NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Ed Miliband's Labour back in Michael Foot era' as party's MPs quit parliament

3 posters

Go down

'Ed Miliband's Labour back in Michael Foot era' as party's MPs quit parliament Empty 'Ed Miliband's Labour back in Michael Foot era' as party's MPs quit parliament

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:24 am

MORE than one in 10 Labour MPs is deserting the party at the next general election, the Sunday Express can reveal. Twenty-eight Labour MPs, almost 11 per cent of the parliamentary party, have already announced they intend to stand down in May next year. More than half, 17, have served as ministers and 12 voted for Ed Miliband as their leader in 2010.

Former Home Secretary David ­Blunkett yesterday became the latest to announce he is leaving Parliament and more are expected to quit in the months leading up to next year’s poll.

... Labour MP told the Sunday Express: “It is back to the Michael Foot era, if not worse, in terms of capability and the ability to lead. I am really struggling to think of a Labour MP who will have good things to say about him.” The MP said Mr Miliband’s leadership has been a factor in the ­decision taken by some to quit ­Parliament. He said: “You expect your leader to engage, sell their policies smartly and effectively and that is not what is happening. “He is aloof not just with politicians but also with business people, who he doesn’t engage with. That is becoming a real problem.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/484067/Labour-back-in-Michael-Foot-era-as-MPs-quit-parliament

Back to top Go down

'Ed Miliband's Labour back in Michael Foot era' as party's MPs quit parliament Empty Re: 'Ed Miliband's Labour back in Michael Foot era' as party's MPs quit parliament

Post by scrat Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:53 pm

Tesstacious wrote:MORE than one in 10 Labour MPs is deserting the party at the next general election, the Sunday Express can reveal.  Twenty-eight Labour MPs, almost 11 per cent of the parliamentary party, have already announced they intend to stand down in May next year.  More than half, 17, have served as ministers and 12 voted for Ed Miliband as their leader in 2010.

Former Home Secretary David ­Blunkett yesterday became the latest to announce he is leaving Parliament and more are expected to quit in the months leading up to next year’s poll.

... Labour MP told the Sunday Express: “It is back to the Michael Foot era, if not worse, in terms of capability and the ability to lead. I am really struggling to think of a Labour MP who will have good things to say about him.” The MP said Mr Miliband’s leadership has been a factor in the ­decision taken by some to quit ­Parliament. He said: “You expect your leader to engage, sell their policies smartly and effectively and that is not what is happening. “He is aloof not just with politicians but also with business people, who he doesn’t engage with. That is becoming a real problem.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/484067/Labour-back-in-Michael-Foot-era-as-MPs-quit-parliament
11% that's sounds like natural selection to me! out with the old in with the new.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'Ed Miliband's Labour back in Michael Foot era' as party's MPs quit parliament Empty Re: 'Ed Miliband's Labour back in Michael Foot era' as party's MPs quit parliament

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:57 pm

scrat wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:MORE than one in 10 Labour MPs is deserting the party at the next general election, the Sunday Express can reveal.  Twenty-eight Labour MPs, almost 11 per cent of the parliamentary party, have already announced they intend to stand down in May next year.  More than half, 17, have served as ministers and 12 voted for Ed Miliband as their leader in 2010.

11% that's sounds like natural selection to me! out with the old in with the new.
I don't think Milliband's a product of natural selection; more a case of freak of nature. Shouldn't be cruel I know...

Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:06 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
scrat wrote:
I don't think Milliband's a product of natural selection; more a case of freak of nature.  Shouldn't be cruel I know...

Twisted Evil 
He does struggle to come across well and unless Labour start to offer some radical alternatives, his struggle will continue.

I don't think Wallace is a bad leader, the media are doing their best to fuck up his "capitalism light"agenda.

Get some decent policies like taxing the rich till they squeal and then tax them some more and nationalising the banks, we've been propping them all up long enough.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:39 pm

scrat wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:
I don't think Milliband's a product of natural selection; more a case of freak of nature.  Shouldn't be cruel I know...

Twisted Evil 
He does struggle to come across well and unless Labour start to offer some radical alternatives, his struggle will continue.

I don't think Wallace is a bad leader, the media are doing their best to fuck up his "capitalism light"agenda.

Get some decent policies like taxing the rich till they squeal and then tax them some more and nationalising the banks, we've been propping them all up long enough.
Taxing the rich etc sounds good in theory, but you'd just be repeating past mistakes. Look at France!

I like your man's book on capitalism, very interesting, and it's true; there's no way the poor or working middle classes are ever going to catch up with the very rich the way the system works - it'll end up back to the feudal days. What I'm saying is neither system works - we need a whole fresh new perspective.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:11 pm

Tax the rich and tax them some more?
That worked well for Hollande didn't it.....
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:44 pm

I can see Labour going the way of the Lib Dems next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Tax the rich and tax them some more?
That worked well for Hollande didn't it.....
I would not pussyfoot around the rich like Holland!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:07 pm

It's a race to The bottom Scrat.....

Firstly we all know that labour only raised the top rate a couple of months before they left govt after 13 years of leaving it unchanged.

And as a result GOT LESS MONEY!!!!

Taxing income is one thing but what are you suggesting?

Just reaching into peoples bank accounts and grabbing handfulls of their personal savings/wealth???

People who have a few quid will just leave or put their money else where. Which is no good for anyone except thenew country or people who they move their money to.

Plus what incentive is there to work hard and try to achieve better earnings or save hard to build up a wad of cash, if govt will just take it off you just to hand it out in over generous benefits to those who can't be bothered?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:20 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It's a race to The bottom Scrat.....

Firstly we all know that labour only raised the top rate a couple of months before they left govt after 13 years of leaving it unchanged.

Just reaching into peoples bank accounts and grabbing handfulls of their personal savings/wealth???

People who have a few quid will just leave or put their money else where. Which is no good for anyone except thenew country or people who they move their money to.

Plus what incentive is there to work hard and try to achieve better earnings or save hard to build up a wad of cash, if govt will just take it off you just to hand it out in over generous benefits to those who can't be bothered?

Heimat chap, you whined sometime previous to this whine about 4 families claiming 100k a year.

Let me refresh your memory,,,£260 million is being lost PER DAY due to tax evasion.

If you cannot grasp the context of that, then I will offer a brief synopsis, £260 million per day would bring an end to child poverty and lift 6.5 million workers into productive life standards and save the British tax payer £260 Million PER DAY.

scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Firstly you do not know how much is lost to tax evasion.

Of course I am not a supporter of tax evasion.

That is a different subject to just hiking up tax rates, and You didn't address my points.

Secondly, you think it is ok for 4 families to be claiming nearly half a million pounds a year in benefit?

It's only a few just doesn't cut it Scrat!

How many were claiming £90k, or £80k £or £70k???

You think it is ok for anybody to be able to claim more in state handouts of tax payers money than most get by working hard every day and are paying for it?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Firstly you do not know how much is lost to tax evasion.

Of course I am not a supporter of tax evasion.

That is a different subject to just hiking up tax rates, and You didn't address my points.

Secondly, you think it is ok for 4 families to be claiming nearly half a million pounds a year in benefit?

You think it is ok for anybody to be able to claim more in state handouts of tax payers money than most get by working hard every day and are paying for it?
You're obviously unable to place matters into any perspective whatsoever.

As of September 2013

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2013/09/13/benefit-errors-cost-1-million-a-day-tax-avoidance-and-evasion-cost-260-million-a-day/

Of course there is also the £18.5 Billion in lost taxation due to tax havens, which hold in excess of £1.3 trillion for UK citizens.

Let me know when the penny drops, you need to stop arse licking and cap doffing to your so called betters, and get with the reality.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Again you Are answering a question that I wasn't asking.

Plus your 'source' for the 260million a day is a blog And The writer admits that The figures are just 'his estimate'....

I have already said I am against tax evasion so why are not still persisting with this straw man argument???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Again you Are answering a question that I wasn't asking.

Plus your 'source' for the 260million a day is a blog And The writer admits that The figures are just 'his estimate'....

I have already said I am against tax evasion so why are not still persisting with this straw man argument???

You're beginning to bore me now, it's quite pathetic witnessing your complete and utter lack of knowledge regarding economics and taxation, your defence of troughers, vultures and parasites is unworthy and your indifference to the plight of the poor and those less fortunate defines a most unpleasant character trait, and if you cannot see the reality for what it is, nor grasp the facts for what they are, then I don't see any point in continuing this discussion.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:08 pm

It is labour lefties like you who have a complete lack of understanding on economics and taxation Scrat.

Happy to hand out £50, 60 ,70, 80, 90, 100k a year in benefits to those who refuse to work and have those who do work getting taxed more to pay for it.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It is labour lefties like you who have a complete lack of understanding on economics and taxation Scrat.

Happy to hand out £50, 60 ,70, 80, 90, 100k a year in benefits to those who refuse to work and have those who do work getting taxed more to pay for it.

You are really disgusting, and most on here don't even bother to challenge or even combat your views.

What makes me feel really sad, is that some people that i really trusted, and let into confidence(S)....In the end they have turned out to be RW scum. Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:27 pm

I tell the truth.

Some people don't like the truth and rather it was hidden away....
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:35 pm

David Blunkett was an exceptional MP.

Shame Ed can't appreciate the expertise he has on the opposition back benches.  

The nodders who always agree with ED are pathetic.  Weak and will wreak the country within a year if he gets the keys.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down