NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Cat Died today

+9
harvesmom
veya_victaous
Fluffyx
nicko
Eilzel
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
Cass
groomsy
13 posters

Go down

My Cat Died today Empty My Cat Died today

Post by groomsy Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:14 am

Today was the hardest day of my life, i had to put down my best friend for the last 17 years, the last thing i had left that my mom gave me that i remember. RIP Mischevous Grooms! 1997-2014

he was fine yesterday so i dunno what happened but he knew, he came into my room about 7:30 am and started howling loudly like he was telling me to wake up and bye, he lost all of his bodily fluids and was panting like he was gasping for air, took him to the vet had him put to sleep, i looked it up and it seems like he had a heart attack
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

My Cat Died today Empty Re: My Cat Died today

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:22 am

groomsy wrote:Today was the hardest day of my life, i had to put down my best friend for the last 17 years, the last thing i had left that my mommy gave me that i remember. RIP Mischevous Grooms! 1997-2014

he was fine yesterday so i dunno what happened but he knew, he came into my room about 7:30 am and started howling loudly like he was telling me to wake up and bye, he lost all of his bodily fluids and was panting like he was gasping for air, took him to the vet had him put to sleep, i looked it up and it seems like he had a heart attack

Very sorry, grooms. xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:58 am

I'm so very sorry groomsy xx
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:31 am

Aw, poor baby. Seventeen years is long and fast bond. I'm so sorry for your loss. You get attached, I know.

Godspeed Grooms.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:56 am

Very sorry, grooms. Every time I think of losing a pet I get so sad, and my canine critters don't even live with me! And man, 17 years is so long that it's like losing a member of the family.

Light a candle and pour some tequila for Mischevous Grooms! And may he ever be honored as a member of the extended NewsFix family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebtC3ORg9fU
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:59 am

So sad, sorry to hear that groomsy.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:20 am

I know how you feel mate, I share your sorrow.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:52 am

Sorry to hear this Groomsy. It is terrible when we loose a pet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:22 am

I'm very sorry to hear that Groomsy.

Losing a pet is never easy although some people tend to trivialise it.

Take care xx
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:06 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:I'm very sorry to hear that Groomsy.

Take care xx

Like they think it does not hurt as much because it is "just an animal"?

Animals can be more loving and forgiving than any human and loosing them hurts just as much if not more.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:26 pm

sphinx wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:I'm very sorry to hear that Groomsy.

Take care xx

Like they think it does not hurt as much because it is "just an animal"?  

Animals can be more loving and forgiving than any human and loosing them hurts just as much if not more.

I actually think losing people was easier having lost animals. In some ways the childhood dog was the hardest death to take (mind you my parents and siblings are all living.. knock on wood, pray to great serpent, spin around 3 times holding your left ear  Neutral )

PS much commiserations Groomsy
I know I have expressed my general dislike for cats but Losing a pet is always sad.
17 years is pretty good for a cat isn't it? never owned one myself and the only one I knew was also 17 when it passed and it seemed very old... it was a stoners cat, laziest cat ever  :::blnt::: 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:41 pm

groomsy wrote:Today was the hardest day of my life, i had to put down my best friend for the last 17 years, the last thing i had left that my mom gave me that i remember. RIP Mischevous Grooms! 1997-2014

Groomsy Im so very sorry. x

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:11 am

veya_victaous wrote:
I know I have expressed my general dislike for cats but Losing a pet is always sad.
17 years is pretty good for a cat isn't it? never owned one myself and the only one I knew was also 17 when it passed and it seemed very old... it was a stoners cat, laziest cat ever   :::blnt::: 

he was like a kitten for 17, he had hyperthyroidism but besides that he was good, he was on pills. he was lazy but very playful with certain people.

his face was so troubling i wont forget it, struggling to get air with his tongue sticking out, just couldnt bear to let him go on any longer, its not like it was a long suffering just happened suddenly, most cats are quiet when something like this happens. and if i could of saved him, not many live much longer after a heart attack.

but he came in my room to say like goodbye or something

i have looked it up and it all points to cardiomyopathy, i am not totally sure tho.
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:32 am

groomsy wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
17 years is pretty good for a cat isn't it? never owned one myself and the only one I knew was also 17 when it passed and it seemed very old... it was a stoners cat, laziest cat ever   :::blnt::: 

he was like a kitten for 17, he had hyperthyroidism but besides that he was good, he was on pills. he was lazy but very playful with certain people.

his face was so troubling i wont forget it, struggling to get air with his tongue sticking out, just couldnt bear to let him go on any longer, its not like it was a long suffering just happened suddenly, most cats are quiet when something like this happens. and if i could of saved him, not many live much longer after a heart attack.

but he came in my room to say like goodbye or something

i have looked it up and it all points to cardiomyopathy, i am not totally sure tho.

oh sweetie....remember he wanted to be with you at the end....as hard as it is to accept you did the right thing for him....no more pain.

massive hugs xx
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:51 am

So sorry for your loss, for animal lovers it really is like losing a member of your family.

Its a horrible fact that our life span is (usually) longer than our pets, so we are going to lose them sadly, all you can do is look back and know you gave it the best life it could possibly have, and at the end made the right decision x
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:22 am

I see him in your avatar and he looks like an adorable cat. Sorry for your pain ... but it looks like he was well loved for a long time, and who can ask for better than that? Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:13 am

It's not nice to lose your pet and that happened to us a couple of years ago when both our cat and our dog died. Our cat suddenly became ill and crawled away down to the bottom of the garden and hid himself away in the bushes. I had to pick him up and take him quickly to the vet but they couldn't do anything and he just passed away in the vets. Seemingly hiding when they are ill is something they do.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:14 am

Yes he does look like a beautiful cat,very sweet. Smile 

People do seem to think losing a pet can be easily coped with but I agree with Veya, it can be heartwrenching for some as it is losing a life long companion.

Wish Groomsy all the best  I love you xxx
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:25 am

Irn Bru wrote:It's not nice to lose your pet and that happened to us a couple of years ago when both our cat and our dog died. Our cat suddenly became ill and crawled away down to the bottom of the garden and hid himself away in the bushes. I had to pick him up and take him quickly to the vet but they couldn't do anything and he just passed away in the vets. Seemingly hiding when they are ill is something they do.

This is true Irn Bru.

They go away to a quiet place to peacefully pass away which I think is very dignified and brave.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:24 pm

So sorry to hear your sad news Groomsy  Sad  I lost my cat a few years ago, he was 18.  You never stop loving and missing them but time helps  I love you 

Thinking of you My Cat Died today Hug22 xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:38 pm

Very sorry to hear this, I have lost a cat friend too.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Ah Groomsy, so sad to hear of your losing your very good friend.

Sleep peacefully now Grooms xxx
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:35 pm

This was my little guy, believe it or not he was skinny underneath all that fur.  He always grew a "mane" in the winter.  Still miss him I love you x

My Cat Died today 00510

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:12 am

feelthelove wrote:This was my little guy, believe it or not he was skinny underneath all that fur.  He always grew a "mane" in the winter.  Still miss him I love you x

My Cat Died today 00510

Aww.FTL he was beautiful! xx

I'm sure you do miss him, at least he lived a happy life and was much loved.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:15 am

A beautiful cat ftl, a real shame his gone.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:53 am

Sorry to hear about you cat. My guy died at 19. It took a while to get over it. Still miss him now.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Thanks Nicko and Fluffy, it was his time and he'd had a lovely life.  Still catch him out of the corner of my eye sitting at the patio door wanting to come in.

Strange how your mind plays tricks on you  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:55 pm

feelthelove wrote:This was my little guy, believe it or not he was skinny underneath all that fur.  He always grew a "mane" in the winter.  Still miss him I love you x

My Cat Died today 00510

besides the colorings thats mischief, was he a domestic long hair? mischief looked fat because all of his hair, when he got hyperthyroidism he looked skinnier even on pills, was yours a troublemaker too?
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Hey groomsy I have something in common with your cat!
I have hyperthyroidism (Graves' disease) too x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:53 am

groomsy wrote:

My Cat Died today 00510

besides the  colorings thats mischief, was he a domestic long hair? mischief looked fat because all of his hair, when he got hyperthyroidism he looked skinnier even on pills, was yours a troublemaker too?

Yes he was Groomsy, we adopted him from the RSPCA as a kitten. He used to get into all kinds of trouble but as he got older he was content lounging around in our garden and sharing a bed with my little dog Max I love you x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down