 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Actually they may well have the legal right, it is not trespass unless they have intentions of illegal activity.
To what extent to you include Property? in you bedroom it is fair assumption of illegal activity.
but what if you property is the only one for miles and you back on to a national park? people may be legitimately lost.
people are allowed to enter you property to ask for assistance.

do you actually read posts properly before answering??..But again Perhaps i wasnt specific "defensible property" is considered your home (only) personally i think it shopuld include the garage and outbuildings too.

even in suburbia just the act of entering your property is not a crime. opening a door uninvited{even if unlocked} is generally considered the threshold for assumption of innocence, if the door is unlocked and the person entering clearly announces their presence there is again an assumption of innocence. what I said...

Example from the USA
Prosecutors did not dispute McBride’s intoxication. McBride’s friend did testify that they engaged in social drinking earlier that night, and her blood alcohol level was tested at .218 — three times the legal level. But testimony also corroborates that Wafer fired the deadly gunshots in response to nothing other than McBride’s knocking at the front door after an apparent car accident. He never spoke to her. He never heard her say a word. He says he didn’t even see what she looked like. Prosecutor Athina Siringas said McBride had “the misfortune to walk on Wafer’s porch.”
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/08/07/3468759/homeowner-who-shot-dead-a-girl-on-his-porch-found-guilty-of-murder/

Quite simply IF you don't you probably haven't adequately determined the threat Neutral
sure there are circumstances where you have been able to determine the threat with out calling out but in real life not movies/daydreams they are the minority of situations. most Burglaries happen while people are away and thus not there anyway.

and there is actually something very 'anti-social' about the desire to use deadly force when not necessary,

just like the antisocial theft and inevitable destruction that goes with it...eh?
just like the greedy liberalist left to invent a system whereby full on defence of property is not allowed, and you have to pay "protection money" to their fat friends (isurers)  Rolling Eyes

just because there is an allowance in the law for it. A quite reasonable argument can be made that these individuals constitute a similar threat to society. Personally I dislike the idea of 'intentionally killing the invader' because it is people like that bring the whole 'castle defence' idea into question (and thus If I accidentally killed the invader cause me issue). If they didn't exist we could fairly say defend you property with minimal legal repercussions, but when individuals are looking for an excuse to Kill you cant because they identify anything as a deadly threat simply so they can use maximum force rather than the force required.  

A homeowner said he shot a 14-year-old boy because he thought the teen was trying to break into his house. But police said the teen was unarmed and did not pose an "imminent threat" when he was shot early Friday and have charged the owner with attempted second-degree murder.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/07/marigny_homeowner_shooting.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:56 pm

darknessss wrote:unfit for purpose
place criminals rights above those of victims
allow the likes of "hook hand" to outstay his welcome
removes "punishment" from sentencing and replaces it with so called "rehabilitation" which clearly doesnt work

has resulted in the absurd situation where...when you get elderly in britain your best choice is actually prison rather than a "nursing home"

is used as an excues by liberals and lefties to allow the grossest of HR violations by proven worthless individuals to go largely unpunished

case in point

why the f**k should prisoners be allowed to vote.... AND more importantly why was this EVER brought before the courts at a huge cost???

what part of "you are useless to society and thus banned from it for a period of time" do these cretins fail to see....

I could go on and on and on.....

Sounds like a wish-list of everything you want, but nothing anyone else wants. Who made you Emperor? Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:38 am

That is what it boils down to Quill.
What Victor eludes to tell you is ECHR rulings are down to the interpretation of British Judges as they always have been and in fact have had hardly any cases gone to the ECHR that have been overturned. What is evident is also rulings are ignored, case in point the right for prisoners to vote, Britain ignores this. Not only this other nations ignore in regards to deporting people as we can do ourselves, at best all the ECHR can do is attempt to fine the nation. It is nothing more than people exaggerating something out of all proportions, where they do not seek to bring about making the system better but use as an excuse to instigate polices which would no doubt go against human rights based on the views of perception of people and where do you draw the line on this?

Muslims not liked for example, deny them equal rights, homosexuals not liked, deny them human rights, homeless not like, deny them human rights. IF people do not believe me, look at how a media can portray and group, which as seen can bring about measures onto them based off how people react.
The fact is more than anything Britain is very compliant to the ECHR and the ECHR has worked very well, people think they understand rights better than others based on how they view we should treat people showing they have no conception at all of rights, but wsih to deny them based off dislike

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:24 pm

Brasidas wrote:Why are some so against human rights.

Well YOU clearly are ...when it suits you

funny how "elastic some peoples views can bein an effort to bend over for the govt to shag em)

YOU would be happy to give up article 8.....for a start.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:38 pm

darknessss wrote:
Brasidas wrote:Why are some so against human rights.

funny how "elastic some peoples views can bein an effort to bend over for the govt to shag em)

Well I am very much for human rights.
Do I view conversations you have with people, where what you say has no bearing on the country? Does the person who may have listened to this be denying you the right to a private life?
Whether use the mobile or email etc, you are using the facilities of companies that makes it possible for you to communicate. There is nothing to stop them listening in on your calls. The fact is you are using something that is publicly used and shared. You do not own the facilities either or the communication links. Which means you have no validity to claim article 8. When you use this facility you go into their domain and as long as they do not pas on what they can listen into, there is little you can do or even know about. Thus if they already can do so and the secret service needs to listen in on calls, which again it has done for years as the Government has overall control the land these systems are used on. They thus make it possible for you to communicate this way and when you use their service you have to expect to comply with heir policies. If not then you will have to communicate to others long distant another way.

So I very much back human rights, but you cease to have privacy rights when you are using someone Else's facilities to communicate. You choose to communicate knowing that can be listened into, you thus forfeit your right to privacy.
Also you are not covered in this regard on article 8 anyway:

There shall be no interference by a public authority with the exercise of this right except such as is in accordance with the law and is necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national security, public safety or the economic well-being of the country, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:31 pm

Brasidas wrote:
darknessss wrote:

Well I am very much for human rights.
Do I view conversations you have with people, where what you say has no bearing on the country? Does the person who may have listened to this be denying you the right to a private life?
Whether use the mobile or email etc, you are using the facilities of companies that makes it possible for you to communicate. There is nothing to stop them listening in on your calls.

Except they use 128 bit encryption and do NOT have the key....the services involved do not keep copies of the keys used to generate the encryption that is a matter between the computers....what the govt wants is that the services KEEP the keys....

The fact is you are using something that is publicly used and shared.

That does NOT preclude the reasonable expectation of privacy

You do not own the facilities either or the communication links. Which means you have no validity to claim article 8. When you use this facility you go into their (who's?) domain and as long as they do not pas on what they can listen into, (and WHAT....exactly makes you think they WONT pass it on for profit) there is little you can do or even know about. Thus if they already can do so and the secret service needs to listen in on calls, which again it has done for years as the Government has overall control the land these systems are used on. They (who? the govt does F**k all to "make it possible) thus make it possible for you to communicate this way and when you use their (who's service????) service you have to expect to comply with heir policies. If not then you will have to communicate to others long distant another way.

So I very much back human rights, but you cease to have privacy rights when you are using someone Else's facilities to communicate. (so you are saying therefor that hence forth post is no longer private ?) You choose to communicate knowing that can be listened into, you thus forfeit your right to privacy. (however that should not prevent me from attempting to obsucre the message if I so wish)
Also you are not covered in this regard on article 8 anyway:

There shall be no interference by a public authority with the exercise of this right except such as is in accordance with the law and is necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national security, public safety or the economic well-being of the country, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

however if thats the case then you have NON of the other rights either (except perhaps the right to life) since all the others ALSO carry such "derrogations"

As I have said before...there ARE NO SUCH THINGS AS "RIGHTS" merely "concessions" granted by those in power....

quite frankly didge you would agree to bend over and get shafted if your masters dictated it....

is the proposed action propotionate NO
is it likely to be effective NO
is its cost/benefit (and not merely financial cost) positive NO

wait till the "big boys" work out the implications...and people take "their business elsewhere" becasue of the potential risks to their business....or will we see the good old divide ...one set of rules for "us " and one for "them"?

what about banking security?

what makes you think GCHQ is impenatrable to hackers

what about all other security issues...

like govt people losing and spreading data even accidentally????? like HAS happened.....

how long efore say medical details are "sold" to insurance companies????

etc etc etc ///

the thin end of a lon and slippery wedge....

oh and do you want a prediction?????

IF cameron doesnt get his way there WILL be a terrorist atrocity.......
there might even be one to make sure he gets his way...............

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:44 pm

Really shows you have no idea, thinking where you actively use something, you forfeit your privacy rights, let alone I am not going to go around in circles just because you sometimes struggle with concepts.
I do not bend over to anything, I follow and abide by the law.
I look at what is reasonable, which national security is, where it helps prevent loss of life.
There is nothing in your reply other than someone who thinks that even though he lives with the boundaries of England, his selfish views apply more. Your out weighed in needs of others.
64 million of them to be precise, where actions that lead to preventing the loss of life will superseded your privacy views. Nobody has said you do not have a right to privacy, everyone does, even though anyone who wants to hide things, generally has something to hide. You have privacy, accept where there a greater need than your privacy to do so. I know that my needs to not outweigh the needs of many others.
Not going to get drawn into another slagging match

All the best

Have a good evening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Brasidas wrote:Really shows you have no idea, thinking where you actively use something, you forfeit your privacy rights, let alone I am not going to go around in circles just because you sometimes struggle with concepts.
I do not bend over to anything, I follow and abide by the law. we are not talking about following the law...we are talking about restrictive and unnecessary laws that do nothing for the problem they are supposed to be helping, and can only be used for bad purposes...like "spying" on the press to obtain sources which is going to have a "chilling" effect on whistle blowers
I look at what is reasonable, which national security is, where it helps prevent loss of life.
There is nothing in your reply other than someone who thinks that even though he lives with the boundaries of England, his selfish views apply more. Your out weighed in needs of others.
64 million of them to be precise, where actions that lead to preventing the loss of life will superseded your privacy views. Nobody has said you do not have a right to privacy, everyone does, even though anyone who wants to hide things, generally has something to hide. You have privacy, accept where there a greater need  (who's need ?) than your privacy to do so.
Not going to get drawn into another slagging match

All the best

Have a good evening

I refer you to "Rotaru v. Romania (2000) Public information that is systematically collected and stored in files held by a state or its agents falls withtin the scope of private life.[1]"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:19 pm

the foot note {1} referred to reads

" Rotaru v. Romania (2000) ECHR 28341/95, paras. 43-44: "Moreover, public information can fall within the scope of private life where it is systematically collected and stored in files held by the authorities. That is all the truer where such information concerns a person's distant past…In the Court's opinion, such information, when systematically collected and stored in a file held by agents of the State, falls within the scope of 'private life' for the purposes of Article 8(1) of the Convention."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:15 am

That is silly Victor being as, you do realise that the EU has recognized when it does get things wrong. All you are doing is showing human failings at times. The fact is as seen you can correct mistakes and again you are not losing any freedoms even more so when you actively use something you do not control yourself. You then surrendering your privacy to a system which cannot grantee that others might try and listen into your conversations.

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2014/dec/17/britain-withdraw-human-rights-convention

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:33 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:.......................

A lot of right-wingers are that way. Things sound good to them in theory but then when big bad life bites them on the ass, they change their ways.

Ironic, as a lot of people try to paint left-wing views as idealism. Sorry, but in a lot of cases they were forged by people who have actually experienced the things right-wingers only know about from movies.

cheers

GOOD Points, well put...

Arrow

No, no...the left-winger is very pragmatic. S/he is like a mechanic or engineer, tinkering with things, trying to fix it.

It's the right-winger who lives in The Matrix, believing that 400-year old economic theories still work. If it doesn't work, the right-winger says it can't be done. Conservatives are afraid to fix things. That's what the word 'conservative' means...leave it alone.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next