NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read any good books lately?

3 posters

Go down

Read any good books lately? Empty Read any good books lately?

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:34 am

I just finished Lexicon by Max Barry, and it was a good read but not my favorite book by Barry (who I might never have heard of if it wasn't for the "Nation States" craze that consumed Shortnews.com briefly and years ago).

Next up in my queue are the new one by Neil Gaiman, can't remember the name offhand, and "Homeland" by Corey Doctorow, who I never would have heard of if I hadn't uploaded some of my own fiction writing (Embarassed) into an engine that is supposed to tell you who you write like and it told me I write like him.

Anybody read anything good lately? I need a constant queue of upcoming books to read in order to function properly, and I don't want it to be all Star Wars EU stuff ...

BTW:

Read any good books lately? Star-wars-expanded-universe1-620x355__span

Fair warning, if they make any of the EU books into movies, who thinks it's a fair bet that the Twilight chick ends up cast as Jaina Solo (fourth from right)?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Read any good books lately? Empty Re: Read any good books lately?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:50 pm

The famous five was good and i think it was by Enid Blyton Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:03 pm

I have been Reading Benard Cornwall recently, just started the King Arthur trilogy. All his stuff is really good. historical action adventure.

http://www.bernardcornwell.net/

and I'm so excited (just saw on web site), new Uther Book comign soon Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Warlord Saxon Chronicles is probably my favorite series of books, Uther the lead charater is Awesome

I just finished reading 1356 and it was very good, 4th book after the holy grail trilogy.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:38 pm

"How to Create a Mind" by Ray Kurzweil

Really interesting read.
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down