NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do we need to do to get people talking more?

+14
HoratioTarr
veya_victaous
Original Quill
Fred Moletrousers
'Wolfie
Maddog
nicko
Andy
eddie
Caution
JohnEAngel
captain
Lurker
Ben Reilly
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What do we need to do to get people talking more? Empty What do we need to do to get people talking more?

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:38 am

I'd like to see a bit more participation here, and I'm open to suggestions. Anybody?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

What do we need to do to get people talking more? Empty Re: What do we need to do to get people talking more?

Post by Lurker Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:34 pm

Well, for starters we need more members. I don't know how to drum up more members. I've invited a few former SNers, but I haven't seen them here. Forums such as this seem to have fallen out of favor thanks to Facebook and Twitter. I comment when I have time and have a brain.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

What do we need to do to get people talking more? Empty Re: What do we need to do to get people talking more?

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:21 am

I appreciate it, Lurker. The problem for me is that I can't really talk about the stuff I like to talk about without anonymity thanks to my stupid media job, so I really enjoy forums like this as an outlet. My hope is that trolls and/or fighting aren't necessary ingredients for an active forum ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

What do we need to do to get people talking more? Empty It is a big problem.

Post by captain Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:34 am

@Ben. Many of us find it hard to write on the net.

I am here at long last. Thank you for your patience!
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:37 am

If we can get enough of the good old bunch on here we should have some good participation. It will take some time. let's be patient.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:51 am

And absolutely let's keep posting content. I see the Google Bot paying us a visit all the time, so if we keep posting new stuff, we'll become more visible.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnEAngel Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:18 am

Jane, when did you start wearing glasses? you still look as beautiful as ever! Wink i do love the new look.

JohnEAngel
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

What do we need to do to get people talking more? Empty Thank you my dear John ;)

Post by captain Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:46 pm

Maybe we should tweet a thing or two on twitter. What do you think?
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:42 pm

The Tweeter, you say? Maybe the Book of Face as well. Hmmm ... I'll think over the possibilities ... thanks!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

What do we need to do to get people talking more? Empty Can't help you in FB

Post by captain Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Ask me any-time for twitter.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnEAngel Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:54 am

sorry. to get more people talking we need more people as i'm sure you know. i think that everybody loves when new forums go up. ill see if i can reach out. Smile

JohnEAngel
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:12 am

Thanks!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

What do we need to do to get people talking more? Empty Boo!

Post by Caution Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:21 am

I freed up about 90 minutes of my workday (450 minutes = 7.5 hours a week!) this weekend by moving to within a five-minute walk to work, so I should have more time soon to be on here.

I drove 20 miles into the burbs for work (and 20 miles back out) for five years. It got so annoying I found a place within a quarter-mile of work. For eight years it was great. Then I started working at a new job 25 miles away last November. Four months of that was quite enough.

Caution
Caution
the Ghost who mods, Lord of the Shadow realms, *may contain peanuts

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnEAngel Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:39 am

good deal caution. glad to hear that you got an upgrade!

JohnEAngel
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:04 am

That's great for you, caution. You're going to feel like a new man.

I still prefer working from home, vastly. I had to go to the office a lot a few weeks ago and for the most part I hated it. One day my boss almost made me miss my deadlines because he kept asking me questions about our new software ... guess it would have made for an interesting exchange in my performance review.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:51 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I'd like to see a bit more participation here, and I'm open to suggestions. Anybody?

In answer to your question of nearly five years ago.... you needed more fuckeries, frottery and fitch, to be honest.
Glad I helped. Cool
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:59 pm

You also need to get rid of the racist far right wingers, Britain First supporters, and argumentative narcissists. They would give a better balance so that decent folf could debate and siscuss thing sensibly.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:17 pm

Angry Andy wrote:You also need to get rid of the racist far right wingers, Britain First supporters, and argumentative  narcissists.  They would give a better balance so that decent folf could debate and siscuss thing sensibly.

It's a debate forum. Who are you going to debate with if you agree with everyone?
Come on Andy, this argument is more tired than my dead grandma.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:15 pm

Perhaps if some on here stopped their hateful comments against posters who disagree with their political views, more might be encouraged to join !

YOU KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:20 pm

eddie wrote:
Angry Andy wrote:You also need to get rid of the racist far right wingers, Britain First supporters, and argumentative  narcissists.  They would give a better balance so that decent folk could debate and discuss thing sensibly.

It's a debate forum. Who are you going to debate with if you agree with everyone?
But there is a huge difference between discussion and sensible  debate and outright trolling and arguement and hostility for the sole purpose of winding people up. Stormee did it, and so does  Stench.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:01 pm

eddie wrote:
Angry Andy wrote:You also need to get rid of the racist far right wingers, Britain First supporters, and argumentative  narcissists.  They would give a better balance so that decent folf could debate and siscuss thing sensibly.

Sorry about your grandma. Shocked

This forum should get rid of the Commies too. Razz
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:09 am

What do we need to do to get people talking more? 3758365944

@  Maddog...

If I ever see a genuine "Commie" on here, I will let you know...

What do we need to do to get people talking more? 2708656666
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:16 am

nicko wrote:
Perhaps if some on here stopped their hateful comments against posters who disagree with their political views,  more might be encouraged to join !

YOU KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

Rolling Eyes

We all well know that you're aiming that pathetic jibe at Andy, sassy, Quill, veya, Lurker, eddie, Ben and myself,  nicko...

As we're the ones you're always whinging about..

Unfortunately,  if you want to line up the true hatemongers and fearmongers on here,  that queue starts over there on your side --  with Smelly', VoD and gelico standing at the head of the line,  way out in front of any of us "lefties" and "liberals".
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:47 am

I was referring to Andy and yourself, and no one else,
Take off your blindfold and read the hateful posts from the pair of you !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:41 am

Dont flatter yourself Nicko. You are not as borderline sociopath  as the late Stormee , Stench and Tom, but you are siding with them every time.. I bet you are calling for the return of Allakaka too.
The question  Ben , Eddie, Veya, LF and Eizil should be asking is "Do we really need any more disturbed  far right extremists /Britain first supporters on here, effectively turning it into a legal version of inaflop?"
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:11 am

Why are you always calling for death and assassination to r/w's? calling for snipers to take out people ? I'v seen more death and horror than you can ever imagine, and it's not pretty. You are hate filled Andy and you can't deny it !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:03 am

Trump isnt right wing Nicko. He is a wannabe Fascist despot, racist, homophobic and a real threat to world peace.
Would the Americans and the rest of the world be a better and safer place without Trump?
Bloody right we all would be.

Last edited by Angry Andy on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:32 am

Just because i'v agreed with SOME posts does not make me a bad person in your eyes, I agree with SOME of your posts SOME of the time, but I don't post hate against those I disagree with !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:58 pm

I dont think you are bad,. Yearning for the days of the Empire, yes. Misguided? Possibly. I don't  hate Trump. But like my kids generation, I am bloody scared of him, his psychotic actions and his warmongering far right stance.
My kids ask "Why have the US elected  Hitler mark 2?"
Hard to disagree.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

We will have to agree to disagree Andy,no hard feelings.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:32 pm

None at all mate. I am happy to debate and discuss  nicely.
You are a worthy opponent, and whilst things will get heated, at least you dont post racist stuff like Stench, simply to provoke.
Gotta go. Bought a newpc on black friday. Bloody mare tranferring stuff from Windows 7 to windows 10.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:03 pm

There isn't much sensible debate on here - its mainly name calling .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

This forum should get rid of the Commies too.  Razz  

Hahahaha my grandma died years ago - I'm a maker of sick jokes. Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:25 pm

This thread is four years old. I only dragged it up cos I came across it and I wanted to troll Ben.

Who knew it'd be so popular for a good old moan? Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:30 pm

Today seems like a day for insults being thrown I'm apparently trolling the forum Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:29 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Today seems like a day for insults being thrown I'm apparently trolling the forum Rolling Eyes

Join the club, Your Reverence. Join the club.

The Newsfix definition of a troll is anyone who has the temerity to disagree with Wolfie - the real forum troll.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:36 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:What do we need to do to get people talking more? 3758365944

@  Maddog...

If I ever see a genuine "Commie" on here, I will let you know...

What do we need to do to get people talking more? 2708656666

That's the funny thing about labels. They are a bit subjective. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:37 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Was she a Commie?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Was she a Commie?

She was weird....but extremely liberal.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:55 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Today seems like a day for insults being thrown I'm apparently trolling the forum Rolling Eyes

The Newsfix definition of a troll is anyone who has the temerity to disagree with Wolfie - the real forum troll.

agree and a few others who seem to throw abuse and name call whenever they don't like what we say Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:01 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Was she a Commie?

So a commie then. Laughing
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Was she a Commie?

Dude, you know the real end goal of communism is statelessness -- something some of y'all in the libertarian part of this big old swimming pool would very much like to see Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:22 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Dude, you know the real end goal of communism is statelessness -- something some of y'all in the libertarian part of this big old swimming pool would very much like to see Smile

Yeah, in theory that's right. In practice communism has and does oppress the hell out of people with draconian governments.

I like throwing the commie label around when people get to throwing other labels around in an attempt to discredit folks. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:10 am

maddog wrote:Yeah, in theory that's right. In practice communism has and does oppress the hell out of people with draconian governments.

The only communism that has ever existed is the Paris Commune in 1871. Not very draconian.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:53 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Senile old Fred obviously doesn't know what a "troll" actually is...

If he did, he wouldn't be falsely labelling me as such --  that silly old git is eloquent enough as to find much more suitable labels to abuse people with..

The Vicar of Dribbles certainly knows what a "troll" is --  as along with her good chums Smelly' and gelico, she is one of the leading genuine trolls here on NewsFix.

I am not a "troll"..
I have never trolled NF or any other 'site...
Just because a handful of braindead dumbarse Floptard rejects fallaciously label me as such, doesn't make it so -- no matter how hard they may wish that their word was law..

Arrow
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:04 am

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Yeah, in theory that's right. In practice communism has and does oppress the hell out of people with draconian governments.

I like throwing the commie label around when people get to throwing other labels around in an attempt to discredit folks. Wink  

Razz

Despite all of the vacuous whinging and whining from that little gang of Floptards on here, I for one don't throw those labels around at random...

When I see people supporting fascist ideals and principles, and cheering on fascist groups and activities, I will happily call them  'fascists';

When I see people making racially-based slurs and accusations, and making white supremacist statements or cheering on neo-nazi gangs,  I will readily call them 'racists'..

And I do so, using the proper dictionary meanings of those terms --  not simply trying to add new meanings to fit some odious agendas,  unlike some of those Floptard wannabe-bullies on here.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:04 am

You could start be stop being such a little cry baby bitch.

You've put a language filter on pres I dent Donald Trump so that it reads "Fake"  President trump

You fucking child, no wonder participation is low

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:19 am

Ben Reilly wrote: My hope is that trolls and/or fighting aren't necessary ingredients for an active forum ...

From 5 year ago
What do we need to do to get people talking more? 1335987845 What do we need to do to get people talking more? 1335987845 What do we need to do to get people talking more? 1335987845 What do we need to do to get people talking more? 1335987845 What do we need to do to get people talking more? 1335987845 What do we need to do to get people talking more? 1335987845

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:27 am

Comments like this, apart from being puerile, are enough to put people off.    People want to debate, not get continuous playground insults thrown at them all the time.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:33 am

People are put off when they see the scrolling sidebar is totally filled by two posters, one of whom would argue with his shadow, the other a racist troll looking to incite anger..

Big diference between arguing and debate.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next