NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Devastated families face eviction after Britain’s richest MP buys housing estate and hikes up rent

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Devastated families face eviction after Britain’s richest MP buys housing estate and hikes up rent  Empty Devastated families face eviction after Britain’s richest MP buys housing estate and hikes up rent

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:36 pm

Devastated families face eviction after Britain’s richest MP buys housing estate and hikes up rent  Landlord-MAIN

Fight: Richard Benyon and a community furious over rent hikes

Devastated families are facing being evicted after the inherited estate of Britain’s richest MP bought a stake in their homes.

Tory Richard Benyon’s £110million family firm is part of a consortium that snapped up the housing estate and announced plans for a massive rent hike.

Up to 90 households in East London fear the Benyons’ plan to charge “market rents” will treble their bills.

The New Era Estate, in Hoxton, has a long history of providing affordable housing and has been home to some people for 70 years.

Distraught Debra Cox, 49, who has lived there for 18 years, said: “This is social cleansing – this has always been a form of social housing and they just want rid of us.

"I have been to the council and was told we don’t have a chance of being rehoused.”

Soaring house prices have driven o­rdinary families out of vast swathes of the UK – particularly the capital where the average price of a home rocketed by 18.5% last year.

Britain’s housing crisis is worsened by weak legal protection for private tenants, who can be forced out of homes they have lived in for years at a few weeks’ notice.

At a heated meeting on Thursday, teaching assistant Debra told the new landlord: “You do realise that as soon as you put them on at market value, whenever that may be, myself, my husband and my 18-year-old daughter will be homeless?”

Her husband Gary, 50, fumed: “My wife had a seizure during the night brought on by the stress.

"My wife is ill and I am going to lose my f*****g flat because of you and your mates.”

Devastated families face eviction after Britain’s richest MP buys housing estate and hikes up rent  New-Era-Estate-Hoxton

Berkshire MP Benyon is a director of his family’s 300-year-old Englefield Estate, which owns 20,000 acres of land from Hampshire to Scotland.

Its portfolio includes the 250-property Benyon Estate in East London which is now a “minority shareholder” in the flats on the New Era Estate.

His brother Edward Benyon confirmed the family was part of the consortium during the meeting.

He also announced plans to ­refurbish the 1930s homes and build more flats on the roof.

Edward added: “The goal, which is something I have had to say to all of you, is the fact that the rents will be going to market value.”

He refused to confirm future rents but the Benyons have already hiked them by 10% this year.

Edward said: “Bearing in mind the rents were so far below market value we ­considered a 10% rise to be fair.”

One resident said: “When Edward Benyon came up to my flat he actually said that next year would be a lot more.”

Edward replied: “I’m not going to sit here now and tell you it’s going to be double, quadruple, whatever it’s going to be.”

He caused uproar when he was asked about eviction and said: “We’ve never evicted anybody because when people haven’t been able to afford to pay the rent they’ve moved out.”

One resident said: “What if they’ve got nowhere to go?”

And a second added: “You really don’t give a sh*t do you?”

Devastated families face eviction after Britain’s richest MP buys housing estate and hikes up rent  New-Era-Estate-Hoxton

Changing times: New developments have led to the gentrification of Hoxton

Edward promised “we are not going to keep anything hidden” and claimed “there are a number of people who wanted to buy this block of flats who wanted to knock it down”.

Local Labour MP Meg Hillier said the loss of affordable housing was “hollowing out the community”.

She said: “Any landlord with any moral fibre would consider that these are people’s homes not just properties.

“The Government seems to think that the market can deliver for people on low incomes and it can’t.

"The toffs on the front bench don’t have a clue how people are living.”

When the Benyon Estate discovered the Mirror was investigating, it demanded “details of any named contributors” to this story.

Despite this, dozens of residents wanted to talk to us.

Single mum Lindsey Garrett has lived on the estate with her parents all her life.

She works as a care co-ordinator for the local NHS trust.

But the market rent on a two-bed flat in Hoxton is now more than her take-home wage.

Lindsey said: “It has been terrifying, horrific. We are completely devastated.

"I haven’t been able to sleep with the thought of being homeless. My dad’s disabled and I don’t know where we are all going to end up.”

Devastated families face eviction after Britain’s richest MP buys housing estate and hikes up rent  Richard-Benyon

Uproar: Richard Benyon MP

Since she moved in, the Benyon Estate has raised Lindsay’s rent from £668 a month to £796.

The average cost of a similar two-bedroom flat on Rightmove.com is nearly £2,000 a month.

Other residents include Ruth Jacobs, 84, who has lived on the estate for 70 years.

She said: “It is terrible. I got a letter two weeks ago. I don’t know what’s going to happen next.”

Gaye Studman, 56, who lives with Malcolm Ryan, 58, and her daughter Angel Studman, 10, said: “They just want people with money in here.

"We’ve been told we have to be evicted by a bailiff together with our children before the council will help us.”

A Mirror investigation with the GMB union earlier this year revealed Benyon’s £110million estate has received hundreds of thousands of pounds of housing benefit – despite the MP attacking the “something for nothing” welfare state.

GMB general secretary Paul Kenny said of the latest revelation: “This is an absolute scandal.

"Affordable housing being destroyed and it’s coming from the very top of the Tory party who have no hesitation in dipping into taxpayers’ funds as they do it.

“Cameron should disown this fatcat profiteering MP. GMB will help the tenants in any way we can.”

On top of Mr Benyon’s haul from tenants and the taxpayer, his family farms received more than £2million in EU subsidies since 2000.

Protest: Residents of the New Era Estate demonstrate

Edward Benyon said last night that New Era estate’s previous owners put it up for sale two years ago and sold it at “commercial market value for a substantial profit”.

He went on: “The Benyon Estate manages the property and undertook detailed independent reporting from surveyors on the state of the building, which showed several deficiencies consistent with its age including poor provision of heating and badly damaged windows.

“Any purchaser of the property would need to charge market rates of rent, however we have given tenants new contracts so they have another year to decide what they want to do.

"We have met each tenant personally to explain the situation and meetings are now taking place to help them in the future.”

He went on: “Richard is a firm supporter of the welfare state and the safety net it provides for people.

“On the advice of solicitors I requested the names of named contributors.

“Each individual is different and knowing the circumstances of persons who are speaking to you may have allowed us the opportunity to address to you specific points in relation to those individuals.”

Accounts of the New Era Estate’s previous owner, First LBS Holdings Limited, show it made a £306,865 profit and its shareholders received a £300,000 dividend last year

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/devastated-families-face-eviction-after-3786578#ixzz364PnXK7s
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

The writing is on the wall and our H/A has been asking us to pay extra on the rent as a cushion.(neighbour upstairs as well)....A cushion for what?

Boris didn't order the water cannons for London, for no reason at all.

There will be riots in London, when people are thrown out onto the streets, the likes that this country has never seen.

Back to top Go down

Devastated families face eviction after Britain’s richest MP buys housing estate and hikes up rent  Empty Re: Devastated families face eviction after Britain’s richest MP buys housing estate and hikes up rent

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:40 pm

If it wasnt for Doug...Id be hoping YOU were in that lot phil....

Back to top Go down

Devastated families face eviction after Britain’s richest MP buys housing estate and hikes up rent  Empty Re: Devastated families face eviction after Britain’s richest MP buys housing estate and hikes up rent

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:48 pm

Doug and i will be protected, it's the others that i worry about.

London is being groomed as a place for the rich, and the rich only.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:53 pm

thats OK phil...suits my purpose entirely....

let the rich have london and the south...entirely.....

then we can give it to the raving mad Muslim fundamentalists as their autonomous sharia state in britain...just make the border south of watford gap.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:55 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:thats OK phil...suits my purpose entirely....

then we can give it to the raving mad Muslim fundamentalists as their autonomous sharia state in britain...just make the border south of watford gap.....

Unbelievable, paranoia at its best:

Also castigating all Muslims now as fundamentalists , talk about insulting to the people of the South, no doubt you still elude to how Britain once was in the time of the War of the Roses where people in the north and south saw each other as different nations

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:59 pm

.....So you care nothing for the poor that will be evicted from their homes, then they will be thrown onto the streets with nowhere to go unless they have family members that will help them out.

What a terrible RW scum merchant that you are VictorisRWscum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:02 am

LOOK didge....

the fact that SOME mad raving fundamentalists exist is beyond doubt...just show me where in that post is even suggested that all were?? I recon its you who has rampant paranoia...every time you see a post with "Muslim" in it the poster must be castigating all Muslims...twerp
the fact that these raving looneys want a sharia state of their own to mank up is also beyond doubt

Personally I cant think of a better "use" for the "rich" of the ilk of that vile MP than to be trapped in such a state..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:03 am

Philagain wrote:.....So you care nothing for the poor that will be evicted from their homes, then they will be thrown onto the streets with nowhere to go unless they have family members that will help them out.

What a terrible RW scum merchant that you are VictorisRWscum.

nope phillock...I care very much for the other poor....Its just a pity its not going to bite you (alone)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:04 am

anyhows...Its down YOUR neck of the woods....why dont you go lead the riots...pffffft

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:05 am

I mean its a long way down there for me to travel...and I have a living to make...unlike you....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:05 am

victorisnotamused wrote:LOOK didge....

the fact that SOME mad raving fundamentalists exist is beyond doubt...just show me where in that post is even suggested that all were??  I recon its you who has rampant paranoia...every time you see a post with "Muslim" in it the poster must be castigating all Muslims...twerp
the fact that these raving looneys want a sharia state of their own to mank up is also beyond doubt

Personally I cant think of a better "use" for the "rich" of the ilk of that vile MP than to be trapped in such a state..

No you are paranoid, you use the argument as if all Muslims are fundamentalists, when they are not, some are, but you provoke unwarranted fear of Muslims which such ignorant claims, you seek to segregate society with such poor views, when people should be united whether Muslim or Non-Muslims against fundamentalists, that is what is wrong with your arguments. So you just speak utter bullshit all the time on this mainly as I think you constantly shit your pants. So yes there is a small element that want a sharia state, which to me we deal with these loons, you make out though it is the majority based off your gullibility to media stories

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:11 am

.....So this is another thread that is going to be turned into a Muslim hate fest, and these RW are going to be allowed to get away with it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:25 am

Didge wrote:

the fact that SOME mad raving fundamentalists exist is beyond doubt...just show me where in that post is even suggested that all were??  I recon its you who has rampant paranoia...every time you see a post with "Muslim" in it the poster must be castigating all Muslims...twerp

No you are paranoid, you use the argument as if all Muslims are fundamentalists, when they are not, some are, but you provoke unwarranted fear of Muslims which such ignorant claims, you seek to segregate society with such poor views, when people should be united whether Muslim or Non-Muslims against fundamentalists, that is what is wrong with your arguments. So you just speak utter bullshit all the time on this mainly as I think you constantly shit your pants. So yes there is a small element that want a sharia state, which to me we deal with these loons, you make out though it is the majority based off your gullibility to media stories

because you say so  ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:27 am

Philagain wrote:.....So this is another thread that is going to be turned into a Muslim hate fest, and these RW are going to be allowed to get away with it?

actually I tried to turn it into a phillock hate fest...didge made it ALL ABOUT Muslims

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:28 am

Didge wrote:

That's the way I read it as well, there are quite a few on here laying into Muslins and implying they are all terrorists, when most are not, and as you say Didge, the few extreme head cases will be dealt with....
And it's not gonna happen implementing full sharia law in this country anyway.

I might not agree with you about everything Didge, but definitely in this.

Every single day there is scaremongering and hate on here directed at a Muslims by the same bunch highlighting crimes committed by Muslims, foreigners etc...and it's right to condemn such idiots who take innocent lives, but we must always remember we have our own home grown idiots who take innocent lives.

At one time I was swaying towards being taken in by some of this, but then I woke up and realised it's fascists putting words in mouths.

And it does piss me off how some of our own think we are so superior to others....utter bollocks, some just choose to ignore we have our own idiots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:31 am

You know what, stuff what people think about Muslims, stuff what Victor thinks about Phil or Jack thinks about Jill.   This is another case of the rich buying up London and leaving the poor to fend for themselves, and Phil's right, if it continues there will be riots, Boris will use water cannon and the people who will be told they are behaving terribly will be the poor for trying to stand up to the greedy bastards who already have plenty and want more, more, more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:32 am

[b]OK OK OK[/b]

FFS....

MORONS

How about

"thats OK phil...suits my purpose entirely....

then build a mile high wall round it, and fill it with water..... Rolling Eyes 

jesus christ on a fekin bike.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:33 am

Typical bloody Tory. Get them out.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:33 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Philagain wrote:.....So this is another thread that is going to be turned into a Muslim hate fest, and these RW are going to be allowed to get away with it?

actually I tried to turn it into a phillock hate fest...didge made it ALL ABOUT Muslims

Up to Ben if he allows this thread hyjacking to continue.

I seem to remember that SF had strict rules against this sort of thing.

Of course this isn't your site, but you seem intent to ruin it, just because you threw in the towel on your own site because you couldn't manage it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:35 am

Sassy wrote:You know what, stuff what people think about Muslims, stuff what Victor thinks about Phil or Jack thinks about Jill.   This is another case of the rich buying up London and leaving the poor to fend for themselves, and Phil's right, if it continues there will be riots, Boris will use water cannon and the people who will be told they are behaving terribly will be the poor for trying to stand up to the greedy bastards who already have plenty and want more, more, more.

Great post Sassy....this coalition government are also encouraging yuppies to take over so the poor have to uproot and go and live who knows where , and as you say, if the poor stand up to this they will be the ones accused if being out of hand and starting bother.

What a shit state of affairs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:35 am

It's really all about this "market value", which appears to be all out of proportion to what most people can actually afford. That applies to buying a house or renting one. Is it not time for the Government to step in and stop this madness?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Sassy wrote:You know what, stuff what people think about Muslims, stuff what Victor thinks about Phil or Jack thinks about Jill.   This is another case of the rich buying up London and leaving the poor to fend for themselves, and Phil's right, if it continues there will be riots, Boris will use water cannon and the people who will be told they are behaving terribly will be the poor for trying to stand up to the greedy bastards who already have plenty and want more, more, more.

Why has he ordered them?

Back to top Go down

well in THAT case...I suggest they riot PROPERLY, and force the govt to use deadly force....and then either win by weight of numbers or use the capital to be gained from that to procure change for the better....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:39 am

Joy Division wrote:

Great post Sassy....this coalition government are also encouraging yuppies to take over so the poor have to uproot and go and live who knows where , and as you say, if the poor stand up to this they will be the ones accused if being out of hand and starting bother.

.....Get out of London, and we'll build a Berlin wall to keep the poor out....

That's what it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:39 am

Philagain wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Of course this isn't your site, but you seem intent to ruin it, just because you threw in the towel on your own site because you couldn't manage it.

now let me get this straight...YOU think you can troll and act like a twat and thats ok.....but when people respond to that its wrong....YOU can do as you like...but cant take the results of your own appalling behaviour???

drop dead sunshine.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:40 am

Philagain wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

That's what it is.

I tell you ...let em build their wall....then fill it with water.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:41 am

Philagain wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

That's what it is.

That's what it is Phil...just dressed up with words a bit more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:43 am

I don't quite understand the figures in that article.

He refused to confirm future rents but the Benyons have already hiked them by 10% this year.

Since she moved in, the Benyon Estate has raised Lindsay’s rent from £668 a month to £796.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:44 am

Raggamuffin wrote:It's really all about this "market value", which appears to be all out of proportion to what most people can actually afford. That applies to buying a house or renting one. Is it not time for the Government to step in and stop this madness?

For once Rags, I absolutely agree. It used to be that rents were controlled, the Housing Act 1980 put and end to that. Labour want to bring it back, which makes Tories scream blue murder. But it's the only thing that makes sense. It will stop house price rises going through the roof again as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:53 am

Sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It's really all about this "market value", which appears to be all out of proportion to what most people can actually afford. That applies to buying a house or renting one. Is it not time for the Government to step in and stop this madness?

For once Rags, I absolutely agree.   It used to be that rents were controlled, the Housing Act 1980 put and end to that.   Labour want to bring it back, which makes Tories scream blue murder.   But it's the only thing that makes sense.   It will stop house price rises going through the roof again as well.

this is occurring in so many cities at the moment that I would not be surprised if it burst naturally.

Sydney has major issues
http://catallaxyfiles.com/2014/01/20/australia-the-world-leader-in-excessive-house-prices/
There is one area where Australia leads the world. Demographia’s 10th Annual Survey of house prices - this one covering 360 cities in nine countries – shows Australia imperiously blitzing all opposition other than Hong Kong in house prices. To ensure against distortions from different standards of living and costs, the survey compares median house prices in terms of average family incomes.

Although considerably higher than land-constrained Hong Kong, Australia (and New Zealand is similar) has average house prices relative to incomes that ate 60 per cent higher than those of the US, 12 per cent above the UK and 20 per cent above Japan. Australian house prices are even higher than those of Singapore.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:59 am

My OH says stock up on tents lol, cos the shit is going to hit the fan soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:04 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Philagain wrote:

now let me get this straight...YOU think you can troll and act like a twat and thats ok.....but when people respond to that its wrong....YOU can do as you like...but cant take the results of your own appalling behaviour???

drop dead sunshine.....

Stop trying to ruin this site, just because you couldn't make a go of your own, and stick to the OP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:06 am

Philagain wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

drop dead sunshine.....

Stop trying to ruin this site, just because you couldn't make a go of your own, and stick to the OP.

take your own advice....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:10 am

Oh shut up both of you, I could quite happily knock your heads together at the moment. So there  tongue 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:15 am

Well sassy ..who started the whole shebang??? hmmmmm?

If that useless pile of cat crap leaves me alone...I'll leave him alone...just like i did when he returned, only to be attacked out of the blue for no reason.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:16 am

but only this one chance.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:46 am

hmmmmmm????????????????????????????

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:53 am

Can Victor And Phil put each other on ignore?

Save a lot of headaches  Wink 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:59 am

Oh I can ignore him ok......but NOT when HE starts his crap...
now, I'm not even going to ask him for an appology for starting the whole thing (since I give as good and better than i get)........and I'll leave it there for now...as long as HE gets the message....
but any more and shower of shit over shropshire aint gonna be able to describe what will descend on him.....OK???...

so YOU had better see he does get the message......

I have said my piece.....
c'est ca

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:07 am

@victor
you can set him to Foe in the account settings and his post will just come up as hidden.

All the more easy to ignore.  Wink 

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:14 am

veya_victaous wrote:@victor
you can set him to Foe in the account settings and his post will just come up as hidden.

All the more easy to ignore.  Wink 

and leave him free to abuse me behind my back.and thus no right of reply??? I am happy to ignore him....trust him...you gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:19 am

I would advise all H/A tenants in London to do up your flats as much as possible.

Register on the mutual exchange list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:26 am

Sort it else you will be fucked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:29 am

...Think big.

...If you have a one bed in London, then go for a modern new build up North with more bedrooms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:56 am

Sassy wrote:

For once Rags, I absolutely agree.   It used to be that rents were controlled, the Housing Act 1980 put and end to that.   Labour want to bring it back, which makes Tories scream blue murder.   But it's the only thing that makes sense.   It will stop house price rises going through the roof again as well.

Well I'm in favour of that. I think it's housing costs which stress people out the most.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:33 am

Philagain wrote:I would advise all H/A tenants in London to do up your flats as much as possible.

Register on the mutual exchange list.

With tax payers' money?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:31 pm

Let's all get things in perspective:

If these people are in social housing and can't afford the rent and they have children under 16, they will not be left homeless.
The likes of Phil, on benefits, will be left where they are and their rent paid or they'll be rehoused.

Still, it does suck that rich people can come along and do this but that's life really.
If it were me, I'd be looking to move out of London and find somewhere cheaper for my money.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:36 pm

eddie wrote:Let's all get things in perspective:

If these people are in social housing and can't afford the rent and they have children under 16, they will not be left homeless.
The likes of Phil, on benefits, will be left where they are and their rent paid or they'll be rehoused.

Still, it does suck that rich people can come along and do this but that's life really.
If it were me, I'd be looking to move out of London and find somewhere cheaper for my money.

Unfortunately Eddie, if they are re-housed, which is very unlikely in London, it will either be in something where they have to have extra housing benefit, or most likely, will be re-housed outside of London, which is happening more and more and causing problems for other councils who are having to find extra accommodation (quite some time ago Irn put on a report from a Conservative Council about this). Thus those on this estate that are working will lose their jobs because they won't be able to afford the travel back, and more benefits will have to be paid. The only people winning will be the owners of the estate, who will develop it and add more money to their already overflowing coffers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:36 pm

eddie wrote:Let's all get things in perspective:

As long as people get their rent paid for them, nothing will be done. It's the tax payers' money though
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next