NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evil Humanity

3 posters

Go down

Evil Humanity Empty Evil Humanity

Post by stardesk Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi folks. Great isn't it, sitting here in the comfort of my home, surrounded by all mod-con can offer. Supping my coffee in peace and quiet. No fears or threats of guns blasting my house to bits. And then I see the news and oh dear, how sad it is to see so many innocent children killed and/or badly wounded. My day is ruined by memories of so many conflicts, so many innocents maimed by selfish, heartless  mankind. When will we learn to live in peace? Below are pictures I remembered I had, and dug out for here. They are from the Vietnam war. Nothing changes does it.

Evil Humanity Img11710

A couple more pics later on.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Evil Humanity Empty Re: Evil Humanity

Post by stardesk Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:00 pm

Evil Humanity Img11610

stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Evil Humanity Img11517
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Just checked this out, the images are just as horrific as anything coming out of the ISIS conflicts today, or Israel/Palestine. I think Vietnam, though, was when we stopped sweeping things like this under the rug and started to confront them.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Hi Ben. I presume it was newspaper reports and radio news during the 2nd. world war which began to open up the the horrors of war and bring them to the public's attention. These days there are reporters in every corner of the globe. Modern technology has helped tremendously in enabling events to be broadcast as and when they happen.

Sadly, in any conflict using modern weapons, you can't see who is at the other end of a shell's target. Children and women, old and infirm, all suffer for the sake of primitive beliefs and ideology. What sad, deluded specimens of humanity they are, for not caring who they kill, as long as they believe it is for the 'cause.'
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:45 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi Ben. I presume it was newspaper reports and radio news during the 2nd. world war which began to open up the the horrors of war and bring them to the public's attention. These days there are reporters in every corner of the globe. Modern technology has helped tremendously in enabling events to be broadcast as and when they happen.

Sadly, in any conflict using modern weapons, you can't see who is at the other end of a shell's target. Children and women, old and infirm, all suffer for the sake of primitive beliefs and ideology. What sad, deluded specimens of humanity they are, for not caring who they kill, as long as they believe it is for the 'cause.'

Maybe I'm just speaking in terms of the U.S.; there was a decade or more after the end of WWII when U.S. war movies continued to glorify and sanitize it, showing people being shot as grasping their chests and crumpling to the ground (rather than blood everywhere, agonized screaming, etc.) ... it seems like the U.S., at least, was really unprepared for the look at what war was really like provided by journalists covering Vietnam.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:48 am

Vietnam was truly the first conflict to have embedded journalists and to tell it like it was - Korea was mostly puff piece reporting. they couldn't hide it from the public when the returning soldiers started telling all and sundry and they only started to do that when they saw how much of a massive failure and how pointless it all was.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down