NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I didn't know Jars of Clay were no longer fundamentalist Christians anymore ...

3 posters

Go down

I didn't know Jars of Clay were no longer fundamentalist Christians anymore ... Empty I didn't know Jars of Clay were no longer fundamentalist Christians anymore ...

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:44 am

... but hey, good for them! Apparently this was made public several months ago, and years after they actually mattered:

Metro Weekly reported the story this morning, which quickly went viral:

“Not meaning to stir things up BUT… is there a non-speculative or non ‘slippery slope’ reason why gays shouldn’t marry? I don’t hear one.” He went on to write “I’m trying to make sense of the conservative argument. But it doesn’t hold up to basic scrutiny. Feels akin to women’s suffrage. I just don’t see a negative effect to allowing gay marriage. No societal breakdown, no war on traditional marriage. ?? Anyone?”

For many fans, this is all quite new and upsetting. Dan Haseltine is a Christian who has a Christian band playing for Christian churches and youth groups, so naturally we are heartbroken that he is shaking his fist in Jesus’ face. When did Dan depart from truth? Apparently he has been “out” about his beliefs – or rather about walking away from them – for quite a while. In a blog he wrote about his new album two summers ago, he’s pretty clear about what he no longer believes:

…since the themes of the record are very far from evangelical Christianity, the church community will most likely not embrace this record.  Which, on one hand, is a relief.  I am pretty weary from years of pretending to be more of something than I am.  I am tired of carrying evangelical expectations on my shoulders.  I have never been so sure of my faith that I was able to find a true home in the church communities where we played most of our shows.

So yeah, two videos for this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfAhpX_wIBk&spfreload=1

And ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

I didn't know Jars of Clay were no longer fundamentalist Christians anymore ... Empty Re: I didn't know Jars of Clay were no longer fundamentalist Christians anymore ...

Post by eddie Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:05 am

Who are Jars of Clay???
Are you drunk or taken too many cups of coffee today?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

I didn't know Jars of Clay were no longer fundamentalist Christians anymore ... Empty Re: I didn't know Jars of Clay were no longer fundamentalist Christians anymore ...

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:17 pm

eddie wrote:Who are Jars of Clay???
Are you drunk or taken too many cups of coffee today?

To answer your questions in order, "exactly," "yes" and "yes."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:28 pm

we are heartbroken that he is shaking his fist in Jesus’ face.

I find that statement laughable at best. Jesus would be supporting gay rights today. It was Apostle Paul that was the racist bigot. He would call for gays to be stoned to death, Christians often get Jesus' and Paul's teachings mixed up. Paul was basically a son-of-a-bitch.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down