NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misogyny in the Media: Double edition

3 posters

Go down

Misogyny in the Media: Double edition  Empty Misogyny in the Media: Double edition

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:45 am

Despite the fact women are approximately 51% of the world’s population (note: does not include underground kingdom of lizard people), we all seem to lose our shit when it comes to women.

Misogyny in the Media
Like Former Prime Minister Julia Gillard. Ms Gillard has been taking interviews with newspapers and TV shows to promote her memoir, even though her book was probably written by a man (maybe it was Billy Shorten, which would explain his absence from the opposition).

Naturally the media approach to her book tour is as sober as they took her leadership, asking her questions about whether her partner will turn up naked for her birthday, and then persistent questioning about her understanding of the word misogyny because people are still flummoxed that a) she knew the word, b) the speech she used it in was globally popular and c) that anyone would think Tony “Slow Wink” Abbott ever showed or encouraged misogynistic behaviour towards her. Not, how on earth did you manage to push through so much legislation in a minority government or let’s examine your legislative failures - just Hello former Prime Minister, do you do rude things with naked men and do you understand words?

Obviously this sort of treatment has no impact on recent findings that only 1% of Australian girls and young women want a future in politics because, amazingly, around half of them avoid careers they believe are sexist.

--
Meanwhile…

In another world, a world fantastically different yet still one where a woman’s existence is defined by their connection to men, two people got married. Two equals - one a highly respected and accomplished lawyer and the other politically and philanthropically motivated actor. Also known as Amal Alamuddin and George Clooney.

Instead, Amal Alamuddin has been reduced from international expert lawyer to a woman who wears clothes. Try googling “Amal Alamuddin international lawyer” (i.e. her job). About 9,900 results...ever. Even since her engagement made her recognised to more people, it’s a relatively rare search term.

Then try googling “Amal Alamuddin white pantsuit”.

7,960,000 results. In the past 24 hours.

Apparently the most exciting aspect of this professionally accomplished woman is that she wore a white pantsuit and suddenly her life is an adjunct to the bloke she is married to (never with, just to) and what she can wear (because apparently rich people don't have a history of dressing well).

Look, here’s a secret I learnt from my years as a woman: they can think! And talk! Sometimes they combine both these skills and use them to answer questions! If you ask them some and perhaps, just perhaps, you might find out that they do really amazing things, things you can even learn from.

To learn more about this shadowy subculture of women doing things other than wearing or not wearing clothes or knowing word definitions, please buy my upcoming autobiography My years pretending to be a woman for Daily Telegraph readers because I don’t think they know women exist.

author AMY GRAY
http://www.thevine.com.au/Member/Profile/AmyGray
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Misogyny in the Media: Double edition  Empty Re: Misogyny in the Media: Double edition

Post by Guest Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:00 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Despite the fact women are approximately 51% of the world’s population (note: does not include underground kingdom of lizard people), we all seem to lose our shit when it comes to women.

Misogyny in the Media
Like Former Prime Minister Julia Gillard. Ms Gillard has been taking interviews with newspapers and TV shows to promote her memoir, even though her book was probably written by a man (maybe it was Billy Shorten, which would explain his absence from the opposition).

Naturally the media approach to her book tour is as sober as they took her leadership, asking her questions about whether her partner will turn up naked for her birthday, and then persistent questioning about her understanding of the word misogyny because people are still flummoxed that a) she knew the word, b) the speech she used it in was globally popular and c) that anyone would think Tony “Slow Wink” Abbott ever showed or encouraged misogynistic behaviour towards her. Not, how on earth did you manage to push through so much legislation in a minority government or let’s examine your legislative failures - just Hello former Prime Minister, do you do rude things with naked men and do you understand words?

Obviously this sort of treatment has no impact on recent findings that only 1% of Australian girls and young women want a future in politics because, amazingly, around half of them avoid careers they believe are sexist.

Given the right royal f**k up our only woman prime minister caused, I would suggest you are better off if it stays that way.....

--
Meanwhile…

In another world, a world fantastically different yet still one where a woman’s existence is defined by their connection to men, two people got married. Two equals - one a highly respected and accomplished lawyer and the other politically and philanthropically motivated actor. Also known as Amal Alamuddin and George Clooney.

Instead, Amal Alamuddin has been reduced from international expert lawyer to a woman who wears clothes. Try googling “Amal Alamuddin international lawyer” (i.e. her job). About 9,900 results...ever. Even since her engagement made her recognised to more people, it’s a relatively rare search term.

Then try googling “Amal Alamuddin white pantsuit”.

7,960,000 results. In the past 24 hours.

Apparently the most exciting aspect of this professionally accomplished woman is that she wore a white pantsuit and suddenly her life is an adjunct to the bloke she is married to (never with, just to) and what she can wear (because apparently rich people don't have a history of dressing well).

Look, here’s a secret I learnt from my years as a woman: they can think! And talk! Sometimes they combine both these skills and use them to answer questions! If you ask them some and perhaps, just perhaps, you might find out that they do really amazing things, things you can even learn from.

To learn more about this shadowy subculture of women doing things other than wearing or not wearing clothes or knowing word definitions, please buy my upcoming autobiography My years pretending to be a woman for Daily Telegraph readers because I don’t think they know women exist.

author AMY GRAY
http://www.thevine.com.au/Member/Profile/AmyGray

Back to top Go down

Misogyny in the Media: Double edition  Empty Re: Misogyny in the Media: Double edition

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:33 pm

On Wednesday, Fox News host Kimberly Guilfoyle attempted to do a nice segment on "The Five" about the United Arab Emirates' first female fighter pilot. Fellow hosts Greg Gutfeld and Eric Bolling cut in with titty jokes because ha ha, the pilot is a lady doing a man's job, ha ha ha.

"Major Mariam Al Mansouri is who did this," Guilfoyle reported, noting that Mansouri led the UAE's airstrikes on ISIS. "Very exciting ... A woman doing this ... I hope that hurt extra bad because in some Arab countries women can't even drive."

Gutfeld then interrupts with, "The problem is after she bombed it she couldn't park it." Eric Bolling follows up: "Would that be considered boobs on the ground or no?"

Being a woman who works at Fox News sounds fun.

http://gawker.com/fox-news-host-calls-female-fighter-pilot-boobs-on-the-1639029271
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:22 pm

@vic
Actually Julia was quite good, more positives from her term than negatives, Murdoch was going on about How terrible the Debt she was creating but anyone with the brains to go and look at the world bank numbers could see it was actually going down slightly under her leadership... And that Huge debt was only about 10% of the Current UK debt so if that is a 'crisis' WTF is it in the UK.

Abbott is proving how good she was, to pass so much stuff and keep the economy high and debt low WITH a minority Gov't
Abbott has a majority in the lower house and still hasn't passed the Budget that was supposed to passed in July.

Despite the Daily Terrorgraphs propaganda Julia was actually a quite good PM considering the difficult position she was leading from. I think the calls about Misogyny are fair she definitely suffered much hard press than Abbott is on everything. Tony Abbott's elitist Jesuit fundamentalist upbringing is never made an issue, Yet they had HUGE issue with the Fact Julia Lived with a De Facto(just and average bloke) rather than get married and accepted not having kids to try and get a top political position (another thing that woudl not be required of a man) and she was an Openly an Atheist too. Basically you can really see the RW hated her because she was a strong woman.

(P.S I started writing this and then realised you were talking about Thatcher not Gillard, I tried to change it while keeping the points cause they are relevant to article Wink )
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:28 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@vic
Actually Julia was quite good, more positives from her term than negatives, Murdoch was going on about How terrible the Debt she was creating but anyone with the brains to go and look at the world bank numbers could see it was actually going down slightly under her leadership... And that Huge debt was only about 10% of the Current UK debt so if that is a 'crisis' WTF is it in the UK.

Abbott is proving how good she was, to pass so much stuff and keep the economy high and debt low WITH a minority Gov't
Abbott has a majority in the lower house and still hasn't passed the Budget that was supposed to passed in July.

Despite the Daily Terrorgraphs propaganda Julia was actually a quite good PM considering the difficult position she was leading from. I think the calls about Misogyny are fair she definitely suffered much hard press than Abbott is on everything. Tony Abbott's elitist Jesuit fundamentalist upbringing is never made an issue, Yet they had HUGE issue with the Fact Julia Lived with a De Facto(just and average bloke) rather than get married and accepted not having kids to try and get a top political position (another thing that woudl not be required of a man) and she was an Openly an Atheist too. Basically you can really see the RW hated her because she was a strong woman.

(P.S I started writing this and then realised you were talking about Thatcher not Gillard, I tried to change it while keeping the points cause they are relevant to article Wink  )

cretinous crustacean Rolling Eyes Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:49 pm

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

lol! lol! lol!
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:00 am

Mrs Clooney, iv'e seen more meat on a Kebab stick!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down