NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seriously, fuck Saudi Arabia

5 posters

Go down

Seriously, fuck Saudi Arabia Empty Seriously, fuck Saudi Arabia

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:44 am

Why don't we treat Saudi Arabia as the pariah state it's practically begging to be? It's arguably at least as draconianly insane as North Korea. And it doesn't even yield nearly as much precious fossil fuel as it did when we felt the need to buddy up to it ...

Saudi was the homeland of most of the 9/11 hijackers, yet we had the worst president in U.S. history doing this with its prince:

Seriously, fuck Saudi Arabia BushKiss2

Why? Why does the West continue to kiss up to one of the most oppressive -- not to mention, hypocritical -- regimes in the world?

Raise the roof for the ladies of Saudi Arabia who are brave enough to be photographed while driving:

Seriously, fuck Saudi Arabia Saudi_women_driving_december

Seriously, fuck Saudi Arabia Saudi-driving_2747527b

Seriously, fuck Saudi Arabia 52800071_womandriver2

But screw their oppressive regime and the House of Saud, one of the biggest threats to peace the world has seen ...

http://www.skeptically.org/oil/id13.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Seriously, fuck Saudi Arabia Empty Re: Seriously, fuck Saudi Arabia

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:13 am

It still sits on top of the largest lake of fuel ever found:

Oil & Gas Journal wrote:
Saudi supergiant Shaybah oil field still growing
04/05/2004

Shaybah oil field, Saudi Arabia's newest supergiant, is approaching its sixth anniversary yet still is growing in terms of reserves and potential productive capacity.

Although the official reserves estimate for Shaybah is 14 billion bbl, project managers with operator and state oil company Saudi Aramco contend that their efforts have proved up as much as 15.7 billion bbl. One project engineer confided to OGJ his conviction that the number could easily climb to 18 billion bbl, given the company's recent successes with appraisal drilling and more-detailed 3D seismic surveys. And the field is proving prolific even in other ways, as Aramco last month reported a new gas pool discovery in the heart of the field (see related story, this page).

Shaybah, in the Rub' al Khali basin at the eastern edge of Saudi Arabia's vast Empty Quarter deep-desert region, currently produces about 560,000 b/d of oil. That's down 30,000 b/d from what it had produced most of the time since start-up in July 1998—a cut ordered to accommodate the new Saudi production quota implemented under an Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries agreement early this year. Scheduled field maintenance is expected to reduce output further to 450,000 b/d during April-June.

But even those levels are is just a fraction of the field's production potential. Both the Shaybah engineers and Saudi Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources Ali al-Naimi told OGJ that a ramp-up to 1 million b/d is feasible for the field.

"Should the demand [for the added increment of production] materialize—Shaybah is, I think, depleted at the rate of 1%[/year], which is low—with reserves of over 14 billion bbl, another increment of 500,000 [b/d] is feasible," Al-Naimi told OGJ in an interview in Riyadh (see related story, p. 18). "It's not a big deal."

Shaybah produced its 1 billionth bbl of oil on Dec. 25, 2003; by that time, another 2.5 billion bbl had been added to the reserves column from further field delineation and development.

Seriously, fuck Saudi Arabia 12QTR-Gulf-Oilfields-Labelled-m

Incidentally, that's not far from the Garden of Eden, which is presently under water in the Gulf.  Spooky, eh?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:24 am

I've had enough spooky for a while, thankyouverymuch Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:28 am

But it's still about oil (economics) rather than ideology, which sort of proves what I was driving at. If N. Korea had vast oil reserves, I'm sure we in the West would be great friends with Kim Il Whatever His Name Is Manchild Asshole. The supposed "clash of civilisations" is nothing compared to "We Want The Stuff."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:41 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:But it's still about oil (economics) rather than ideology, which sort of proves what I was driving at. If N. Korea had vast oil reserves, I'm sure we in the West would be great friends with Kim Il Whatever His Name Is Manchild Asshole. The supposed "clash of civilisations" is nothing compared to "We Want The Stuff."

Energy counts for a lot.  Certainly one of the basic food groups...lol.

The way the CIA originally excused themselves with these countries was to say, it's a different culture, and it would be ethnocentric of us to judge.  Now that the world has gotten smaller--don't underestimate that factor--that perspective doesn't fly.  I think that's a lot of the problem, don't you?  I mean, the Arab Spring and the new awakening of the people at least in the urban centers of the Middle East, can be attributed to the dynamic of the shrinking world. And moral questions such as the one you are posing, happen to come along during changing conditions.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:07 am

Original Quill wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:But it's still about oil (economics) rather than ideology, which sort of proves what I was driving at. If N. Korea had vast oil reserves, I'm sure we in the West would be great friends with Kim Il Whatever His Name Is Manchild Asshole. The supposed "clash of civilisations" is nothing compared to "We Want The Stuff."

Energy counts for a lot.  Certainly one of the basic food groups...lol.

The way the CIA originally excused themselves with these countries was to say, it's a different culture, and it would be ethnocentric of us to judge.  Now that the world has gotten smaller--don't underestimate that factor--that perspective doesn't fly.  I think that's a lot of the problem, don't you?  I mean, the Arab Spring and the new awakening of the people at least in the urban centers of the Middle East, can be attributed to the dynamic of the shrinking world.  And moral questions such as the one you are posing, happen to come along during changing conditions.

It's an interesting dichotomy at least -- if you're American and you live above vast mineral wealth, you've got guaranteed income. If you're Middle Eastern, you may very well have guaranteed drone strikes -- unless you're protected by the House of Saud ...

Goodnight everybody! Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:30 am

What's our oil doing under their backyard, anyway?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:05 pm

IF Moses had turned right instead of left when he crossed the red sea , the Jews would have had all the oil!!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Seriously, fuck Saudi Arabia SaudiArabiaOil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:16 am

Yeah, fuck Saudi:

News of a divorce rarely comes as a surprise to anyone these days. This particular one, however, has raised some eyebrows for being perhaps the shortest marriage ever. In Saudi Arabia, a groom asked for a divorce while his new wife was still in her wedding dress – nearly right after exchanging vows.

The bride and groom were from a town called Medinah and had never met in person – which is not uncommon for people marrying in the Middle East. In Saudi customs, a man and woman are permitted to look at each other only once before the wedding, however this particular couple passed up the first glance.

The wedding had taken place without issue – the trouble began when the couple had to pose for the photographer. That was when the bride removed her veil to smile for the celebratory post-wedding pictures. When the groom saw his bride’s face for the first time, he immediately reacted in disgust.

He reportedly turned to his bride and said:

“You are not the girl I want to marry. You are not the one I had imagined. I am sorry, but I divorce you.”

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11/17/saudi-man-divorces-wife-during-wedding-after-seeing-her-face-for-the-first-time/

Sorry, you don't organize your society in such a way that this sort of thing can easily happen without getting a big "fuck you" from The Kid. (I'm The Kid in this situation, by the way.)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:41 pm

ah but we (as in the US and most European countries) won't because they have what we have deluded ourselves into thinking we cant live without.

but then well find a new BFF to support with arms and money until the ungrateful little shit go off playbooks and then we will have to give him a permanent time out........unless he gas what we want - in which case we'll just make shit up to justify it.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down