NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scientist Explains Why He Bothered To Prove Humans Don’t Like Sitting Alone For 15 Minutes

3 posters

Go down

Scientist Explains Why He Bothered To Prove Humans Don’t Like Sitting Alone For 15 Minutes Empty Scientist Explains Why He Bothered To Prove Humans Don’t Like Sitting Alone For 15 Minutes

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:42 am

http://thinkprogress.org/culture/2014/07/07/3456937/scientist-explains-why-he-bothered-to-prove-humans-dont-like-sitting-alone-doing-nothing/

“Just Think: The Challenges of a Disengaged Mind,” a social psychology study in the latest issue of Science Magazine, investigates this very quandry.

You are probably thinking it is not very fun to sit alone in a lab and do nothing. You would be correct! 49.3% of respondents reported “enjoyment that was at or below the midpoint.” While in the lab, 32% of participants reported that they had “cheated.” One thing that qualified as “cheating” in the study: “getting up out of their chair.” Researchers found that “participants reported that it was harder to concentrate on their thoughts when they were at home” (again, the reasons for this are myriad, obvious: while at home a person is surrounded by opportunities for actual things they could or should be doing, like laundry or cleaning or eating or showering or, best of all, napping). Participants who self-identified as people who “tend to be easily bored” were… bored.

Go and READ the rest, I'll add the Pics and Captions cause they're funny

Scientist Explains Why He Bothered To Prove Humans Don’t Like Sitting Alone For 15 Minutes Labpuppies
Sitting alone in a lab = enjoyment at or below the midpoint. Sitting alone WITH a lab, on the other hand, would be super adorable and fun.

Scientist Explains Why He Bothered To Prove Humans Don’t Like Sitting Alone For 15 Minutes Labsurfing
“Forget surfing the Web; I’m surfing the ocean!” -this lab, probably.
 Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Scientist Explains Why He Bothered To Prove Humans Don’t Like Sitting Alone For 15 Minutes Empty Re: Scientist Explains Why He Bothered To Prove Humans Don’t Like Sitting Alone For 15 Minutes

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:46 am

I don't know if I am surprised, but I am disappointed in Humans for this result.

I would think to myself for half an hour over watching TV.... which is apparently Super weird  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed 

But the sitting still thing would have killed me I Pace and think, walk and meditate even when I sit My Feet are generally tapping to the music in my head  Wink 

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Scientist Explains Why He Bothered To Prove Humans Don’t Like Sitting Alone For 15 Minutes Empty Re: Scientist Explains Why He Bothered To Prove Humans Don’t Like Sitting Alone For 15 Minutes

Post by eddie Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:52 am

I can sit alone for ages!!!  Shocked 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down