NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES)

+3
Ben Reilly
eddie
Cass
7 posters

Go down

Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Empty Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES)

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:39 pm

• Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Slide_358643_3986666_freeJamieRussell / BNPS
    Lightning as seen from the Isle of Wight during last night's storm

• Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Slide_358643_3986405_freeAlex Lawrence ‏@The_Whitewall
    '#brighton #storm #lightning #sussex going to try get back to sleep now... '

• Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Slide_358643_3986551_free@thelegolawman
    A lightning strike captured at 3am in Swansea by @thelegolawman

• Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Slide_358643_3985955_free@unclepindy
    'There's a little #storm going on at #fistral beach in #newquay right now… ' #lightning #pewpew #thunder #ouch via @unclepindy who is a self confessed atmospheric electricity fanatic.

• Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Slide_358643_3986014_freeRex
    Lightning in the skies as an electric storm passes over London, Britain

• Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Slide_358643_3986016_free@justinstokes_
    'Just woke up and photographed this #thunderandlightning #canarywharf'

• Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Slide_358643_3985963_free@bigfug
    'Insane lightning #storm over #Brighton Marina' via @bigfug

• Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Slide_358643_3985995_free@kernownelly
    'Awesome lightning display over mounts bay #cornwall #penzance' @kernownelly

• Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Slide_358643_3985996_free@kernownelly
    'Lovely bit of electrical activity over mounts bay tonight @CornwaII'

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/07/18/thunder--lightning-erupt-britain-heatwave-warnings-remain-pictures_n_5598144.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Empty Re: Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES)

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:45 pm

wow fantastic pics , nothing on our coast though and it isn't a heat wave either

Back to top Go down

Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Empty Re: Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES)

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:48 pm

That fist picture from the Isle of Wight is awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:48 pm

wow that is what it is like here.....never knew the UK to have anything like that....cheers
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:41 pm

The thunder woke me up. It was louder than any other storm I've ever heard. The lightening was coming really fast with no spaces in between - like four flashes in about ten seconds!! My whole bedroom was lit up each time.
The temperatures have hit about mid eighties today.

It stormed for about two hours on and off here.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:49 pm

eddie wrote:The thunder woke me up. It was louder than any other storm I've ever heard. The lightening was coming really fast with no spaces in between - like four flashes in about ten seconds!! My whole bedroom was lit up each time.

I love a storm like this, yep am weird!
But hey are great to watch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:58 pm

We've had storms this week as well, one night it sounded like an aerial battle. This morning it's 72 (22), which we never get this time of year in Texas -- usually it would be at least in the upper 80s.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Didge wrote:That fist picture from the Isle of Wight is awesome.

I agree it is Didge. Just checked online and we are getting the severe weather around 12.30 am so that's something to look forward to , although i love thunder and lightening .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:We've had storms this week as well, one night it sounded like an aerial battle. This morning it's 72 (22), which we never get this time of year in Texas -- usually it would be at least in the upper 80s.

It was 29 here yesterday bloody boiling for us Brits lol .

Last edited by LITTLE MISS PERFECT on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Kittpeak

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:23 pm

That is awesome Quill.

Right have to go, so have fun one and all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:38 pm

We had torrential rain this morning but no thunder and lightning. Yet

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:40 pm

You are lucky then Nems

It was torrential rain with lots of lightning here
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:21 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:You are lucky then Nems

It was torrential rain with lots of lightning here

Thunder, lightening and torrential rain at 6.30 this morning, stopped by 8, put my washing out, dry by 9!!! Absolutely roasting, thermometer got up to 29 in the shade. Still on about 25.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:22 pm

Didge wrote:That is awesome Quill.

It's Kitt Peak Observatory, SW of Tucson. Ask Cass...Arizona is the capital of lightning strikes. Especially right now...the monsoon storms are in season.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:02 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:The thunder woke me up. It was louder than any other storm I've ever heard. The lightening was coming really fast with no spaces in between - like four flashes in about ten seconds!! My whole bedroom was lit up each time.

Oh absolutely! I got up and watched out of my window.
Tbh I felt weird when I went to bed, my head was really,fuzzy and I couldn't sleep.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:23 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Tbh I felt weird when I went to bed, my head was really,fuzzy and I couldn't sleep.

Love them, and loved them more when I lived in a mobile home before we found where we wanted to live in Taunton, and you were part of it, could here the rain on the roof etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:51 pm

Oh FGS.....its called weather, the way you load of pussies go on about it you would think we never get "weather"...this is britain for crying out loud...weather is what we do.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:22 am

This silent lightning's so pretty. There's almost a cosmic feel to it somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:23 am

lovedust wrote:
This silent lightning's so pretty. There's almost a cosmic feel to it somehow.

I watch it over the meadows, it's amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:33 am

Thunder means God's angry Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:38 am

Irn Bru wrote:Thunder means God's angry Laughing

Nah, thunder mean's Victor's angry  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:43 am

Sassy wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Thunder means God's angry Laughing

Aren't they the same person? Laughing

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:05 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Sassy wrote:

That would explain a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:09 am

lovedust wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Sassy wrote:

That would explain a lot.

Laughing

I'm off, it's been a long day.

Hearts 1-2 Manchester City

They got a penalty to sneak a win

Grrrrrr
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:31 am

victorisnotamused wrote:Oh FGS.....its called weather, the way you load of pussies go on about it you would think we never get "weather"...this is britain for crying out loud...weather is what we do.......

What a grumpus, ha ha, some people like to see nature in all it glory, go bore another thread if you cannot enjoy others expressing their views

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:25 am

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

I get very headachy and restless during storms unless I pop a sleeping pill....started when we were in Cyprus.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:30 am

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:That is awesome Quill.

It's Kitt Peak Observatory, SW of Tucson. Ask Cass...Arizona is the capital of lightning strikes. Especially right now...the monsoon storms are in season.

yup. great start but none for a few days now....temps building up to next week....wed & Thurs hot advisories and then it should rain......please.

^Lovey - I agree it is slightly cosmic and its beautiful but when it happens here its not good....dry lightening strikes are the worse x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:51 am

:/ Is that mainly because of the risk of fires Cass?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:20 am

THE HEAT, THE HEAT, i just can't take it!

sunny 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:39 am

BigAndy9 wrote:THE HEAT, THE HEAT, i just can't take it!

sunny 

ha ha Andy . No sign of the severe weather warning here on our coast as yet and they predicted it from 12.30 -8.30 lol . It's really hot here though no sunshine you must have it all your way   Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:34 am

Was out fishing once in a storm, [I have a large umbrella] I watched lightening run along the bank across the reeds some distance away. I was using a Carbon Fibre rod , I dropped it and ran to my car.Nothing happened but it frightened the life out of me.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:54 pm

nicko wrote:Was out fishing once in a storm, [I have a large umbrella] I watched lightening run along the bank across the reeds some distance away. I was using a Carbon Fibre rod , I dropped it and ran to my car.Nothing happened but it frightened the life out of me.

Used to go out fishing with my ex. Got caught in a storm on a lake outside Glastonbury, I know what you mean lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:10 pm

nicko wrote:Was out fishing once in a storm, [I have a large umbrella] I watched lightening run along the bank across the reeds some distance away. I was using a Carbon Fibre rod , I dropped it and ran to my car.Nothing happened but it frightened the life out of me.

very pleased you are safe x

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:51 pm

lovedust wrote:
:/ Is that mainly because of the risk of fires Cass?

yes....even with rain its still dodgy cause of so much dead or very dry undergrowth.

the rain is much needed but the ground is so damn hard that the sudden downpours means it just bounces off and runs leading to flash flooding!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:41 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

I get very headachy and restless during storms unless I pop a sleeping pill....started when we were in Cyprus.

That's exactly how I was!
I was absolutely dirt tired but couldn't sleep at all and then my head felt fuzzy and headachy.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:29 am

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:

I was absolutely dirt tired but couldn't sleep at all and then my head felt fuzzy and headachy.

something to do with atmospheric pressure.....my headache is sinus throbbing type....its nasty x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:49 am

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:

something to do with atmospheric pressure.....my headache is sinus throbbing type....its nasty x

I reckon we've got large brains Cass  Cool 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:02 pm

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:

I reckon we've got large brains Cass  Cool 

ill go along with that......in my case crammed full of useless information......cant remember who you are but I'm ace at quizzes lol x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:40 pm

We got the storm this morning around 3.30 thunder lightening and torrential rain . It lasted about half hour then was gone . Today its a sunny and hot Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:43 pm

We just had a massive storm Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Thunde12

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:31 pm

feelthelove wrote:We just had a massive storm Thunder & Lightning Erupt Over Britain But Heatwave Warnings Remain In Place (PICTURES) Thunde12

Love that emoticon  cheers 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down