NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Enigma Man' may be new human species that lived until 11,000 years ago

3 posters

Go down

'Enigma Man' may be new human species that lived until 11,000 years ago   Empty 'Enigma Man' may be new human species that lived until 11,000 years ago

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:21 am

Has an Australian scientist been instrumental in helping discover a new species of human? And what does this mean for our understanding of human evolutionary history? These are two questions at the heart of a new documentary screening this week on ABC1.
With Enigma Man we follow the groundbreaking research of Aussie paleoanthropologist Darren Curnoe and his Chinese colleague, paleontologist Ji Xueping.
Their study of ancient human remains found in a remote cave in South-west China looks at the idea there may have been another species of human existing alongside our ancestors as recently as 11,000 – 14,000 years ago.
Dubbed the '‘Red Deer Cave people’', these ancient people, or, more precisely, their remains – so similar, yet so physically different from us – are much, much younger than our Neanderthal relatives, posing some seriously interesting questions. Were they really another human species? And if so, what happened to them? Why did they die out? How did they live? And what were their interactions with our own early relatives?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/enigma-man-may-be-new-human-species-that-lived-until-11000-years-ago-20140616-zs9dz.html#ixzz35XimXFxb

Back to top Go down

'Enigma Man' may be new human species that lived until 11,000 years ago   Empty Re: 'Enigma Man' may be new human species that lived until 11,000 years ago

Post by stardesk Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi Didge. I seem to remember some years back that mysterious finds were made in China. As in your article, it wasn't sure if they were a different species to Neanderthal and ourselves. Fascinating isn't it. As they say, 'watch this space.'
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'Enigma Man' may be new human species that lived until 11,000 years ago   Empty Re: 'Enigma Man' may be new human species that lived until 11,000 years ago

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Homo Sapiens - undisputed evolutionary heavyweight champions.

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Indeed we are, Camm.' I wonder how many species, including wildlife, have disappeared because of we Homo Sapiens.

As in wildlife, most species have different versions. Mother Nature didn't foster just one type of everything, but variations, so why not different types of humans, one example being Neanderthals.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:24 pm

which, contrary to popular thought are still around today......... ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:31 pm

[quote="victorisnotamused"]which, contrary to popular thought are still around today......... ://?roflmao?/: [/quote
---------------------
Hi Victor. Can you add a bit of meat to that very tasty bone? Apparently we contain about 3-5% of Neanderthal DNA.

Concerning the article above, posted by Didge, one Ufologist claimed the finds in the cave were aliens!!!
Er, ahem, I don't think I'll consider that as a fact.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:33 pm

stardesk wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:which, contrary to popular thought are still around today......... ://?roflmao?/: [/quote
---------------------
Hi Victor. Can you add a bit of meat to that very tasty bone? Apparently we contain about 3-5% of Neanderthal DNA.

Concerning the article above, posted by Didge, one Ufologist claimed the finds in the cave were aliens!!!
Er, ahem, I don't think I'll consider that as a fact.

Well Star there a plenty of examples of neanderthals posting on here  ::D::  

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:44 pm

::D:: Laughing You're right there, mate. One or two aren't there.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:01 pm

Undisputed heavy-weights of evolution my ass; sea sponges have been around for more than three-quarters of a billion years! Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:03 pm

yeah...but hardly evolved are they.....

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:21 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Undisputed heavy-weights of evolution my ass; sea sponges have been around for more than three-quarters of a billion years! Smile

I was going to Say Influenza but I guess they are feather weight Champions  confused confused confused 

I think sponges are middle weights Wink 

the Contenders for Heavy weight title should also include Crocodiles and Sharks  Cool Cool 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:44 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:yeah...but hardly evolved are they.....

They're perfectly evolved! You don't survive 760 million years when you've got a bunch of flaws Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:56 pm

of course you do realise that sponges are "civilised" .....they wage war on one another.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:57 am

victorisnotamused wrote:of course you do realise that sponges are "civilised" .....they wage war on one another.....

Que? No entiendio lo que esta diciendo.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down