NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Ingenious Machine Turns Feces Into Drinking Water

2 posters

Go down

This Ingenious Machine Turns Feces Into Drinking Water Empty This Ingenious Machine Turns Feces Into Drinking Water

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:07 pm

I watched the piles of feces go up the conveyer belt and drop into a large bin. They made their way through the machine, getting boiled and treated. A few minutes later I took a long taste of the end result: a glass of delicious drinking water.
The occasion was a tour of a facility that burns human waste and produces water and electricity (plus a little ash). I have visited lots of similar sites, like power plants and paper mills, so when I heard about this one—it’s part of the Gates Foundation’s effort to improve sanitation in poor countries—I was eager to check it out.
The water tasted as good as any I’ve had out of a bottle. And having studied the engineering behind it, I would happily drink it every day. It’s that safe.

http://www.gatesnotes.com/Development/Omniprocessor-From-Poop-to-Potable

This Ingenious Machine Turns Feces Into Drinking Water 1191311443

Back to top Go down

This Ingenious Machine Turns Feces Into Drinking Water Empty Re: This Ingenious Machine Turns Feces Into Drinking Water

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:42 pm

advertising hype or what
having been processed to hell and judging by its source (faeces) it is likely that the water will effectively be distilled water.

distilled water is, by its very nature utterly devoid of taste..so how can it be "delicious"

Back to top Go down

This Ingenious Machine Turns Feces Into Drinking Water Empty Re: This Ingenious Machine Turns Feces Into Drinking Water

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:49 pm

How do you figure that based off no evidence and just an assumption?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:58 pm

go think about it....

its not difficult you know

boil the faeces...collect the water that comes off as steam

(thats distilled water)

re boil it (for purity)
and finally add a bit of chloramine T or silver colloid to ensure sterility....

I dont need to collect 6 A4 dossiers of evidence before commenting on something as basic science as this.

jeepers I do something like this when I go to my other abode away from so called civilisation...

filter...boil ....collect steam.....add silver colloid...

pure (but tasteless) drinking water Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:02 pm

Assumption again.
Do you know how they have done this?

No, you are again just assuming, based off your own views.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:13 pm

well lets just say....simplicity and economics.....
any other way would be less economical and "guilding the lily"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:22 pm

Again unless you have seen the workings of this, it is a tad premature to say what it can do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:35 pm

ok oh all knowing one...its a time machine as well
and as an aside it can wash yer knickers too Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:44 pm

There is no need for immature insults, I have no idea if this works either not even my subject, just an interest, (sigh)

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:53 pm

darknessss wrote:advertising hype or what
having been processed to hell and judging by its source (faeces) it is likely that the water will effectively be distilled water.

distilled water is, by its very nature utterly devoid of taste..so how can it be "delicious"

to be fair it is probably as delicious as bottled water,  and some may be personal preference, distilled water still tastes different from air some may consider it's very mild bland flavour delicious (and water tastes sweet when you have Drunk WAY too much coffee  bounce  bounce  bounce )

"The water tasted as good as any I’ve had out of a bottle"
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:07 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

to be fair it is probably as delicious as bottled water,  and some may be personal preference, distilled water still tastes different from air some may consider it's very mild bland flavour delicious (and water tastes sweet when you have Drunk WAY too much coffee  bounce  bounce  bounce )

water tastes sweet when you are dehydrated (which is why it tastes such after too much coffe...caffeine is a diuretic dontcha know)
also have you noticed when you have been sweating a lot and are a bit short on salt that also tastes oddly sweet??

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:17 pm

darknessss wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

water tastes sweet when you are dehydrated (which is why it tastes such after too much coffe...caffeine is a diuretic dontcha know)
also have you noticed when you have been sweating a lot and are a bit short on salt that also tastes oddly sweet??

yeah, it is the way i judge that i have drunk too much coffee bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce stupid drinks that make you thirsty This Ingenious Machine Turns Feces Into Drinking Water 2097912929
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:02 pm

an interesting point mr Wolf......

MOST industrial concerns benefit from economy of scale, it it does seem that perversely enough water productio works backwards

It is VERY cheap and simple to provide small quantities of potable water from even the foulest of sources, with very little in the way of capital costs...but scale it up to as you put it municiple levels and it becomes mind bogglingly expensive.

I can only assume that that is due to the energy cost of distributing such vast amounts, pumping millions of gallons of water cant be cheap?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down