NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man's inhumanity to his own species

+3
Original Quill
Fluffyx
stardesk
7 posters

Go down

Man's inhumanity to his own species Empty Man's inhumanity to his own species

Post by stardesk Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi folks. Great isn't it, sitting here in the comfort of my home, surrounded by all mod-con can offer. Supping my coffee in peace and quiet. No fears or threats of guns blasting my house to bits. And then I see the news and oh dear, how sad it is to see so many innocent children killed and/or badly wounded. My day is ruined by memories of so many conflicts, so many innocents maimed by selfish, heartless mankind. When will we learn to live in peace? Below are pictures I remembered I had, and dug out for here. They are from the Vietnam war. Nothing changes does it.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/16/28/79/26/img11514.jpg
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Man's inhumanity to his own species Empty Re: Man's inhumanity to his own species

Post by Fluffyx Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:25 pm

Nothing ever f*cking changes.

People simply don't care about other people and that never seems to alter.

Yes we sip our beverages in comfort as you say and the rest of the world is in chaos. Do people truly give a flying fig? No they do not.

My partner and I give a little to charity but even so, I am very aware that the little we are able to give will scarcely help.

You ask 'when will people learn to live in peace?'.The answer is never. People could learn to live in peace NOW if they chose but they are so Hellbent on power and control.

Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Man's inhumanity to his own species Empty Re: Man's inhumanity to his own species

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:54 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:Nothing ever f*cking changes.

Yes we sip our beverages in comfort as you say and the rest of the world is in chaos. Do people truly give a flying fig? No they do not.

My partner and I give a little to charity but even so, I am very aware that the little we are able to give will scarcely help.

You ask 'when will people learn to live in peace?'.The answer is never. People could learn to live in peace NOW if they chose but they are so Hellbent on power and control.

Right now, you are depressed, fluff.

That's like telling an alcoholic he will never get better.

Cheer up.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Frazzled Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:59 pm

Strange how sometimes the perpetrators of this sort of thing are described as 'animals'. Animals don't behave this way.
Frazzled
Frazzled
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:13 pm

Completely disagree with that, many people care about others and do so daily, as to what level is different and dependent on each individuals situation, this country being very exceptional and the way many are giving to charities in the first place. When you think about it many people are at peace and no two major powers have fought each other for decades which to me has more to do about business than it does anything else. The many powers are reliant on good economies, thus even when we see highly tensions like between say Russia and the West, neither comes close to war, because neither can afford to do so as it would send the world economy into turmoil.

Fancy that, the one thing some on the left bemoan is actually one of the biggest preventive measures from major powers going to war with each other.

It is also no good bemoaning others if you do nothing about it yourself, by this I mean if you have sacrificed your life to then spend all your time getting people on board, then fine, but the reality is you have not and in fact many people do not, so this I find unfair to be critical of others if you have not decided to sacrifice all you have to help change the world and its no good saying it will not happen as plenty of things people thought would never happened have happened. If you want to change something it is no good to wait for others, but to get up and do something about it yourself. I think the more people have to lose the less likely people are going to go to war, but I should add, there maybe a loon leader who knows all is lost and will have no qualms about bringing everyone else down with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:42 am

Didge wrote:

Completely disagree with that, many people care about others and do so daily, as to what level is different and dependent on each individuals situation, this country being very exceptional and the way many are giving to charities in the first place. When you think about it many people are at peace and no two major powers have fought each other for decades which to me has more to do about business than it does anything else. The many powers are reliant on good economies, thus even when we see highly tensions like between say Russia and the West, neither comes close to war, because neither can afford to do so as it would send the world economy into turmoil.

Fancy that, the one thing some on the left bemoan is actually one of the biggest preventive measures from major powers going to war with each other.

It is also no good bemoaning others if you do nothing about it yourself, by this I mean if you have sacrificed your life to then spend all your time getting people on board, then fine, but the reality is you have not and in fact many people do not, so this I find unfair to be critical of others if you have not decided to sacrifice all you have to help change the world and its no good saying it will not happen as plenty of things people thought would never happened have happened. If you want to change something it is no good to wait for others, but to get up and do something about it yourself. I think the more people have to lose the less likely people are going to go to war, but I should add, there maybe a loon leader who knows all is lost and will have no qualms about bringing everyone else down with them.

Excuse me, my partner and I give as much to charity as humanly possible. I'm not sure what else you would have me personally do.

Give away ALL our money so we can't pay the rent?

Don't tell me what MY reality is, thankyou very much.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:44 am

Frazzled wrote:Strange how sometimes the perpetrators of this sort of thing are described as 'animals'.  Animals don't behave this way.

Animals have more empathy and kindness of spirit.

Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:46 am

Original Quill wrote:

Right now, you are depressed, fluff.

That's like telling an alcoholic he will never get better.

Cheer up.

I am BLOODY CHEERFUL,damn it!! lol!
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:26 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Didge wrote:

Excuse me, my partner and I give as much to charity as humanly possible. I'm not sure what else you would have me personally do.

Give away ALL our money so we can't pay the rent?

Don't tell me what MY reality is, thankyou very much.

I am not talking about you giving to charity Fluffy, proving you have not read at all what I have posted.
My point is you are bemoaning people and doing little about bring about changing this. It is no good bemoaning people to do something when others are very active sacrificing their lives to do so, examples from History, Mandela, Ghandi ect.
So my point was not on you giving all your money away at ll, so please try to read correctly what I have stated, as you were bitching about many people, when as seen you are not doing exactly anything to change that. I did not question what you give to charity either, but I could also play on this point because some people work daily for charity, and thus they may see you, the same as you see others.
Thus my point is to not be so quick to judge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Tbf didge, everyone can have an opinion on something and be allowed to express it, even if they aren't active in changing things directly. We all do it.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Eilzel wrote:Tbf didge, everyone can have an opinion on something and be allowed to express it, even if they aren't active in changing things directly. We all do it.

Very True Eilzel, but as seen those judging can be easily judged also, which to those judging them and their own input would seem poor to them. My view is to be mindful of this and the reality is this country is great when it comes to helping out, you only have to look at things like Children in Need etc, thus to me it is unfair to slate a load of people when many are very generous.

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:08 pm

Last edited by stardesk on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:25 pm

@ Fluff-- lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:40 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:
Frazzled wrote:
Strange how sometimes the perpetrators of this sort of thing are described as 'animals'.  Animals don't behave this way.

Animals have more empathy and kindness of spirit.

scratch

Nonsense, Fluffy !

Your statement there is pure "anthropomorphism"..
i.e. the practice of endowing other animal species with human feelings/emotions/learned behaviours; (and vice versa..).

When the simple truth is that each species has it's own ways and means of reacting to and interacting with it's own species, their surrounding habitat, other species and the wider world..

Two more universal truths to add to  your 'biological imperatives' (e.g. sustenance, protection from adverse environmental conditions, reproduction and continuation of an individual's DNA..) :
* "Nature has no compassion !";
* "Nature is a harsh mistress.."

People who keep on peppering their statements with anthropomorphic wishful thinking really do need to get outside a bit more often...  sunny

well the counter argument is she said MORE
so it is a bit of an assumption to suggest humans do anything other than follow their 'biological imperatives' (e.g. sustenance, protection from adverse environmental conditions, reproduction and continuation of an individual's DNA..) either tongue tongue tongue tongue

they are animals but so are we Neutral
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Yeah, I do think that Bee is right.   Even "more" suggests ordinal data (three ranks of data: nominal, ordinal and ratio).  The fact is, we've never seen any anthropomorphic qualities in Nature.  Lol.  One Saturday afternoon on the Nature Channel proves that.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:Yeah, I do think that Bee is right.   Even "more" suggests ordinal data (three ranks of data: nominal, ordinal and ratio).  The fact is, we've never seen any anthropomorphic qualities in Nature.  Lol.  One Saturday afternoon on the Nature Channel proves that.

Hi Quill

Did you watch the video?

Hope you did, because it is excellent trust me.
As I say of those talking have read many of their books, which you would enjoy also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Yeah, I do think that Bee is right.   Even "more" suggests ordinal data (three ranks of data: nominal, ordinal and ratio).  The fact is, we've never seen any anthropomorphic qualities in Nature.  Lol.  One Saturday afternoon on the Nature Channel proves that.

Hi Quill

Did you watch the video?

As I say of those talking have read many of their books, which you would enjoy also.

Not yet.  I got tied up with Irn's posts down below in Misc...you know the thread I mean.  Lost track of time and got to bed three and a half hours later.  I will watch it, tho.  I consider it a valuable resource if it addresses what I think...not to be missed.

How are you this morninig?  I'm just going down the sections one-by-one.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hi Quill

Did you watch the video?

Not yet.  I got tied up with Irn's posts down below in Misc...you know the thread I mean.  Lost track of time and got to bed three and a half hours later.  I will watch it, tho.  I consider it a valuable resource if it addresses what I think...not to be missed.

How are you this morninig?  I'm just going down the sections one-by-one.

Am not bad buddy, hope you are well too?
Is interesting and better to post a video, to interest you in reading some of their books, as I say there are leading authorities on WW2. Do not get me wrong and is talked about later on the video how we all get drawn into views we see as facts where new evidence throws new lights onto history, making us rethink our previous views, me being one of them, hence why I love our debates on the topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down