NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian Bale's Comment About 'Schizophrenic' Moses Provokes Ire Of America's Religious Right

+7
Lone Wolf
Fuzzy Zack
Ben Reilly
nicko
Eilzel
eddie
veya_victaous
11 posters

Go down

Christian Bale's Comment About 'Schizophrenic' Moses Provokes Ire Of America's Religious Right Empty Christian Bale's Comment About 'Schizophrenic' Moses Provokes Ire Of America's Religious Right

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:00 pm

NEW YORK -- Hollywood has once against provoked the ire of America’s Christian right, with British actor Christian Bale the latest target of the country’s God-fearing masses after he described Moses as “barbaric” and “schizophrenic”.

The welsh thespian, 40, best known for a his gravel-voiced turn in the recent Batman trilogy, stars in Ridley Scott’s forthcoming Biblical offering Moses in Exodus: Of Gods and Kings, describing the lead character at a press conference in LA as a “troubled, tumultuous man”.

“I think the man was likely schizophrenic and was one of the most barbaric individuals that I ever read about in my life,” Bale said. “He was a very troubled, tumultuous man and mercurial. But the biggest surprise was the nature of God. He was equally very mercurial.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10/28/christian-bales-comments-about-moses-_n_6061612.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

I think Bale was bang on the money, Moses is one of the most barbaric characters in the bible.

Back to top Go down

Christian Bale's Comment About 'Schizophrenic' Moses Provokes Ire Of America's Religious Right Empty Re: Christian Bale's Comment About 'Schizophrenic' Moses Provokes Ire Of America's Religious Right

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:20 pm

+1
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Christian Bale's Comment About 'Schizophrenic' Moses Provokes Ire Of America's Religious Right Empty Re: Christian Bale's Comment About 'Schizophrenic' Moses Provokes Ire Of America's Religious Right

Post by eddie Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:27 pm

What did Moses do? Isn't he the bloke that walked up the mountain and brought down the rules?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:35 pm

eddie wrote:What did Moses do? Isn't he the bloke that walked up the mountain and brought down the rules?

told them to collect the foreskins of 10,000 philistines

denied the legal rights of Egyptian women.

taught that blacks are designed by god to be slaves

said kill anyone that questions what I said

Kill everyone including women and children if they are non believers.

his solution to anything was kill it, Your kid doesn't do what you say kill them. advice of Moses Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

part of the Jews problems historically is they are VERY bad to anyone they have ever conquered, So Historically Very little sympathy has been given to them.
Moses basically taught the same as ISIS is now but Even more violent and extreme with less mercy and humanity.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:03 am

Yeah, not surprising the cut the horror out of most TV adaptations of his story.., when he saw some of his followers worshipping the idol of a cow he had them executed too, a very brutal individual by any account. For Bale to make his comments shows he has done something most evangelical Christians have never done and never will- actually bothered to read the books of the Bible...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:41 am

But the bible doesn't say all that does? (Not that I care as I'm not religious)
So are you saying the bible lies?
If so, perhaps the accounts you've all read are lies too.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:48 am

How do you know there was a bloke called Moses? If there was how do you know he did all that? It's all guesswork based on what some nut job scribbled on a bit of papyrus a few thousand years ago.Mohammed did this, jesus did that. it's all bollocks and responsible for the deaths of millions. The Bible and the Koran should never have been "invented"
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:05 am

nicko wrote:How do you know there was a bloke called Moses? If there was how do you know he did all that?   It's all guesswork based on what some nut job scribbled on a bit of papyrus a few thousand years ago.Mohammed did this, jesus did that. it's all bollocks and responsible  for the deaths of millions.  The Bible and the Koran should never have been "invented"

I'm kinda with you on that Nicko.
And if people aren't prepared to believe the bible stories, why believe any other story from that time?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:53 am

eddie wrote:But the bible doesn't say all that does? (Not that I care as I'm not religious)

The Bible explicitly states those things actually Eds:

EXODUS 32:22 “Do not be angry, my lord,” Aaron answered. “You know how prone these people are to evil. 23 They said to me, ‘Make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we don’t know what has happened to him.’ 24 So I told them, ‘Whoever has any gold jewelry, take it off.’ Then they gave me the gold, and I threw it into the fire, and out came this calf!”

26 So he stood at the entrance to the camp and said, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me.” And all the Levites rallied to him.

27 Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’” 28 The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died.

How about the slaughter of innocent children (Moses again):

NUMBERS 31:15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Now don't misunderstand. I'm as skeptical of the Bible stories as you two nicko and Eds (if not more, it is all BS let's be honest).

BUT the Bible DOES say these things, and worse, explicitly. Christians, Jews and Muslims don't like to highlight these stories because they don't exactly preach the typical message faithful want to hear. I imagine if some of the millions of ignorant believers out their ever did bother to pick up their hallowed books they'd be shocked into disbelief...

However, IF Moses et al did exist then we have only the Bible, Koran and Torah to find comprehensive evidence of what they did. And in those books, Moses is a brutal and indeed schizophrenic murderer, usually carrying out the orders of an ego-maniacal god.

Either Moses is fictional, or he was a savage, because if anyone did even just the two things mentioned in my Bible quotes- they'd be compared to ISIS- and Moses did a whole lot more.

But don't ever think the Bible is all peace and love, the Old Testament especially tells some of the most barbaric tales you will ever encounter.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:25 am

I find the Skeptic's Annotated Bible a good resource. Not the most objective source, obviously, but you can double-check their claims. They're also good at pointing out some prickly contradictions, such as:

John 1:4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

But ...

Matthew 8:8:28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

So that would mean that the "devils" (usually translated as "demons") dwell in God, and God in them, since they confessed Jesus was the son of God ... seems like kind of a big plot hole Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:23 am

Ben, it's all rubbish, written by men who wanted to control other people by instilling fear into them so they could push their own objectives and become more powerful, [and rich].
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:50 am

nicko wrote:Ben, it's all rubbish,  written by men who wanted to control other people by instilling fear into them so they could push their own objectives and become more powerful, [and rich].  

Moses may well be a historical character as he is also recorded by Mantheo, who's works are lost but are recorded in other works like Josephus.
It is likely that Moses was in fact Eygptian, the name Mose is most definately Eygptian and it is quite possible he was a priest of the Aten, a heretical worship of the first recorded monothestic religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osarseph

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:55 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:NEW YORK -- Hollywood has once against provoked the ire of America’s Christian right, with British actor Christian Bale the latest target of the country’s God-fearing masses after he described Moses as “barbaric” and “schizophrenic”.

The welsh thespian, 40, best known for a his gravel-voiced turn in the recent Batman trilogy, stars in Ridley Scott’s forthcoming Biblical offering Moses in Exodus: Of Gods and Kings, describing the lead character at a press conference in LA as a “troubled, tumultuous man”.

“I think the man was likely schizophrenic and was one of the most barbaric individuals that I ever read about in my life,” Bale said. “He was a very troubled, tumultuous man and mercurial. But the biggest surprise was the nature of God. He was equally very mercurial.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10/28/christian-bales-comments-about-moses-_n_6061612.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

I think Bale was bang on the money, Moses is one of the most barbaric characters in the bible.

Lol! A lot of fuss over someone who didn't exist. HA HA!

Indeed, it is possible no such person existed or is possible two people that existed merged over time into one person.

Of course the same could be argued for both Jesus and Muhammd if they existed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:58 am

If Moses existed he would be arguably one of history’s most influential figures - the founder of the great monotheistic religions of the modern world. However, many historians doubt the reality of the Exodus story and even question the existence of Moses himself. In The Moses Legacy, Graham Phillips takes the reader on an exciting journey into biblical times, using the latest archaeological evidence as well as a new reading of the Old Testament to recreate early Hebrew history. He not only shows that much of the Exodus story can be corroborated, from the flight from Egypt to the conquest of Canaan, but that Moses had indeed existed.

Graham proposes that Moses had in fact been two separate historical figures who later became confused as one. The first, the man who originally converted the Israelites to monotheism, was a dissident court official named Tuthmosis, who was banished from Egypt around 1460 BC, and the second, the man who confronted the pharaoh and led the Israelites out of captivity, was an exiled prince, also called Tuthmosis, who lived around a century later. The word Moses, meaning "the son", Graham suggests, was a later shortening of this original name.

Having identified the historical figures behind the Moses story, Graham then leads the reader on a fascinating quest to discover the very place the Hebrew religion originated. According to the Bible, Moses first discovered God on Mount Sinai when he spoke to him at a burning bush. Also called the Mountain of God, it was here that God gave Moses the Ten Commandments, revealed the holy laws and instructed him to make the Ark of the Covenant. It was here too that God infused Moses’ staff with the power to bring down the plagues of hail and fire, turn day to night, the Nile to blood and part the Red Sea. Although, since Roman times, legend has identified Mount Sinai as Jebel Musa in eastern Egypt, the Bible itself does not directly say where it is. In modern times biblical scholars have fiercely debated its true location, while historians have doubted that such a place ever really existed. Now, by cross-referencing various accounts of the Exodus story given in different books of the Old Testament, and comparing them with the latest archaeological discoveries from the Middle East, Graham Phillips goes in search of the real Mountain of God.

According to the book of Exodus, when the Israelites arrive at the Mountain of God Moses uses his sacred staff to create a miraculous spring. The book of Numbers describes this same event but reveals its location as being at Kadesh, today identified as a mountainous pass on the boarders of the kingdom of Edom in southern Jordan. Now surrounded by the later ruins of the Nabatean city of Petra, a Bedouin shrine still marks the spot where local tradition has long held that the event occurred. Above it, rises Jebel Madhbah, a mountain that precisely matches the descriptions of Mount Sinai given in the Bible. Here, a team of British and Jordanian archaeologists has recently excavated the remains of an ancient Hebrew sanctuary dating from the very time Moses is thought to have lived. Remarkably, in the nineteenth century, a tomb was discovered there that may actually have been the final resting place of one of the historical Moses figures. Inside, along with other artifacts, was a 3500-year-old staff inscribed with hieroglyphics identifying its owner as the court official Tuthmosis, the very man Graham identified as the first Moses. He believes that it was the second Moses who was buried in the tomb, the staff having been inherited by him when he became the leader of the Israelites. The staff is now in the Egyptian gallery of the Birmingham Museum in England and, after careful research, Graham is certain it is the actual staff that the Bible asserts Moses used to perform the miracles of the Exodus.

http://www.grahamphillips.net/books/moses.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:28 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Indeed, it is possible no such person existed or is possible two people that existed merged over time into one person.

Of course the same could be argued for both Jesus and Muhammd if they existed.

No, there are historical documents (such as letters sent to various kings to convert to Islam) indicating that prophet Muhammed (pbuh) existed.

History Didge. You should get into it.

That is not evidence, or historicity of Muhammad ha ha, and you say history, I know it way better than you. All that shows is a religion was spreading the character of Muhammad could very much be fictional.
I take the view he existed, but again it can be argued that he did not but I would have not used the evidence you claimed, that was poor and shows you do not understand history Zack.
In fact any early written evidence of Islam is scant.  

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:38 pm

This would have been better:

[This material] precludes any doubts as to whether Muhammad was a real person: he is named in a Syriac source that is likely to date from the time of the conquests, and there is an account of him in a Greek source of the same period [...] The Armenian chronicler of the 660s attests that Muhammad was a merchant, and confirms the centrality of Abraham in his preaching

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Muhammad

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Lone cub, fcuk off dick head!! and post something without insults!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Hi Eddie, quoting you from above: So are you saying the bible lies?
If so, perhaps the accounts you've all read are lies too.'

It's not so much as lying but portraying God as a loving father which, as some have pointed out, is a falsehood, going by hjis commands to kill men, women, and children, especially during the Israelites journey to the so-called promised land. He has/had an evil side which is demonstrated time and time again. Personally I believe he is just another mythological character, one of hundreds. If he was responsible for Creation then crikey, did'nt he make a mess of it.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:31 pm

I can remember as a kid a guy in a pulpit yelling at us that if we didn't follow God's ways then we would be sent to the burning fire. According to what I've read on here about what he says it's just as well that I didn't follow his commands as I would be no more than a barbaric murderer.

I'm sure the guy that was tramping around those lands or those centuries ago was promoting himself and being controversial because he had a book coming out. Worked a treat right enough as millions have been published but unfortunately the guy got crucified and never lived to see how successful it was.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
I'm sure the guy that was tramping around those lands or those centuries ago was promoting himself and being controversial because he had a book coming out. Worked a treat right enough as millions have been published but unfortunately the guy got crucified and never lived to see how successful it was.

I know I shouldn't but........:LOL:

Except Irn it was Paul who was the Spin Doctor/PR guru Cool
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Cass wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

I'm not really into all this religious baloney Cass so you lol away, in fact multi lol if you wish. The more lols the better. Here's the trailer to the movie

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:12 pm

The film looks incredible has to be said :-)
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Cass wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Correction!  Paul was the better spin doctor, and coincidentally he was given a broader congregation in Rome and Greece over Palestine.  JC was also a spin doctor to his small group.  

Also, JC's essential word ('thesis within') was self-contracting; Paul's was self-expanding.  To say, as Jesus did, that one finds god within himself (gnosis) is to say ipso facto there won't be a party tonight.  And here you have Paul announcing that we will all meet tonight, and every night, down at the church for cookies and lemonade.  Of course Paul had a bigger party.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Wow thanks wolf!
Who needs the bible with those pics? lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:51 pm

eddie wrote:But the bible doesn't say all that does? (Not that I care as I'm not religious)

ummm... the bible does say that...

all those things are in the old testament

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down