NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rolf Harris Guilty Of String Of Sex Attacks

+3
Lone Wolf
Ben Reilly
veya_victaous
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rolf Harris Guilty Of String Of Sex Attacks Empty Rolf Harris Guilty Of String Of Sex Attacks

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:40 pm

Sky News learns that police are considering possible charges after dozens more women claim to have been assaulted by the star.

Veteran entertainer Rolf Harris has been found guilty of a string of indecent assaults against underage girls.

Harris, whose showbusiness career spans more than 60 years, remained stony-faced as the jury returned guilty verdicts on all 12 counts after a seven-week trial at Southwark Crown Court.

His daughter Bindi held hands with a fellow supporter, and his wife Alwen and niece Jenny watched from the public gallery as Harris learned his fate.

The 84-year-old will be sentenced on Friday.

Mr Justice Sweeney warned Harris it was "inevitable" a custodial sentence would be possible.

It is the highest profile conviction achieved by officers from Scotland Yard's Operation Yewtree team - the unit set up to investigate historical sex abuse claims in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal.

During the trial, four females described their ordeal at the hands of the Australian-born cartoonist - with the youngest being just seven or eight years old.

He was accused of indecent assaults dating between 1968 and 1986, but several other women gave bad character evidence against him at the trial, reliving how they had been molested by him as late as 1991.

Prosecution sources confirmed to Sky News that dozens of other women have also come forward during the trial, claiming they too were assaulted by him and police are considering whether to bring further charges.

Two Australian women have also exclusively told Sky News they were groped by Harris in circumstances which echo some of the evidence heard during the trial.

The main complainant against Harris - who performed in the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations in 2012 - was the best friend of the singer's daughter Bindi.

The woman, who is now 49, told how she was first molested by Harris after she stepped out of a shower during a holiday in Hawaii in 1978 with Bindi and the rest of her family.

He then groped her again on the beach before carrying out further attacks on her in the bedroom of his family home in Australia - as Bindi slept nearby - and the assaults continued back in Britain.

Prosecutor Sasha Wass described Harris as a ''sinister pervert'' who used his fame to get close to young women and girls, adding that he had a ''dark side'' and was a ''Jekyll and Hyde character''.

Key to the case was a letter written by Harris to the father of the main victim in 1997 after she had told her parents of the abuse she had suffered as a teenager.
Rolf Harris 1967 Harris's career in showbusiness spanned six decades

In it, Harris wrote how he was in a ''state of abject self-loathing'', adding he was ''sickened'' by the ''misery I have caused".

The prosecution said it amounted to a confession of his indecent assaults on her which went on until she was 29 years old - only ending when she moved to Norfolk.

The other allegations involved attacks on a girl in Portsmouth in 1968-1969, a woman in Cambridge some time between 1975 and 1979 and an Australian woman called Tonya Lee who was molested in a London pub in 1986.

In an interview broadcast last year Ms Lee said: ''I don't know how he lives his life day to day, and I don't know how he sleeps at night.''

The Metropolitan Police said afterwards Harris "habitually denied any wrongdoing" and "thought his celebrity status placed him above the law".

The Crown Prosecution Service added: "The victims in this case have suffered in silence for many years and have only recently found the courage to come forward. Each victim, unbeknown to the others, described a similar pattern of behaviour - that of a man acting without fear of the consequences."

Bafta confirmed Harris will be stripped of the Bafta Fellowship he received in 2012. The children's entertainer may also lose his CBE following his conviction.

http://news.sky.com/story/1292273/rolf-harris-guilty-of-string-of-sex-attacks

Sky have just shown that although his daughter went to court with him, she got in the car just before the court, and on leaving, got out of the car just round the corner from the court. Who can blame her.

Back to top Go down

Rolf Harris Guilty Of String Of Sex Attacks Empty Re: Rolf Harris Guilty Of String Of Sex Attacks

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:44 pm

Bet he REVERTS to Islam in prison.

Back to top Go down

Rolf Harris Guilty Of String Of Sex Attacks Empty Re: Rolf Harris Guilty Of String Of Sex Attacks

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:51 pm

Rolf Harris Guilty Of String Of Sex Attacks Shut_up1

Rolf Harris Guilty Of String Of Sex Attacks So_many_idiots

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Im really shocked by this one still. Loved him as a kid and still thought he was a lovely man  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:15 am

It's sad and terrible. I was hoping the allegations would turn out to be unfounded.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:41 am

Phillipa wrote:

This is what happens to 'Men' that spend too long in England, over exposure to the evil Anglo Culture, before you know it they are so Perverted to Sexual Deviance they are playing soccer  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool 

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jul/01/jimmy-savile-rolf-harris-alleged-tour-broadmoor

Look at this Jimmy Savile Guy, the Representative of Anglo Culture, Corrupting an Australian (but a bad one, Rolf the union Jack wearing wanker) into the Anglo past times of Child abuse and abuse of hospital patient and possibly even corpse defiling.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:21 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Phillipa wrote:

This is what happens to 'Men' that spend too long in England, over exposure to the evil Anglo Culture, before you know it they are so Perverted to Sexual Deviance they are playing soccer  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool 

What do you know, you walk around upside-down all day  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:22 am

Phillipa wrote:

Hey Kaka, remember when I banned you? Smile

How many homophobic slurs have you made against me over at Flap? Oh, I know -- too many to count. Like the stars themselves ...

Lil' bitch  Cool 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:29 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Phillipa wrote:

Rolf Harris Guilty Of String Of Sex Attacks Reversed_World_Map_Reddit-625x432

PFFT Like You'd know you were "educated' in America  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:30 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Phillipa wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

FUCK off,  Drinky...     ::drnkpst:: 

its Kaka
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:31 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Phillipa wrote:

PFFT Like You'd know you were "educated' in America   Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 

Which way does your compass point, sucka?  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:32 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Phillipa wrote:

PFFT Like You'd know you were "educated' in America   Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 

Wow, Brazil is big!  Cool 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:34 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Phillipa wrote:

Which way does your compass point, sucka?  ::D:: 

relative  study  the top end aka the south pole, points up  geek geek geek geek 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:36 am

Lone Wolf wrote:Cool 

BRAZIL is the 3rd biggest country - after Russia and Canada..

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2005/11/07/2462/wowbrazil/

::D:: ::D:: ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:37 am

I know what I'm doing, homies Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:38 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I know what I'm doing, homies Smile

except which way is the Real Top of the world  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:40 am

veya_victaous wrote:

except which way is the Real Top of the world   Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

Dude, in space nothing is up or down -- didn't you read Ender's Game? Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:41 am

And how has this anything to do with Rolf Harris at this point?

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:46 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

except which way is the Real Top of the world   Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  WHAT EVER UPSIDE DOWN MAN  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue 

and nothing really  Wink 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:47 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  WHAT EVER UPSIDE DOWN MAN  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue 

and nothing really  Wink 

You checked my link though. About Brazil. Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:52 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

and nothing really  Wink 

I knew what you meant   ::D:: 

psst... wolfie  it's a quote from Dubya Bush  Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:01 am

Hey guys, I may be a Yankee Doodle C-word, but I for one would welcome a taste of third-worldleness to Los Estados Unidos. I think far too many of my compatriots have lost the plot on who the real enemy is ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:03 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:And how has this anything to do with Rolf Harris at this point?

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Idea 

NO DOUBT both Brazil and Antarctica are looking better to him at the moment ???

PROBABLY prefer to be anywhere rather than London..

Hey, I read and take seriously BA's posts -- London sounds like Hell of a Dantean scale to me  Cool 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:31 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:............................

I knew what you meant   ::D:: 

psst... wolfie  it's a quote from Dubya Bush  Wink

cyclops 

AND to think that GWB graduated from Uni'...

Amazing what a few $$$million$$$ for a new building and the odd scholarship funds from a wealthy and well-connected family can do for 'buying' degrees for their offspring, isn't it..

Well, he was going to try to break out of his daddy's footsteps and go to the University of Texas, but he couldn't get in, so he had to settle for Yale, just like where daddy went...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:43 am

Anyway back on topic you three!

I hope Rolf Harris goes to jail and gets severely arse-attacked and then dies an awful death.

More to the point, if I knew my dad was a paedophile I would NOT be standing by him in court!!!
What's Bindi saying? I think he's innocent? I don't care he touches small children - he's my dad??

Stupid bitch.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:48 am

Well I'm still not convinced ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:52 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Well I'm still not convinced ...

Even though he wrote a letter admitting it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:58 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Well I'm still not convinced ...

He wrote a letter admitting that he had a relationship with someone who was not underage.

I just see pound signs in eyes ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:11 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

He wrote a letter admitting that he had a relationship with someone who was not underage.

No Raggs, the girl was underage.
That's why he sent it to the father pretty much admitting it?

Why would he send a letter to the father of someone if she wasn't underage?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:35 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

He was replying to a letter the father had sent him.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:38 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yes. Still admitting it!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:48 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes. Still admitting it!

He didn't - he said nothing happened when she was underage.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:36 am

I felt exactly the same...wished this was untrue Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:56 am

How sad!

I really liked Rolf Harris Sad 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:02 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:.........................

This is what happens to 'Men' that spend too long in England, over exposure to the evil Anglo Culture, before you know it they are so Perverted to Sexual Deviance they are playing soccer Cool Cool Cool Cool

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jul/01/jimmy-savile-rolf-harris-alleged-tour-broadmoor

Look at this Jimmy Savile Guy, the Representative of Anglo Culture, Corrupting an Australian (but a bad one, Rolf the union Jack wearing wanker) into the Anglo past times of Child abuse and abuse of hospital patient and possibly even corpse defiling.

Smile  IT IS quite upsetting and disturbing for Australia as a country and community and society, as well ~ there will be a deep disappointment among a lot of people who grew up watching him on TV, (even if some people had suspicions over the years, when they had noticed some sleazy or suspect behaviour - and yet, over the years, nobody had come forward and complained to the police !).

Lots of people liked and respected him in England; for Australia it's probably more disheartening.

No doubt it was toughest of all for those who had to testify. At least that's behind them now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:09 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
lovedust wrote:
It's sad and terrible. I was hoping the allegations would turn out to be unfounded.

Neutral 

I FELT much the same before the trial started, but as time went on he didn't seem to be helping himself, even partly incriminating himself further with some of his antics and comments in court...

I agree with you. When his name was first mentioned I thought no way

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:19 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

One of the most damning pieces of evidence that convicted Rolf Harris was a letter he sent to the father of one of his victims apologising for his behaviour.

In the letter, Harris talks of his self-loathing at his “affair” with a woman 35 years his junior but denied that it ever involved underage sex.

"Please forgive me for not writing sooner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:43 pm

He is one if the last people you would ever think that of...so much so that it just wouldn't enter our minds!
Still shocked at this:(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:58 pm

I wonder if people will call for him to be 'deported' back to Australia?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:58 pm

Quite honestly I'm a little revolted at his daughter.
No way I'd stand by any man, whoever it was, if they were doing that evilness to children.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:01 pm

eddie wrote:Quite honestly I'm a little revolted at his daughter.
No way I'd stand by any man, whoever it was, if they were doing that evilness to children.

Sky showed that she got in the car just round from the court house before them arriving and got out just round the corner after they left. Who know what pressure had been brought to bear on her.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:Quite honestly I'm a little revolted at his daughter.

Sky showed that she got in the car just round from the court house before them arriving and got out just round the corner after they left.   Who know what pressure had been brought to bear on her.

Yes I read that earlier.
I'm just sure as I can be that I couldn't stand by any male relative sassy. I find paedophilia the most disgusting Crime of all.
It sickens me to my core.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:08 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Sky showed that she got in the car just round from the court house before them arriving and got out just round the corner after they left.   Who know what pressure had been brought to bear on her.

Yes I read that earlier.
I'm just sure as I can be that I couldn't stand by any male relative sassy. I find paedophilia the most disgusting  Crime of all.
It sickens me to my core.

Me Too, if he was my father, and she knew about it a long time ago because she asked her friend when she was 15 if she was upset with her Dad because he'd interferred with her, I would have kicked him out in an instant, whoever he was. I don't understand the mother either.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next