NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi

+6
Cass
David
Tommy Monk
Lone Wolf
Original Quill
veya_victaous
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi - Page 2 Empty Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:34 am

First topic message reminder :

AN Arizona shooting instructor was accidentally shot and killed while showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an automatic Uzi, authorities said.

Charles Vacca, 39, of Lake Havasu City, Arizona, died on Monday shortly after being airlifted to University Medical Center in Las Vegas, Mohave County sheriff’s officials said.

Vacca was standing next to the girl at the Last Stop outdoor shooting range in White Hills when she pulled the trigger and the recoil sent the gun over her head, investigators said.

http://www.news.com.au/world/girl-nine-accidentally-kills-shooting-instructor-with-uzi-at-arizona-shooting-range/story-fndir2ev-1227038261240
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi - Page 2 Empty Re: Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:19 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Also how do you know any of the girls not in the pictures, being this is the daily Mail do not sport shoot?

I see the point about sport shooting.  And not to enhance your argument, lol, but a bolt action .22 is the ideal weapon for a varmint shooting when trail riding in Arizona.

Still, I think those photographs were flat-waving for the NRA.  They weren't taken with a cactus in the background.  Wink

So no live ammunition, would you then have an issue with a young girl posing with a gun, to a sport she enjoys?
Again I am just trying to put things into perspective here and more to the point how people react to some things and ignore others. To me sadly guns have been invented, but from the time of the invention of weapons people have also played sports with them, which the later should never be associated as the same of enjoying to kill

Back to top Go down

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi - Page 2 Empty Re: Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:23 pm

Here you are Me lady, as you missed, where it is excused as firing at fireworks

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t6524-gaza-ceasefire-brings-incredible-scenes-in-gaza-as-palestinians-celebrate-victory

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I see the point about sport shooting.  And not to enhance your argument, lol, but a bolt action .22 is the ideal weapon for a varmint shooting when trail riding in Arizona.

Still, I think those photographs were flat-waving for the NRA.  They weren't taken with a cactus in the background.  Wink

So no live ammunition, would you then have an issue with a young girl posing with a gun, to a sport she enjoys?
Again I am just trying to put things into perspective here and more to the point how people react to some things and ignore others. To me sadly guns have been invented, but from the time of the invention of weapons people have also played sports with them, which the later should never be associated as the same of enjoying to kill

Well, I still look as a gun as a necessary evil. Sure I take out a .45 on the trail, and it's necessary in my view.

But advertising a bolt action rifle by painting it pink? It's like painting a bear trap with polka dots.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

Well, I still look as a gun as a necessary evil.  Sure I take out a .45 on the trail, and it's necessary in my view.

But advertising a bolt action rifle by painting it pink?  It's like painting a bear trap with polka dots.

Any weapon is evil as it was originally designed to kill, however, if a better use can be found for that evil, then is that not a better way to use that evil?
We can all argue the merits of a sales pitch Quill, which if this was to a child who likes to sports shoot, then they have played up to the mentality of child of that age, again, I am against any live ammunition being used , as stated throughout this debate. It just really bugs me, when many people play the moral card on something and yet you could hear a pin drop on something similar, with children posing with real adult guns and even worse suicide vests and it does not even have the same views applied, which is more my point on all of this later part of this debate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, I still look as a gun as a necessary evil.  Sure I take out a .45 on the trail, and it's necessary in my view.

But advertising a bolt action rifle by painting it pink?  It's like painting a bear trap with polka dots.

Any weapon is evil as it was originally designed to kill, however, if a better use can be found for that evil, then is that not a better way to use that evil?
We can all argue the merits of a sales pitch Quill, which if this was to a child who likes to sports shoot, then they have played up to the mentality of child of that age, again, I am against any live ammunition being used , as stated throughout this debate. It just really bugs me, when many people play the moral card on something and yet you could hear a pin drop on something similar, with children posing with real adult guns and even worse suicide vests and it does not even have the same views applied, which is more my point on all of this later part of this debate.

I pretty much agree. I think when Veya posted those pictures, his point was the complete lack of understanding on the part of those lil girls as to what a gun was for.

As far as firearms go, a bolt action .22 as I said, is a very practical trail gun. Going back to the OP, there is no reason a little girl needs to fire an UZI. I understand she might have been fascinated by the UZI firearm, but if a little girl aspires to be a chemist when she grows up, you still don't give her cyanide to play with.

She did not belong in that place, with that weapon, and a man is dead because of it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:They are real, though cheap firearms.  That is a bolt-action .22 in each case.  You don't have a bolt on an air rifle.

firstly that is wrong...I have a daystate MK 4 pcp air rifle..(sub 12 ft lbs didge...so not subject to FAC)
it is bolt fed and has 10 round magazine.....................however you are correct, those weapons are .22 lr rimfire..which should NOT be in the hands of kids that young EXCEPT whilst under instruction and or competing

And they are functioning.  Look how the bolt is up in pictures 2 and 3.

At least those two have been shown how to present "gun safe"  with bolt up  and chamber open and therefore safe.. and visibly so...full marks to whoever taught them...

I can tell you as an American, this is the kind of thing that gun lovers would do.  They probably bought those firearms to "share" with the children.  And these are the first pictures, on their birthday or whenever.

By associating firearms with children you are sending the message that guns are good.  Typical NRA stuff.  Their reaction to such photographs is a kind of flag-waving.

Last edited by victorisnotamused on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:50 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Didge wrote:

Sorry disagree if for sport.

If they were holding a bow and arrow or crossbow and were state junior champions and posed holding the weapons would you state sick and twisted?
Cool

I would like to see any child even lift a crossbow, let alone draw it...

AS FOR "plastic" guns, Didge ~ are you aware that Glocks, M16s/15s/14s and Steyrs are all made out of plastics ?

Then you have no idea there are many competitions for children with crossbows, and archery, where the bow you need more strength than a gun to use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:01 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Original Quill wrote:They are real, though cheap firearms.  That is a bolt-action .22 in each case.  You don't have a bolt on an air rifle.

firstly that is wrong...I have a daystate MK 4 pcp air rifle..(sub 12 ft lbs didge...so not subject to FAC)
it is bolt fed and has 10 round magazine.....................however you are correct, those weapons are .22 lr rimfire..which should NOT be in the hands of kids that young EXCEPT whilst under instruction and or competing

And they are functioning.  Look how the bolt is up in pictures 2 and 3.

At least those two have been shown how to present "gun safe"  with bolt up  and chamber open and therefore safe.. and visibly so...full marks to whoever taught them...

I can tell you as an American, this is the kind of thing that gun lovers would do.  They probably bought those firearms to "share" with the children.  And these are the first pictures, on their birthday or whenever.

By associating firearms with children you are sending the message that guns are good.  Typical NRA stuff.  Their reaction to such photographs is a kind of flag-waving.

Absolutely right, Vic. Here is the basic rifle that those girls are holding:

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi - Page 2 11016741_1

Only painted pink.

After I left the computer I thought about this thread and realized that I failed to mention that bolt up is a safety measure.

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR3UbxYBaM_pOltAqClXvhmF9UHBH2tABp7ZzV99Nza4Q6F84EFA

With the bolt open, you can see the gun cannot be fired. But that means that the girl from Louisiana was not safe. Take a look.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:43 am

Didge wrote:Here you are Me lady, as you missed, where it is excused as firing at fireworks

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t6524-gaza-ceasefire-brings-incredible-scenes-in-gaza-as-palestinians-celebrate-victory

thanks.

made me just as sick as this OP. ugh. I don't want dinner now.

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THESE KINDS OF THING TO CHILDREN?
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:46 am

Sorry I have put you off your dinner.
Again my intent here was never personal, but on the points at hand but sorry if it came across that way, as I know I can come on strong in such debates.

Night

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:47 am

Before I go Cass, you would enjoy this lecture on WW2 also.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t6534-what-to-do-about-isis-great-discussion#144428

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:52 am

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:
I pretty much agree. I think when Veya posted those pictures, his point was the complete lack of understanding on the part of those lil girls as to what a gun was for.
As far as firearms go, a bolt action .22 as I said, is a very practical trail gun. Going back to the OP, there is no reason a little girl needs to fire an UZI. I understand she might have been fascinated by the UZI firearm, but if a little girl aspires to be a chemist when she grows up, you still don't give her cyanide to play with.
She did not belong in that place, with that weapon, and a man is dead because of it.

agreed and now she will have to bear that trauma for the rest of her life.

as to didges POV on children engaging in sports with weapons - no I don't agree with it under the age of 16 and barely at that. we don't let people marry or vote or join the armed forces or drink until older ages so I don't see why it isn't illegal to allow children access to weapons because their families think its ok. in my opinion its not and to see gun manufacturer. specifically targetting girls by painting real guns pink is just sick in my view as it would be by painting them camp for boys or whatever. Nobody would let an adult who believed in Zombies or dinosaurs have access to weapons would they?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:02 am

Again I disagree if its for sport me Lady, for example would you stop your children being taught to use the Javelin? 
I was doing archery at the age of 8 and shooting and air rifle at 9, where again I fail to see what is wrong with many sports which anyone could deem as dangerous, we would have no champions of many sports if we took the line not to allow children to participate in sports, but as long as they are supervised and taught correctly, I fail to see any issue. Again what next, no chemistry experiments?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:04 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Didge wrote:

Then you have no idea there are many competitions for children with crossbows, and archery, where the bow you need more strength than a gun to use.

cyclops

CROSSBOWS are illegal in most Australian States (except WA, SA and Qld..) without special 'restricted' permits, Didgeri'...

AND don't forget my past pro-archery threads either ~ I do have three bows of my own here, inc. a couple of compounds..

AND the first bow I "shot" would have been cheap and basic fibreglass models when still primary school age.

No problems Bee, being as I have in my youth done much archery and think the bow takes greater skill than the crossbow anyway, so you agree with me then on such things being fine supervised for children, being as we were both young enjoying this sport when we first started?

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:09 am

I get all the points about shooting for sport but the pictures weren't abut that.
veya_victaous wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737205/Gun-girls-America-Innocent-faces-Pink-rifles-After-horrific-shooting-9-year-old-children-grip-nation-s-troubling-obsession.html

Lily, 6, from Louisiana, told photographer An-Sofie Kesteleyn that she was afraid of zombies

Mackenzie, 8, wants her rifle to keep her safe from the devil according to a questionnaire she completed

Eight-year-old Abbey from Ohio wants her .22 caliber rifle in case she ever has to deal with a dinosaur

None of the quotes say that the girls enjoyed shooting targets or anything sports related. They want the guns to protect them from zombies, the devil, and dinosaurs. I don't see any indication in the article that they were joking either. There was another one in there who wanted a laser sight for hers because she's afraid of sharks. This isn't about sport this is about fear and planning to shoot the things that scare them. It's not a good combination.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:02 am

@Fox
Exactly
IF it were sports shooting that would be one thing
But most of them don't want it for Sport
... and they're idiots with a suck a lack of education that it makes it highly unlikely they understand gun safety
...and anyway
Ask Quill his gun is for 'protection' Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:01 pm

jaded fox wrote:I get all the points about shooting for sport but the pictures weren't abut that.
veya_victaous wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737205/Gun-girls-America-Innocent-faces-Pink-rifles-After-horrific-shooting-9-year-old-children-grip-nation-s-troubling-obsession.html

Lily, 6, from Louisiana, told photographer An-Sofie Kesteleyn that she was afraid of zombies

Mackenzie, 8, wants her rifle to keep her safe from the devil according to a questionnaire she completed

Eight-year-old Abbey from Ohio wants her .22 caliber rifle in case she ever has to deal with a dinosaur

None of the quotes say that the girls enjoyed shooting targets or anything sports related. They want the guns to protect them from zombies, the devil, and dinosaurs. I don't see any indication in the article that they were joking either. There was another one in there who wanted a laser sight for hers because she's afraid of sharks. This isn't about sport this is about fear and planning to shoot the things that scare them. It's not a good combination.

Double veya's sentiment.  Gd. post, fox.  This is exactly the point I was making above.  It's not that it is possible to teach these children safety and good habits with guns, but that was not happening, nor was that what those pictures were all about.  As the captions made clear, no one had been teaching those children anything about guns and what they are used for.

To the contrary, the girls were being taught what I would call the hatred aspect of guns.  When those girls reach 14-15, they will have learned to substitute 'Blacks' and 'Hispanics' for 'dragons' and 'zombies'...of course, not in polite company.  But, ya know, among the good 'ol boys.

Pssst...Louisiana, been there done that.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Interesting points Bee, where again it backs my view on sport, so thanks.
My view was not on some of the gun ho practices of the US, but more on hypocritical views points I made earlier and that shooting sports should not be banned from children where it is supervised and trained.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Agreed with both of you, Bee and Didge. And Cass and I are already in agreement: you don't teach children how to shoot an UZI.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Cass wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
I pretty much agree.  I think when Veya posted those pictures, his point was the complete lack of understanding on the part of those lil girls as to what a gun was for.
As far as firearms go, a bolt action .22 as I said, is a very practical trail gun.  Going back to the OP, there is no reason a little girl needs to fire an UZI.  I understand she might have been fascinated by the UZI firearm, but if a little girl aspires to be a chemist when she grows up, you still don't give her cyanide to play with.

agreed and now she will have to bear that trauma for the rest of her life.

as to didges POV on children engaging in sports with weapons - no I don't agree with it under the age of 16 and barely at that. we don't let people marry or vote or join the armed forces or drink until older ages so I don't see why it isn't illegal to allow children access to weapons because their families think its ok. in my opinion its not and to see gun manufacturer. specifically targetting girls by painting real guns pink is just sick in my view as it would be by painting them camp for boys or whatever. Nobody would let an adult who believed in Zombies or dinosaurs have access to weapons would they?

in America...of course they would..... alien What a Face :.3chuthluL/: ::zomb:: ::rfth::

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:15 am

didge - no worries

victor. - sadly you are somewhat correct - there is no control over who buys from a private sale and some gunshows reporting procedures are somewhat lax....but that's another day another discussion.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2