NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robin Williams dead from apparent suicide

+5
gerber
Lone Wolf
Eilzel
Cass
eddie
9 posters

Go down

Robin Williams dead from apparent suicide  Empty Robin Williams dead from apparent suicide

Post by Guest Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:58 pm

just heard on sky news

i am shocked and very very saddened

Robin Williams dead from apparent suicide  Index16

more to follow

Last edited by Korben_Dallas on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Robin Williams dead from apparent suicide  Empty Re: Robin Williams dead from apparent suicide

Post by Guest Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:59 pm

Beloved actor Robin Williams died at the age of 63 on Monday, authorities have confirmed.

Police were the first to confirm the death of Williams, who was discovered “unconscious and not breathing inside his residence” in Tiburon, California.

“The Sheriff’s Office Coroner Divison suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia,” the police report says.

An investigation into his death is now underway.

In July the actor had checked himself into rehab.

Williams is best known for roles in Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, Aladdin, and Jumanji.

More recently, the actor starred on CBS’ The Crazy Ones.

Developing… more soon.

Back to top Go down

Robin Williams dead from apparent suicide  Empty Re: Robin Williams dead from apparent suicide

Post by eddie Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:09 am

Wow! How terrible....
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:11 am

eddie wrote:Wow! How terrible....
isn`t it i am completely gob smacked
one actor i really loved

@ben
can we start a condolences section please

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:14 am

Korben_Dallas wrote:
eddie wrote:Wow! How terrible....
isn`t it i am completely gob smacked
one actor i really loved

@ben
can we start a condolences section please

Great idea KD x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:16 am

I've requested it in mod section KD x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:20 am

eddie wrote:I've requested it in mod section KD x
Thanks ED
i am more upset than i can believe
Literally on the edge of tears

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:22 am

Me too! Dead Poets Society, Good Morning Vietnam, so many and was engrossing when he just talked. Can't believe it. RIP Mork x

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:37 am

they say it could be suicide and that he'd been battling severe depression.

this is one of the reasons I loved his work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4

RIP Dude xx
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:40 am

A simply amazing man Cass, it's so, so sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:51 am

Oh God no.... no no no...

WHY??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:53 am

I think he was one of those comic geniuses who underneath are tortured souls, and genius he was in so many ways Lovey x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:10 am

"Genius" is right... How sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:26 am

It is a real shock, I'm pretty gutted about this. Williams was one of the big figures of my childhood, I grew up watching Mrs Doubtfire, Jumanji, Aladdin (still one of my favourite films of all time), Flubber and especially Hook, which I would still leave on in I came across in flicking channels.

And his role in Good Will Hunting was sublime.

What an icon. Will be greatly missed x
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Eilzel Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:30 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Surprised   WHAT A SHOCKER it was to wake up to this news on the radio this morning !

HE wasn't very old at all, at just 63 - but then again, hadn't seen anything from him in a while.. Just shows what a toll addictive substance abuse and possibly depression can have on even the funniest of people.

WHILE a lot of people will reference 'Mrs Doubtfire' among his "successes", I have to strongly disagree ~ that totally unfunny and visually ugly pile of horseshit had to be the bottom of his comedy career !

GOOD Morning Vietnam, and the more serious Dead Poets' Society and Good Will Hunting are the movies that I consider to be among the peak achievements of his work..

R.I.P.  Mork..    jocolor

Well many would disagree, certainly my 9 year old self would have.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:26 am

Terrible news  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:33 am

Have just woken up and read the news. I am in shock. Cant find words.

RIP.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:42 am

Blimey.

Loved his films.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:44 am

his wife confirmed it earlier, i read he did infact hung himself
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:00 am

Well I wasn't a fan of any of his films if I'm truly honest, not due to him personally - or his acting which I can appreciate was superb - but because he never made any film I fancied watching.
Still, he was a massive icon to many, a regular face on TV and a comic genius to millions.

I hope he has found peace x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:07 pm

What a terrible loss. I loved him to bits. I cant think of one film of his I didnt really enjoy.
Im really saddened by this. I know he struggled long with mental illness and addictions but to feel he had to do that is so so sad.
Thank you Robin for Mork and for Adrian Cronauer and for Parry and for them all. Truly a genius.
RIP
Nanu Nanu xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:48 pm

I think it was his character and voice shining through on animated films I will remember most. He really was one in a million. Such a tragedy.

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:09 pm

i enjoyed every film he has been in, Good Morning Vietnam, Aladdin, Toys, Bicentennial Man, Night at the Museum, One Hour Photo, World's Greatest Dad just to name some
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:18 pm

Brilliant in Aladdin  I love you  and Mork and Mindy was one of my favourite shows as a child, I hope he's at peace  Sad x

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:07 am

groomsy wrote:i enjoyed every film he has been in, Good Morning Vietnam, Aladdin, Toys, Bicentennial Man, Night at the Museum, One Hour Photo, World's Greatest Dad just to name some

Yep most definitely.

very few actors can make even bad movies enjoyable like he did.

Robin Williams dead from apparent suicide  Tumblr_lqkfltQDfF1qhbmheo3_400
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:05 am

im torn, its like he was one of my favs ever but also i dont care to hear about it every couple of minutes from the media, not trying to sound mean

by what i hear he was a great and awesome guy but why do this to your kids and wife? my mother died almost 2 years ago and it still pains me, but to think it was suicide would hurt so much more, i understand he battled depression forever, i cant say anymore really as i i know what depression can do to people i've seen it but i just hope he didnt think noone loved him or got joy from him
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:16 am

groomsy wrote:im torn, its like he was one of my favs ever but also i dont care to hear about it every couple of minutes from the media, not trying to sound mean

by what i hear he was a great and awesome guy but why do this to your kids and wife? my mother died almost 2 years ago and it still pains me, but to think it was suicide would hurt so much more, i understand he battled depression forever, i cant say anymore really as i i know what depression can do to people i've seen it but i just hope he didnt think noone loved him or got joy from him
I agree and i am sure his family would as well this amount of repeated (no new information)coverage is akin to vulctures picking over a corps

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:17 am

http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2014/08/13/09/26/ape-saddened-to-learn-of-robin-williams-death

A great ape that communicates through sign language was saddened to learn of the death of comedian Robin Williams, who the primate met ten years ago.

The recently deceased Oscar winner met Koko at the Gorilla Foundation in Woodside, California in 2004 and the pair hit it off, tickling one another and embracing in a touching encounter that was captured on film.

When news broke of the 63-year-old actor's untimely death the foundation's president and Koko's foster mother Dr Penny Patterson communicated the tragic news to Koko using sign language.

The animal, which knows more than 1000 signs, reportedly signed the words for "woman" and "crying".

"Koko was quiet and looked very thoughtful," the foundation said in a press release.

"Koko became very sombre, with her head bowed and her lip quivering."

Williams described his encounter with Koko as "unforgettable" and later filmed a public service announcement with the ape to raise awareness of environmental threats to the species.
Robin Williams dead from apparent suicide  1308_koko1_sp
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:41 am

Robin Williams passed away on August 11, 2014. This is Marc’s conversation with Robin from April 26, 2010, as well as Marc’s reflections about the great comedian and actor.
http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/remembering_robin_williams
Very poignant

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:01 am

Robin Williams dead from apparent suicide  Bu4jouiCQAAYfrF

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/robin-williams-lego-tribute-is-awesome/story-fn907478-1227024011829

Jay Ong, from Warrugal in country Victoria, was so devastated by the comedian’s tragic death, he felt compelled to immortalise him in the famous coloured bricks.

“I was pretty devastated when I heard the news, as soon as I got home from work I rummaged through my Lego collection to see what I could do to recreate some of my favourite Robin Williams characters,” he told news.com.au.

“I’ve got a decent sized collection of Lego, it’s just a matter of picking out the right parts and iconic characters”.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:36 am

I hope the news of Robin Willliams tragic suicide helps raise awareness about the severity of clinical depression and that it is not something that can be swept under the carpet,nor can sufferers merely 'pull themselves together'. This was a gentleman who possessed immense talent,fame and fortune and that was not enough to keep depression at bay.

I did not personally enjoy his comedy but thought he was a very talented actor nonetheless. His performance in Dead poets Society was emotive and his creepy stalker in One Minute Photo was deliciously sinister. He was lovely in Good Will Hunting, and made the character he played very endearing. He was the wise but wounded sage.

R.I.P Robin x
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:06 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:I hope the news of Robin Willliams tragic suicide helps raise awareness about the severity of clinical depression and that it is not something that can be swept under the carpet,nor can sufferers merely 'pull themselves together'. This was a gentleman who possessed immense talent,fame and fortune and that was not enough to keep depression at bay.

I did not personally enjoy his comedy but thought he was a very talented actor nonetheless. His performance in Dead poets Society was emotive and his creepy stalker in One Minute Photo was deliciously sinister. He was lovely in Good Will Hunting, and made the character he played very endearing. He was the wise but wounded sage.

R.I.P Robin x

Obviously didn't have the benefit of a shrink.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:08 pm

Mind you, at least he stayed off 'damaging' forums. Imagine if he hadn't.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:37 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Mind you, at least he stayed off 'damaging' forums.   Imagine if he hadn't.

This thread is not about me,its about the actor Robin Williams.

Try and keep your obsession regarding me to your bullying forum,whoever you are. Your sneaky immature digs are not appropriate on this thread.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:50 pm

Still can't believe this news. He was a lovely, lovely man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:48 pm

Robin Williams 'had Parkinson's'

Robin Williams was suffering from the early stages of Parkinson's disease at the time of his death, his wife has said.

Susan Schneider said her husband had been sober but "not yet ready to share publicly" his struggles with Parkinson's.

She added that he had also been suffering from anxiety and depression.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28796277

Poor man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Sassy wrote:Robin Williams 'had Parkinson's'

Robin Williams was suffering from the early stages of Parkinson's disease at the time of his death, his wife has said.

Susan Schneider said her husband had been sober but "not yet ready to share publicly" his struggles with Parkinson's.

Poor man

Seems his mental stability was not good eh Sassy? You know, like the insult you hurled at me the other day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:53 pm

Nems wrote:

Poor man

Seems his mental stability was not good eh Sassy? You know, like the insult you hurled at me the other day.

Oh grow up you vindicitive idiot and stop showing I was right..

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Poor man

It all got too much.

I feel so sorry for his wife and children also.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:56 pm

"Robin Williams was suffering from the early stages of Parkinson's disease at the time of his death, his wife has said."

Suddenly it all makes sense, Robin already suffered with depression and anxiety.  I wonder if he would have taken his own life at this time if he'd been confident that when life became intolerable he had control of his own destiny  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:46 am

The Aussie comedian took aim at the controversial American Church on his UK talk show after the group threatened to picket Robin Williams’ memorial service.

Just days after the Mrs Doubtfire star died, the church announced on their Twitter page that “Robin Williams is in hell” for playing several gay characters in films and for supporting the US troops.

But on his TV show The Last Leg, Hills unleashed an epic rant at the Church, suggesting they go after more deserving targets than Williams.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:06 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

The Aussie comedian took aim at the controversial American Church on his UK talk show after the group threatened to picket Robin Williams’ memorial service.

Just days after the Mrs Doubtfire star died, the church announced on their Twitter page that “Robin Williams is in hell” for playing several gay characters in films and for supporting the US troops.

But on his TV show The Last Leg, Hills unleashed an epic rant at the Church, suggesting they go after more deserving targets than Williams.

Wow. I really thought they couldn't sink any lower.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Good on ya Adam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down