NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best I Pod to buy?

5 posters

Go down

Best I Pod to buy? Empty Best I Pod to buy?

Post by harvesmom Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:43 pm

I have nooo idea how these things work, but if I want to buy an I pod just to play music which is the best one?

Been having a look on Amazon and am  :asbluras:  They play games, I don't want to play games, they measure how far you have run (WTF, has hell frozen over!!) All I want is one I can (easily) download some toons on and play music at home, without ear phones (will I need separate speakers??)

Thanks in advance  :asdjas: 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Best I Pod to buy? Empty Re: Best I Pod to buy?

Post by eddie Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:48 pm

Harves, if I were you I'd buy an iPad instead - an iPad mini perhaps?
They play music and you can also go online - the screen is bigger than an iPod.

I have an iPod air which is so light and I love it!

I think iPods are not worth it for the same price you can get an iPod?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:57 am

It all depends. If you're really just seeking something basic, I'd actually go with one the teeny weeny players from Sanza. They're cheap, they work well and if you have or obtain a decent set of headphones, they sound pretty good, too. You can also easily plug them into a speaker dock. You're going to want one or the other, because there really isn't a player with built-in speakers that sound good, unless you're looking at a different contraption altogether, something more like this Philips GoGear ShoqBox:

Best I Pod to buy? PSS115_17-IMS-global?wid=225&hei=225&$jpglarge$

Personally I'd go with a portable mp3 player you can attach to a dock; I have a dock like this one:

Best I Pod to buy? Sound-Logic-72-4912-Bluetooth-iTower-Speaker

... that sits discretely in one corner of my living room and sounds great.

My mp3 player of choice is actually the Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2. It's been discontinued but they're still for sale online. It does play games, surf the web, etc. (it's the Android iPod Touch) but the best best best best BEST thing about this mp3 player is that unlike the vast majority of players, when the battery finally won't hold a charge anymore, you can actually pop the back off and put a brand-new battery in all by your lonesome, without needing any special tools.

I have performed battery-replacement surgery on an actual iPod (made by Apple, a 10-year-old mini version) and it was tough and I needed special tools. There was even one part that I literally had to finish what I was doing within 90 seconds; I guess it would explode or something if I took too long. Smile

Also, my Galaxy Player has expandable memory; I've got about 30 gigs of music on it now.

Hope this helps!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:00 am

Oh, and on getting songs -- if you go the Apple iPod route, you'll have access to the iTunes store, which will let you buy thousands of DRM-protected songs that will only play on Apple products.

Otherwise, I would recommend Amazon mp3 downloads, which you can copy onto as many players as you please, or if you go the Android route you'll get the Google Play store for downloading songs (which aren't DRM protected).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:28 am

I do want something really basic Ben, I usually listen to the radio myself, I don't buy CDs because for one I don't like albums, I rarely like more than one or two tracks on them, and another once I have listened to it a couple of times I get bored.

It started when I had a BBQ for my moms birthday last Thursday, we have this advert for National Coaches where David Soul is singing Silver Lady and she was asking me to find the track  lol! I did, on you tube but the quality is crap on my laptop! Plus the sound won't go up very high.

So I literally just want something I can download to easily and quickly, for just occasional use. I never considered an MP3 player, but you are right, I just looked on Amazon and I can get a decent one and speakers for 100 quid ish or less.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:07 am

harvesmom wrote:I do want something really basic Ben, I usually listen to the radio myself, I don't buy CDs because for one I don't like albums, I rarely like more than one or two tracks on them, and another once I have listened to it a couple of times I get bored.

It started when I had a BBQ for my moms birthday last Thursday, we have this advert for National Coaches where David Soul is singing Silver Lady and she was asking me to find the track  lol! I did, on you tube but the quality is crap on my laptop! Plus the sound won't go up very high.

So I literally just want something I can download to easily and quickly, for just occasional use. I never considered an MP3 player, but you are right, I just looked on Amazon and I can get a decent one and speakers for 100 quid ish or less.

Might be worth it just to grab a Sanza, a speaker dock and two-way 3.5 audio cable (very cheap on Amazon) to connect the two, that set-up sounds like it would work fine for you.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:57 am

Ben you're right about apple products though (my brother says Apple is the work of the devil lol) as you do have to stick to apple iTunes but Spotify is brilliant!

@Harves whatever you do download Spotify!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:29 pm

Well for sheer value for money, if it's just a music player you're after, it has to be the Classic, which is beautiful craftsmanship and has more storage than you'll ever need.

£199 for 160GB

The others - well, the Touch has 32GB for that price.

As you said, it's music you're interested in and the Classic is the one that gives you that, and it is truly stunning!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:35 am

Quick easy just go a no name brand MP3 player
IF you just want music it is the cheapest easiest

most just operate like a USB drive you plug them in transfer you MP3 music
then you can play them when out and about. most you can connect speakers instead of headphones as well.

You wont get the fancy docks like Ben has but its a $20-$30 solution instead of a $100+

Component Quality is much of a muchness in these simple devices

If you don't need to carry your whole music library 4GB - 8GB is plenty
From under $20

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=cheap+Mp3+players&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=aF_MU8aYJ5Oi8wW5xYCgDg&gws_rd=ssl#channel=sb&q=cheap+Mp3+players&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&safe=active&tbm=shop
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:10 am

True, all your photos and videos can be viewed on the Classic, but it's screen is rather small.

And yes, others are cheaper, but if it isn't an iPod, it isn't an iPod!

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:41 am

Thanks all, Veya that is really all I want, something cheapish for occasional use, although maybe something with a bigger screen, as long as I buy something with decent sound quality I can plug in speakers as I know some of them aren't very loud!

So if I got something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-32GB-3rd-Generation-MP3-Music-Media-Player-FM-Radio-Video-LCD-Screen-Games-/290890410847?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3Players&hash=item43ba6b6b5f

I assume I could buy speakers like this for it yes?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-USB-DANCING-WATER-LED-MUSIC-FOUNTAIN-SPEAKERS-LAPTOP-MP3-/261364291194?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_AudioDocks_Speakers&hash=item3cda86967a

O and Edds, whats spotify  Neutral 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:47 am

BigAndy9 wrote:True, all your photos and videos can  be viewed on the Classic, but it's screen is rather small.

And yes, others are cheaper, but if it isn't an iPod, it isn't an iPod!

Have to admit it's Apple for me, I have an iPod Touch which I have had for some time now.  64GB, plenty big enough for my expanding collection Best I Pod to buy? Music_10

Hubby has the Classic but complains as it weighs his shorts down, it's heavier than the smaller versions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:19 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Have to admit it's Apple for me, I have an iPod Touch which I have had for some time now.  64GB, plenty big enough for my expanding collection Best I Pod to buy? Music_10

Hubby has the Classic but complains as it weighs his shorts down, it's heavier than the smaller versions.

Shocked 

I wouldn't carry an iPod/mp3, tablet or iPhone/mobile phone in my shorts pockets !!!    pale

That's why belts and pouches were invented..

Best I Pod to buy? Giggle43 I tuck mine into my bikini Bee, don't faint now Best I Pod to buy? No_fai22 x

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:53 pm

harvesmom wrote:Thanks all, Veya that is really all I want, something cheapish for occasional use, although maybe something with a bigger screen, as long as I buy something with decent sound quality I can plug in speakers as I know some of them aren't very loud!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-32GB-3rd-Generation-MP3-Music-Media-Player-FM-Radio-Video-LCD-Screen-Games-/290890410847?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3Players&hash=item43ba6b6b5f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-USB-DANCING-WATER-LED-MUSIC-FOUNTAIN-SPEAKERS-LAPTOP-MP3-/261364291194?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_AudioDocks_Speakers&hash=item3cda86967a

Yeah you should be able to on any. the only thing you got to check is that the speakers plug is the same as the headphones one... make sure you don't pick up one of the apple branded ones as they have a propriety plug that doesn't fit in anything else  No 
Most of the no name brands still use the 3.5mm audio jack like the original walkmans so there are plenty of accessories, just in various brands.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:15 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
harvesmom wrote:Thanks all, Veya that is really all I want, something cheapish for occasional use, although maybe something with a bigger screen, as long as I buy something with decent sound quality I can plug in speakers as I know some of them aren't very loud!

Yeah you should be able to on any. the only thing you got to check is that the speakers plug is the same as the headphones one... make sure you don't pick up one of the apple branded ones as they have a propriety plug that doesn't fit in anything else  No 
Most of  the no name brands still use the 3.5mm audio jack like the original walkmans so there are plenty of accessories, just in various brands.

Well I ordered the speakers anyway, I got distracted by the thought of coloured dancing water  Laughing I'll find something to fit them when they come!

harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:26 pm

Wow! I love them would they fit my laptop?!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:28 pm

harvesmom wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Most of  the no name brands still use the 3.5mm audio jack like the original walkmans so there are plenty of accessories, just in various brands.

Well I ordered the speakers anyway, I got distracted by the thought of coloured dancing  water  Laughing I'll find something to fit them when they come!

they looked like laptop speakers so you should find something  Razz Razz Razz 

::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:29 pm

Nems wrote:Wow! I love them would they fit my laptop?!

cheers  They are great aren't they . I bet they would, I am going to buy something to fit them anyway, I need them in my life  Cool 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:30 pm

harvesmom wrote:

cheers  They are great aren't they . I bet they would, I am going to buy something to fit them anyway, I need them in my life  Cool 

they will match my LED wine cooler beautifully  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:31 pm

Spotify is a kind of free Internet radio, by the way. I prefer Pandora, but it might just be because that's the one I've become the most familiar with.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:41 pm

Is it free in the UK as well? I googled it earlier and it said 30 day free trial and then 9.99 a month. I was probably looking at the wrong thing though!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:21 am

harvesmom wrote:

They look cool but I don't think they'll give a very good sound lol
I bought a really cheap CD player to take training With me and and it cost £29:99 and the sound is crap
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:23 am

eddie wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

I bought a really cheap CD player to take training With me and and it cost £29:99 and the sound is crap

I don't care what they sound like  cheers 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:27 am

harvesmom wrote:Is it free in the UK as well? I googled it earlier and it said 30 day free trial and then 9.99 a month. I was probably looking at the wrong thing though!

That I don't know -- I've never paid for it, though. I think here we have a free version with ads and a premium ad-free version, like a lot of apps.

... just looked it up and found this:

After the trial, Spotify had a listening limit of 10 hours per month, divided into 2.5-hour weekly portions (unused hours carry over).[42] The only locations exempt from this rule are Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, and the United States.

I have this policy about not paying for Internet radio, though -- there should be free options. It turns out you don't have Pandora in the UK at all, backward little island, but this link might help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_on-demand_streaming_music_services
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:27 am

harvesmom wrote:
eddie wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

You're breaking my heart ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:32 am

eddie wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

MP3 player quality varies far less as there are less components and not the greater cost/quality ratio of laser components needed for Disc players.  Wink 

In MP3 players you can get a real cheapie and buy Decent headphones and it will sound fine.  Surprised 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:35 am

can you guys get unearthed or double J

I don't know if it will let you outside Australia ?

http://doublej.net.au/

https://www.triplejunearthed.com/
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:38 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

You're breaking my heart ...

I'm a bimbo, what can I tell ya... its the advantage of not having a man in the house, sod the sound quality, it looks good  Basketball 

Looked at that link you posted, no wonder I live in a total state of confusion where technology is concerned ... all I know is I downloaded Napster to an old laptop once and it took me months to get rid of it  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:47 am

veya_victaous wrote:can you guys get unearthed or double J

The first link won't let me listen to anything, but the triplejunearthed one will  Smile 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:51 am

harvesmom wrote:

The first link won't let me listen to anything, but the triplejunearthed one will  Smile 

Hey, if you want to listen to music by Australians, this track is all you need:

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:55 am

Yeah thanks Ben got a bit of a headache now....have you got anything by Westlife  lol! 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:06 am

harvesmom wrote:Yeah thanks Ben got a bit of a headache now....have you got anything by Westlife  lol! 

Oh Jesus, God, Buddha, Allah, no!!!!! Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:07 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

Hey, if you want to listen to music by Australians, this track is all you need:

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 

Some American Chick Lying about being from Australia  pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat 

here is a Actual Female Rapper from Sydney
https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist/skyhigh

Notice the Voice... dis biatch aint noes 'merican!!! SidKnee all they way Biatchezz!!!!
 ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout::  ::rockout:: 

'look at me now' has some good rhymes

Sky’high (real name Skhai Gerrey) sights Scottish, Aboriginal and Fijian roots and describes herself as a “True blue Aussie through and through”. Her grandmother was an original “go-go” dancer in Sydney’s notorious Kings Cross and her mother ran strip clubs/pubs so the nightclub scene
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:22 am

Here's a cleanser that will get that Iggy out of your ears:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:05 am

Anyway an update on my music problem... my water dancing LED speakers came today (yayyy) and after several hours of plugging things into the wrong bits I got them working. They are brilliant!!! And also they make my laptop sound a hell of a lot better quality.

And I just discovered I can download toons to my laptop, so problem solved for 12 quid  Cool 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:14 am

Harves is now :asdjas: 
 ::ftlcheer:: ::ftlcheer:: ::ftlcheer:: ::ftlcheer:: 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:19 am

I am ! I just played Bens toon up there ^^^ on them, the water was going mad  cheers 

Talk about simple things pleasing simple minds hahaha.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum