NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two journalists arrested for documenting Ferguson protests

4 posters

Go down

Two journalists arrested for documenting Ferguson protests Empty Two journalists arrested for documenting Ferguson protests

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:37 am

A veteran photographer for Getty Images was arrested in Ferguson by Missouri Highway Patrol on Monday. Scott Olson took photographs of protestors chanting "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" that have become iconic in across the nation. According to another journalist on the scene he was detained for "not getting out of the way fast enough when ordered." Law enforcement has arrested at least eight protestors for failure to disperse, including a 90-year-old Holocaust survivor.

“Here in the United States of America, police should not be bullying or arresting journalists who are just trying to do their jobs,” Obama said after the arrest of two national journalists last week.

Earlier Monday, a new eyewitness who recorded footage of Michael Brown on her phone says he was chased down by officer Darren Wilson. Piaget Crenshaw has come forward with her account of the immediate events prior to Brown's murder. “I knew the police shouldn't have been chasing this young boy and firing at the same time,” she says. According to her, Wilson looked like he was trying to pull Brown into the police car. She said it “upset the officer” that Brown got away, and he began firing at him. By her account, when one of the bullets grazed Brown's arm, he turned around and “then he was shot multiple times.” She described how after Brown was lying dead on the street, “Wilson looks baffled, like 'What have I just done?'”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/08/18/new-eyewitness-cop-chased-after-brown.html

A few things -- this shows how Obama is powerless to just step in and put an end to this. It shows how far police have gotten out of hand in arresting (and intimidating) peaceful protesters. And the observation of how the officer reacted after it seemed to hit him what he'd done -- very sad and human.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Two journalists arrested for documenting Ferguson protests Empty Re: Two journalists arrested for documenting Ferguson protests

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:42 am

Come off it!!!

Peaceful protesters don't smash up and loot shops, they don't throw rocks and firebombs at police and certainly don't shoot at them.

If the police weren't there at all then this robbing and looting would be everywhere there and There would be lots more violence and damage against the rest of the local citizens.

Then the police would be strongly criticized for not being there.

So they are there trying to keep some sort of order and prevent things getting way out of control and they are criticized for doing that.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Two journalists arrested for documenting Ferguson protests Empty Re: Two journalists arrested for documenting Ferguson protests

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:09 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Come off it!!!

Peaceful protesters don't smash up and loot shops, they don't throw rocks and firebombs at police and certainly don't shoot at them.

If the police weren't there at all then this robbing and looting would be everywhere there and There would be lots more violence and damage against the rest of the local citizens.

Then the police would be strongly criticized for not being there.

So they are there trying to keep some sort of order and prevent things getting way out of control and they are criticized for doing that.

Peaceful protesters weren't doing the looting. The looters were from out-of-town according to NBC News...about 125 of them only, taking advantage of all the turmoil.

The governor has called in the National Guard. Apparently the police presence, with their tanks and velcro and their war shit, is aggravating the situation. Not that the NG doesn't have all that shit too, but they didn't kill the kid.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lone Wolf Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:09 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:.................

A few things -- this shows how Obama is powerless to just step in and put an end to this. It shows how far police have gotten out of hand in arresting (and intimidating) peaceful protesters. And the observation of how the officer reacted after it seemed to hit him what he'd done -- very sad and human.

What a Face 

WHILE the issue of "State Rights" is often proudly put forward as a cornerstone of the American system of democracy ~ a lot of international observers and commentators over the past 40 or 50 years have also been pointing out that this same grossly excessive states rights (where the states of the USA can be seen to have far more powers and independence, than the equivalent state governments in Australia, Canada, India or Indonesia might have, by comparison..) is often proving to be a roadblock to America developing a truly open and free representational model of a fair and balanced "democratic" system.
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:31 am

The Feds are involved now. No more state's right boolsheit.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:45 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:.................

What a Face 

WHILE the issue of "State Rights" is often proudly put forward as a cornerstone of the American system of democracy ~ a lot of international observers and commentators over the past 40 or 50 years have also been pointing out that this same grossly excessive states rights (where the states of the USA can be seen to have far more powers and independence, than the equivalent state governments in Australia, Canada, India or Indonesia might have, by comparison..) is often proving to be a roadblock to America developing a truly open and free representational model of a fair and balanced "democratic" system.  

States' rights is dog-whistle code here for "racist policies." To whit:

"You start out in 1954 by saying, "n---er, n---er, n---er." By 1968 you can't say "n---er" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "n---er, n---er."

-- Lee Atwater, life-long Republican strategist (served under Reagan and George H.W. Bush)

By the way, on his deathbed, Atwater wrote:

"My illness helped me to see that what was missing in society is what was missing in me: a little heart, a lot of brotherhood. The '80s were about acquiring — acquiring wealth, power, prestige. I know. I acquired more wealth, power, and prestige than most. But you can acquire all you want and still feel empty. What power wouldn't I trade for a little more time with my family? What price wouldn't I pay for an evening with friends? It took a deadly illness to put me eye to eye with that truth, but it is a truth that the country, caught up in its ruthless ambitions and moral decay, can learn on my dime. I don't know who will lead us through the '90s, but they must be made to speak to this spiritual vacuum at the heart of American society, this tumor of the soul."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:18 pm

Yes, you can recognize the words of Lee Atwater anywhere. He should be as well-known by now as Dr. Martin Luther King.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down