NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British man fakes his own death to avoid upcoming marriage

5 posters

Go down

British man fakes his own death to avoid upcoming marriage Empty British man fakes his own death to avoid upcoming marriage

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:15 am

Wedding season is upon us. It's understandable that some people get cold feet, but this guy went to extremes to avoid getting married — by faking his own death.
Tucker Blandford, 23, met his bride-to-be, Alex Lanchester, in August 2012 at a college in Connecticut. They hit it off and quickly fell in love.

Lanchester, from the United Kingdom, was studying abroad for a year. When that year was up, they shared a tearful goodbye at the airport, where Blandford got down on one knee and proposed.

They were to be married on Aug. 15. Lanchester spent over $1,000 on wedding invitations, the photographer, the wedding dress, and other preparations. Blandford even booked a venue on the campus where they had met.

Then one day Lanchester got a phone call from a man identifying himself as Tucker's "dad," saying his son had been depressed and had "thrown himself in front of a car," ending his life.

Devastated, she called Tucker's mother to offer condolences. Tucker's mother told Lanchester that her son was in fact alive and well.

Tucker later admitted that he had impersonated his father on the call. He told a reporter at the UK's Daily Mail: "I'm a terrible, awful person. I know I shouldn't have told her I was dead, but I didn't know what else to do. Alex is an amazing girl, but I got scared and wanted to get out of the relationship."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/man-fakes-own-death-to-avoid-upcoming-wedding-200831697.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

British man fakes his own death to avoid upcoming marriage Empty Re: British man fakes his own death to avoid upcoming marriage

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:35 am

Fook dude...just say no. I've done it. There's a little pissy-tiff, and then be prepared to part ways (most people don't want to continue after the 'no' word).

It's a hell of a lot better than what he did the that poor girl.

(A thousand bucks for invitations???)

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

British man fakes his own death to avoid upcoming marriage Empty Re: British man fakes his own death to avoid upcoming marriage

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:21 pm

I think she is well out of that one what a spineless little man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Nems wrote:I think she is well out of that one what a spineless little man.

And look at what he's done to her:

"Hi, I'm Alex Lanchester."

"Alex Lanchester, that sounds familiar."

"Um ..."

"You're the woman a man faked his own death to get out of marrying!"
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

"Um ..."

Cruel, selfish and as Nems has said spineless  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:05 am

if he had real balls he would've done it like a real man.

her heart may be broken and she is humiliated but she is the lucky one at end of the day, to not have to see him bail out when life/marriage gets hard.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:37 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

"Um ..."

I don't think it would matter, as it does seem he is just a softcock

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down