NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bounce a battery to see if it's dead

4 posters

Go down

Bounce a battery to see if it's dead Empty Bounce a battery to see if it's dead

Post by Frazzled Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:03 pm

It's a load of twaddle.  They tried it on BBC News this morning and it turned out the dead ones didn't bounce and the ones with juice in did.  You might like to try it though.  Health and Safety rules apply  Rolling Eyes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2743595/Want-know-battery-dead-See-BOUNCES-Engineer-reveals-simple-trick-check-cell-lost-charge.html
Frazzled
Frazzled
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Bounce a battery to see if it's dead Empty Re: Bounce a battery to see if it's dead

Post by nicko Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:34 pm

Try it on a carpet.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Bounce a battery to see if it's dead Empty Re: Bounce a battery to see if it's dead

Post by Cass Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:57 pm

must admit I've never heard of this before....
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Frazzled Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:28 pm

I'm terrible for sticking dead batteries in a drawer instead of throwing them away.  The old square batteries with two terminals on the top you could test them by touching them with your tongue.  Horrible sensation though  Shocked
Frazzled
Frazzled
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Frazzled wrote:It's a load of twaddle.  They tried it on BBC News this morning and it turned out the dead ones didn't bounce and the ones with juice in did.  You might like to try it though.  Health and Safety rules apply  Rolling Eyes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2743595/Want-know-battery-dead-See-BOUNCES-Engineer-reveals-simple-trick-check-cell-lost-charge.html

If it works, why do you say "It's a load of twaddle"?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:36 am

Frazzled wrote:I'm terrible for sticking dead batteries in a drawer instead of throwing them away.  The old square batteries with two terminals on the top you could test them by touching them with your tongue.  Horrible sensation though  Shocked

ditto.....I kept meaning to take them to the recycling center but then I put them in a "safe" place and then I find them a year later.......
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down