NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seems there was a virus going around in Spain....

5 posters

Go down

Seems there was a virus going around in Spain.... Empty Seems there was a virus going around in Spain....

Post by eddie Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:24 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2717524/Seventy-Britons-struck-vomiting-bug-Mallorca-Menorca-just-days-100-fell-ill-Egypt.html

Seventy British holidaymakers were struck down by a vomiting bug that ruined breaks at two resorts in Spain, it emerged today.
At least 50 fell ill at Club Mac Alcudia, on the Balearic island of Mallorca, and 20 at Stil Victoria Playa, on the neighbouring island of Menorca.
Families described scenes 'like a horror movie' as they had their summer breaks ruined. It was also reported that several young children ended up in hospital.

I didn't stay at either of those hotels but I reckon this is what we got.
Take care if you're going to Spain any time soon!

By the by, I've been a visitor to Spain since I was young and have always though that wherever I went, there was the smell of sewage, my cousin also used to say this when we were kids too, and she went to Spain more than I did.

Nope, the sewage smell wasn't me - before someone states the obvious (sorry to spoil your fun) - but I'd be interested to know if they have a sewerage problem in Spain, seeing as this particular virus can be a contamination of water. We didn't drink it but obviously, food is washed in it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Seems there was a virus going around in Spain.... Empty Re: Seems there was a virus going around in Spain....

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Generally food is washed in bottled water in my experience Eddie and ice is made out of the same.  It's always best to check though Seems there was a virus going around in Spain.... Thumbs47

Hope you are all feeling better x

Back to top Go down

Seems there was a virus going around in Spain.... Empty Re: Seems there was a virus going around in Spain....

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:38 pm

That explains it. Hope it's better, Eds.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:24 pm

We are all pretty much back to normal.

Wolf. Your sewer knowledge astounds me lol
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Wolf's background in matters of science is always excellent. His university degree is an animal husbandry, I believe.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:Wolf's background in matters of science is always excellent.  His university degree is an animal husbandry, I believe.

Ah. Well he's certainly clever.
I used to dislike him. I'm glad we're best friends now as I like clever people cheers

Ps that's why I hang around with all of you lot Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:38 am

well at least you know now - sorry you all had to go through it xx
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:43 am

Cass wrote:well at least you know now - sorry you all had to go through it xx

Thanks Cass x

I did but you some lovely diamonds but I threw up on them I'm afraid.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:52 pm

eddie wrote:

Thanks Cass x

when I said rock I meant stick of........ Cool
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:

Thanks Cass x

when I said rock I meant stick of........  Cool

Ah see now I thought you meant "sick of".....
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:33 pm

eddie wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2717524/Seventy-Britons-struck-vomiting-bug-Mallorca-Menorca-just-days-100-fell-ill-Egypt.html

Seventy British holidaymakers were struck down by a vomiting bug that ruined breaks at two resorts in Spain, it emerged today.
At least 50 fell ill at Club Mac Alcudia, on the Balearic island of Mallorca, and 20 at Stil Victoria Playa, on the neighbouring island of Menorca.
Families described scenes 'like a horror movie' as they had their summer breaks ruined. It was also reported that several young children ended up in hospital.

I didn't stay at either of those hotels but I reckon this is what we got.
Take care if you're going to Spain any time soon!

By the by, I've been a visitor to Spain since I was young and have always though that wherever I went, there was the smell of sewage, my cousin also used to say this when we were kids too, and she went to Spain more than I did.

Nope, the sewage smell wasn't me - before someone states the obvious (sorry to spoil your fun) - but I'd be interested to know if they have a sewerage problem in Spain, seeing as this particular virus can be a contamination of water. We didn't drink it but obviously, food is washed in it?

There were floods with raw sewage in then a few years back in Salou and the place was rotten. I wasn't there but a friend was and they returned early from their holiday. I believe it's happened quite a few times there and elsewhere in Spain
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:54 pm

Ah that clears that up then Irn....or not, as the case may be....
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down