NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Adele was right to ignore Bob Geldof and Band Aid

2 posters

Go down

Why Adele was right to ignore Bob Geldof and Band Aid Empty Why Adele was right to ignore Bob Geldof and Band Aid

Post by eddie Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:32 pm

I have so many problems with the latest Band Aid single that I don’t really know where to begin, but begin we must so let’s get going with the fact that two-thirds of the line-up are unrecognisable to anyone over the age of 30 – not least Bono, who in the group photo looks as if he’d rather be anywhere else than at the feet of a YouTube Vlogger (Zoella) and slightly to the left of a bloke who once lost The X Factor (Olly Murs).
Still, that’s not really a bearing on the single as such – it’s more a sign of how out-of-touch I am with popular culture, that when I looked at the picture my thoughts were 'gosh, it looks like a school photo on mufti day!’, followed by 'thank goodness for One Direction – making elderly women feel young since 2010’.
My real problem is Geldof’s insistence on shaming Adele for not appearing on the track. “Adele is doing nothing,” said Geldof at the weekend. “She’s not answering the phone… she’s not writing. She’s not recording. She doesn’t want to be bothered by anyone. She won’t pick up the phone to her manager. She’s bringing up a family, you know.”
This is as condescending as the song itself – do Africans know it’s Christmas? Given that over 500 million people living there are Christians, we must presume the answer to that is yes – and worse, it is a form of bullying that has sneeringly been dressed up as do-gooding.
The message is loud and clear, even if the music isn’t: Geldof is here to save West Africa from Ebola, and Adele, with her peculiar un-celebrity desire to sod the limelight as she brings up a toddler, is a selfish little woman who must be publicly humiliated.

Please read the full article here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/ebola/11236278/Why-Adele-was-right-to-ignore-Bob-Geldof-and-Band-Aid.html

Is I it ego-city or really pity?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Why Adele was right to ignore Bob Geldof and Band Aid Empty Re: Why Adele was right to ignore Bob Geldof and Band Aid

Post by Cass Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:40 pm

I thought whole Adele was snubbed thing was debunked.....

http://news.sky.com/story/1374910/bob-geldof-denies-adele-band-aid-song-snub

to be honest I'm not really bothered although its all over FB. He's made a charity record. great. some think its wonderful some think its patronizing. great. buy it if you want or don't.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down