NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could We Ever Teleport Human Beings?

+2
gerber
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

Could We Ever Teleport Human Beings? Empty Could We Ever Teleport Human Beings?

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Could We Ever Teleport Human Beings? Teleportation

Lately it seems like the research world has launched into a full-throttle game of “what superpower would you choose?” For those who desire invisibility, engineers are developing exotic materials that can bend an object’s light completely out of view. For would-be telepaths, neurobiologists are working on ways to read one person’s brain wave patterns and transmit them into another person’s head.

My personal favorite, though, is perhaps the most outrageous fantasy power of all: teleportation, the ability to arrive without traveling. Imagine being able to dematerialize from your living room and show up the next moment in Venice or the Amazon rainforest or the rings of Saturn (wearing an appropriate space suit, of course). The idea is so seductive that it has been a mainstay of science fiction since the early days of Star Trek and Doctor Who, but it also seems an affront to common sense.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. If you are anything like me, you want to know about the unlimited form of teleportation, the kind that beams people from place to place. Let me temper your enthusiasm with two considerations, one philosophical and one technological.

First, extracting all the information from Captain Kirk’s body (or yours) requires knowing the physical state of every atom, which would require total disintegration. Each time Kirk steps into the transporter, then, he is committing suicide and then getting reborn at the other end. Second, the amount of information required to re-create him is staggering — about 4.5 x 1042 bits, by one estimate, determined recently as part of a highly entertaining graduate physics project at the University of Leicester.

Nobody knows how to collect and transmit that much information. And remember how the slightest disturbance ruins quantum entanglement? The process of reassembling your atoms would inherently scramble the information. At this point, it’s suicide at one end without rebirth at the other. Kirk might as well put on a red shirt first.

The teleportation situation becomes much less bleak if you bend the definition a bit, however. As many a video game player has noticed, the human brain has a remarkable ability to project itself outside the body and into other objects or virtual spaces. NASA is exploiting that ability with Human Exploration Telerobotics, a project that lets astronauts “inhabit” robots in locations that are fatal or inaccessible. A mechanical astronaut will soon be strolling outside the International Space Station. In the near future, you might be able to experience space exploration vicariously through a Mars rover or mechanical arms poking at a distant asteroid.

If that’s too much of a cheat for you, how about a DNA fax machine? Biotech guru J. Craig Venter proposes that if we find microbial life on Mars, we could sequence its genome locally, transmit the information and rebuild the organism here on Earth. In principle, Venter notes, the process could go the other way: It would be possible to send human DNA, along with an appropriate incubator, to distant planets and synthesize people at the other end. Then your clone could start setting up shop on a world orbiting Alpha Centauri B.

http://discovermagazine.com/2014/julyaug/20-the-ups-and-downs-of-teleportation
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Could We Ever Teleport Human Beings? Empty Re: Could We Ever Teleport Human Beings?

Post by gerber Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:41 pm

The Bahamas please.............

Spit spat.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Could We Ever Teleport Human Beings? Empty Re: Could We Ever Teleport Human Beings?

Post by nicko Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:58 am

HEY wolf, when did you come back? Rolling Eyes Wink 
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:06 am

Lone Wolf wrote:Neutral 

THE way I've always looked at it ~ they may well be able to transport the physical body by breaking it down and recreating it at the receiving end...

BUT what about the thoughts, emotions,  memories, feelings, and automatic reactions, and not forgetting that inexplicable "life force" ~ those "non physical" factors that make you "You" ???

IF they can't be 'teleported' at the same time, than all you will have at the receiving end is so much dead meat.    Arrow

The section about perfectly re-creating all the information about the body, including mental factors, was interesting but discouraging ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:37 am

Philadelphia Experiment.....???
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:02 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Could We Ever Teleport Human Beings? Teleportation

Lately it seems like the research world has launched into a full-throttle game of “what superpower would you choose?” For those who desire invisibility, engineers are developing exotic materials that can bend an object’s light completely out of view. For would-be telepaths, neurobiologists are working on ways to read one person’s brain wave patterns and transmit them into another person’s head.

My personal favorite, though, is perhaps the most outrageous fantasy power of all: teleportation, the ability to arrive without traveling. Imagine being able to dematerialize from your living room and show up the next moment in Venice or the Amazon rainforest or the rings of Saturn (wearing an appropriate space suit, of course). The idea is so seductive that it has been a mainstay of science fiction since the early days of Star Trek and Doctor Who, but it also seems an affront to common sense.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. If you are anything like me, you want to know about the unlimited form of teleportation, the kind that beams people from place to place. Let me temper your enthusiasm with two considerations, one philosophical and one technological.

First, extracting all the information from Captain Kirk’s body (or yours) requires knowing the physical state of every atom, which would require total disintegration. Each time Kirk steps into the transporter, then, he is committing suicide and then getting reborn at the other end. Second, the amount of information required to re-create him is staggering — about 4.5 x 1042 bits, by one estimate, determined recently as part of a highly entertaining graduate physics project at the University of Leicester.

Nobody knows how to collect and transmit that much information. And remember how the slightest disturbance ruins quantum entanglement? The process of reassembling your atoms would inherently scramble the information. At this point, it’s suicide at one end without rebirth at the other. Kirk might as well put on a red shirt first.

The teleportation situation becomes much less bleak if you bend the definition a bit, however. As many a video game player has noticed, the human brain has a remarkable ability to project itself outside the body and into other objects or virtual spaces. NASA is exploiting that ability with Human Exploration Telerobotics, a project that lets astronauts “inhabit” robots in locations that are fatal or inaccessible. A mechanical astronaut will soon be strolling outside the International Space Station. In the near future, you might be able to experience space exploration vicariously through a Mars rover or mechanical arms poking at a distant asteroid.

If that’s too much of a cheat for you, how about a DNA fax machine? Biotech guru J. Craig Venter proposes that if we find microbial life on Mars, we could sequence its genome locally, transmit the information and rebuild the organism here on Earth. In principle, Venter notes, the process could go the other way: It would be possible to send human DNA, along with an appropriate incubator, to distant planets and synthesize people at the other end. Then your clone could start setting up shop on a world orbiting Alpha Centauri B.

http://discovermagazine.com/2014/julyaug/20-the-ups-and-downs-of-teleportation
Er....no
It`s not ever going to be possible to teleport a living organism  and there are many reasons for this
However a case could be made for inanimate object (although you would not actually be transporting them )being recreated we kind of do that now with a 3d printer only the complexity is limited but a living entity can never be "moved" from one location to the other
Funnily enough, this is a question answered  in star trek (OS) in the 60s and 70s they had to invent a device called the The Heisenberg compensator

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Heisenberg_compensator

The Heisenberg compensatorwas a component of the transporter system. The compensator worked around the problems caused by the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, allowing the transporter sensors to compensate for their inability to determine both the position and momentum of the target particles to the same degree of accuracy. This ensured the matter stream remained coherent during transport, and no data was lost.

Also (and I can't find a link) "Bones" pointed out that first you would have to destroy the original, convert the information into a Data stream and reassemble

So technically your not the same person just a replica of the original much like a 3d printer does witch is a 3d scan of the original converted in to data transmitted to an outher device and recreated

Now we face another problem as demonstrated in countless SF stories

What happens if you don't destroy the original ? Then you have two people identical who is the real one ?

Say because of an outside force the data become corrupt in transmission  what you send is not necessarily what you get that a problem with the transmitter data Could We Ever Teleport Human Beings? Sporkf10

Let's say a hacker could change the data so that you could be programmed with different beliefs of attitudes towards a situation or idea or ideology this was a plot device in an other gene roddenbery creation earth final conflict
i could go on

many things in SF have come true especially in start trek mobile phones space flight

Scotty traded the formula matrix for transparent aluminum -- a huge engineering advancement -- for sheets of plexiglass in order to build a tank to transport the two humpback whales (George and Gracie) to the Earth of their time. The claim was that you'd be able to replace six-inch  thick Plexiglas with one-inch (2.5-centimeter) thick see-through aluminum.

It may sound impossible, but there is such a thing as transparent aluminum armor or aluminum oxynitride (ALON) as it's more commonly known. ALON is a ceramic material that starts out as a powder before heat and pressure turn it into a crystalline form similar to glass. Once in the crystalline form, the material is strong enough to withstand bullets.

Hypospray is a form of hypodermic injection of medication. A hypospray injection is forced under the skin (a subcutaneous injection) with high air pressure.

This could be the closest thing to the Universal Translator in "Star Trek": a real-time video translation service for Microsoft's Skype.

Microsoft demonstrated the potentials of its "Skype Translator" service at the inaugural Code Conference in California.

its a big list

but i am afraid transporting living things will never be on that list

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:11 am

It seems so, thanks for an interesting read, though.

I just can't help but dream of a way to travel without risking your life, belongings or sanity Smile

I've wondered about the whole original-vs.-replica issue when talk of the "singularity" comes up as well. It seems that at least briefly you would have to have two versions of the original, and that the copy could never rightly consider itself to "be" the original ... mind-bending stuff!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:12 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Philadelphia Experiment.....???
wasn`t a method of transporting
it was i think intended to cloak the ships or surround them with a shield something like that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:17 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:It seems so, thanks for an interesting read, though.

I just can't help but dream of a way to travel without risking your life, belongings or sanity Smile

I've wondered about the whole original-vs.-replica issue when talk of the "singularity" comes up as well. It seems that at least briefly you would have to have two versions of the original, and that the copy could never rightly consider itself to "be" the original ... Mind-bending stuff!
A singularity is a black hole more used for time travel and powering ships in SF

Folding space is your best bet for instantaneous travel also in a lot of SF and theoretically more plausible

Last edited by Korban_Dallas on Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:19 am

Korban_Dallas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:It seems so, thanks for an interesting read, though.

I've wondered about the whole original-vs.-replica issue when talk of the "singularity" comes up as well. It seems that at least briefly you would have to have two versions of the original, and that the copy could never rightly consider itself to "be" the original ... mind-bending stuff!
a singularity is a black hole more used for time travel and powering ships in SF

Folding space is your best bet for instantaneous travel also in a lot of SF and theoretically more plsusable

I mean the technological singularity, being able to upload yourself into a computer network to live until the universe dies, that sort of thing. We used to talk about that a lot here before it became all Muslims and UKIP ... Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:34 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:
a singularity is a black hole more used for time travel and powering ships in SF

Folding space is your best bet for instantaneous travel also in a lot of SF and theoretically more plsusable

I mean the technological singularity, being able to upload yourself into a computer network to live until the universe dies, that sort of thing. We used to talk about that a lot here before it became all Muslims and UKIP ... Smile
same problem ben
when you upload an mp`3 you still have it

All would exist on the net  is the copy... ok a bloody good copy, but a copy of your nural information nevertheless

it would not be you......(it might think it is ).. but there is some leeway in that that could be debated depending on whether when you upload what happens to your body

does it die

And the fundamental question is what is, consciousness can you upload what makes you you I don't think so you are a sum of the whole what would you loose
But also postulated in SF
The episode "Spocks brain" is one that comes to mind and I could cite more that a few if I put my mind to it (no pun intended)  

Sorry for all the SF references, but I am a huge geek and have an encyclopedic knowledge of SF

lawnmower man
stargate

ps do you watch much SF ben ?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:46 am

We I think it all becomes Irrelevant ones we upload ourselves and do away with bodies  Smile 

then you can just treat synthetic bodies like disposable/share bodies and use an electronic network to 'teleport' from one to another Plus you could make bodies specialized to the task required and just generally exist in a virtual 'heaven' when not loaded into a body.

Your original Body would be dead
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:58 am

veya_victaous wrote:We I think it all becomes Irrelevant ones we upload ourselves and do away with bodies  Smile 

then you can just treat synthetic bodies like disposable/share bodies and use an electronic network to 'teleport' from one to another Plus you could make bodies specialized to the task required and just generally exist in a virtual 'heaven' when not loaded into a body.

when you die almost all measurable electrical activity stops
However, technically that's not correct what dies is the control center every cell is still alive for the most part
All these cells make up you
they talk to your brain being told what to do by various autonomic responses
A synthetic body would not have this because that would be a living organism
remember we are not just a brain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:09 am

i think you would have to download every bit of electrical energy to the quantum level of your whole body not just the brain that violates Heisenbergs uncertainty principle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:07 am

Korban_Dallas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:

same problem ben
when you upload an mp`3 you still have it

All would exist on the net  is the copy... ok a bloody good copy, but a copy of your nural information nevertheless

it would not be you......(it might think it is ).. but there is some leeway in that that could be debated depending on whether when you upload what happens to your body

does it die

And the fundamental question is what is, consciousness can you upload what makes you you I don't think so you are a sum of the whole what would you loose
But also postulated in SF
The episode "Spocks brain" is one that comes to mind and I could cite more that a few if I put my mind to it (no pun intended)  

Sorry for all the SF references, but I am a huge geek and have an encyclopedic knowledge of SF

lawnmower man
stargate

ps do you watch much SF ben ?

I watch what I consider to be a lot, but probably not enough for true geek cred Smile But your position is thought-provoking, even if it does burst a few of my prized bubbles ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Korban_Dallas wrote:
it was i think intended to cloak the ships or surround them with a shield something like that

It is said that the ship in question appeared somewhere else.....

When it reappeared back, the men on board were moulded into the actual ship itself, with parts of them actually in the metal.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:28 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:

It is said that the ship in question appeared somewhere else.....

When it reappeared back, the men on board were moulded into the actual ship itself, with parts of them actually in the metal.
Agreed however my point is it wasn't an experiment in transporting objects

and although as you say  allegedly the men on board were molded into the actual ship act no evidence to support that story exists and is mostly all conjecture

In theory a super massive electrical field could have destabilized the molecular cohesion of the ship and or people causing the phenomenon reported and coupled with the effect such a field would produce Ie bending light it could have been a mirage
Similar to the way the apparent position of stars is changed due to the effect of  gravity
Could We Ever Teleport Human Beings? Deflec10
The following image shows the deflection of light rays that pass close to a spherical mass. To make the effect visible, this mass was chosen to have the same value as the Sun's but to have a diameter five thousand times smaller (i.e., a density 125 billion times larger) than the Sun's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:38 pm

The thing is though if your body was broken apart like that you would technically be dead for the duration of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Summers wrote:The thing is though if your body was broken apart like that you would technically be dead for the duration of it.
personally I don`t think technically dead is correct
i think You would be actually dead for reasons i explained above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:19 pm

That's what I was trying to think of when I started reading this thread!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:17 am

Korban_Dallas wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:We I think it all becomes Irrelevant ones we upload ourselves and do away with bodies  Smile 

However, technically  that's not correct what dies is the control center every cell is still alive for the most part
they talk  to your brain being told what to do by various autonomic responses

but the real body has to do a lot of thing that a synthetic one wouldn't Like breathe and digest adjust to temperature etc. IF you view the synthetic bodies to be more like the droids in star wars or a lunar rover. Advanced synthetic bodies could be biomechanical and thus have the greater sensory capacity.

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/scientists-are-convinced-mind-transfer-is-the-key-to-immortality

http://www.kurzweilai.net/hawking-predicts-uploading-the-brain-into-a-computer

some disagree
http://hplusmagazine.com/2014/04/24/mind-uploading-wont-lead-to-immortality/

but I think they misunderstand the idea of caching and temp files and how this could be applied to the 'mind transfer' but to successfully 'transfer' and not 'cyber clone' the original will have to be stopped when the transfer is complete. No different that cutting over a major computer system to new hardware. you could leave them both running concurrently but the variation in experiences from that point would render them Different (again no difference than when running a major systems on its original and upgraded hardware concurrently)

debatable philosophy  :::grouch::  'We' are not even a Brain we are just bio electric currents that happen to be mainly reside in the organic matter we call brain and body.
the brain and body are just hardware and 'we' are the software  scratch 

All indications so far is that Biocomputation functions in a very similar binary signal method

obviously still a long way off but it does seem increasingly possible.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:29 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
We I think it all becomes Irrelevant ones we upload ourselves and do away with bodies  Smile 

However, technically  that's not correct what dies is the control center every cell is still alive for the most part

"Brain the size of a planet, but does anyone care !"

You would need one hell of a gigantic bank of hard drives (or better yet, SSDs) to record all of that information recorded electrically in the human body..

Bring on the biological/molecular level computer memory storage still at the laboratory stage ~ and by then you could well be carrying the contents of an average human brain in your hand...   Idea 

Not really as so much of the brains current function is used maintaining the rather inefficient hardware it is straddled with.
do we need the software that get the heart to pump or the legs to walk when neither is in our new body?  Suspect  how much inefficient/excess/obsolete code can we delete from the core program that is 'us' if we no longer needed to maintain a functional body (as we exist in the Virtual dimension and just load ourselves onto interacting hardware (droids etc) which can be pre installed with all the 'drivers' you need to control the functions of the Unit you are loaded into, when we want to do something in "reality v0.1 beta" a.k.a real world we currently live in. Most of the time we will 'live' in "reality v2.0"
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:26 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:

but the real body has to do a lot of thing that a synthetic one wouldn't Like breathe and digest adjust to temperature etc. IF you  view the synthetic bodies to be more like the droids in star wars or a lunar rover. Advanced synthetic bodies could be biomechanical and thus have the greater sensory capacity.  

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/scientists-are-convinced-mind-transfer-is-the-key-to-immortality

http://www.kurzweilai.net/hawking-predicts-uploading-the-brain-into-a-computer

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/159914.php

some disagree
http://hplusmagazine.com/2014/04/24/mind-uploading-wont-lead-to-immortality/

but I think they misunderstand the idea of caching and temp files and how this could be applied to the 'mind transfer' but to successfully 'transfer' and not 'cyber clone' the original will have to be stopped when the transfer is complete. No different that cutting over a major computer system to new hardware.  you could leave them both running concurrently but the variation in experiences from that point would render them Different (again no difference than when running a major systems on its original and upgraded hardware concurrently)

debatable philosophy  :::grouch::  'We' are not even a Brain we are just bio electric currents that happen to be mainly reside in the organic matter we call brain and body.
the brain and body are just hardware and 'we' are the software  scratch 

All indications so far is that Biocomputation functions in a very similar binary signal method

obviously still a long way off but it does seem increasingly possible.
you will find this  interesting

The second brain in our stomachs

Our own stomachs may be something of a dark mystery to most of us, but new research is revealing the surprising ways in which our guts exert control over our mood and appetite.

Not many of us get the chance to watch our own stomach's digestion in action.

But along with an audience at London's Science Museum, I recently watched live pictures from my own stomach as the porridge I had eaten for breakfast was churned, broken up, exposed to acid and then pushed out into my small intestine as a creamy mush called chyme.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

There are over 100 million brain cells in your gut, as many as there are in the head of a cat”

I had swallowed a miniature camera in the form of a pill that would spend the day travelling through my digestive system, projecting images onto a giant screen.

Its first stop was my stomach, whose complex work is under the control of what's sometimes called "the little brain", a network of neurons that line your stomach and your gut.

Surprisingly, there are over 100 million of these cells in your gut, as many as there are in the head of a cat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18779997

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:54 am

that's my point, all that to maintain digestive needs related to the maintenance of our hardware....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enteric_nervous_system
the enteric nervous system capable of carrying reflexes and acting as an integrating center in the absence of CNS input. The sensory neurons report on mechanical and chemical conditions. Through intestinal muscles, the motor neurons control peristalsis and churning of intestinal contents.
It Doesn't think or contain personality just reflexive responsive to digestive events

and the Cat thing is wrong
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_by_number_of_neurons
300,000,000 neurons in a cats cerebral cortex alone..
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:41 am

veya_victaous wrote:that's my point, all that to maintain digestive needs related to the maintenance of our hardware....
the enteric nervous system capable of carrying reflexes and acting as an integrating center in the absence of CNS input. The sensory neurons report on mechanical and chemical conditions. Through intestinal muscles, the motor neurons control peristalsis and churning of intestinal contents.
It Doesn't think or contain personality just reflexive responsive to digestive events

given our limited understanding of the brain and its communication systems I don`t think we can definitively state that as a fact and
the computer analogy i think misses the point that each bit of hardware does communicate with the processor infact the GPU is a mini brain it has its own proceser or brain and without it your buggered (older cards don`t obviously but that could be analogous to lesser species )

my point is we really don`t know where or even what consciousness is
Yes, we think it's in the brain it feels like it's in the brain, but that's not necessarily the case

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:49 am

while he was imprisoned in a castle, Avicenna wrote his famous "Floating Man" thought experiment to demonstrate human self-awareness and the substantiality of the soul. His "Floating Man" thought experiment tells its readers to imagine themselves suspended in the air, isolated from all sensations, which includes no sensory contact with even their own bodies. He argues that, in this scenario, one would still have self-consciousness. He thus concludes that the idea of the self is not logically dependent on any physical thing, and that the soul should not be seen in relative terms, but as a primary given, a substance.

This argument was later refined and simplified by René Descartes in epistemic terms when he stated: "I can abstract from the supposition of all external things, but not from the supposition of my own consciousness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_self

so I suppose the information could be uploaded, but the self.........?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Korben, I read that The ship actually appeared miles away briefly....

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:31 am

veya_victaous wrote:that's my point, all that to maintain digestive needs related to the maintenance of our hardware....

http://vidto.me/jfph7s9r3hf4.html

not about teleporting but the technological singularity of the mind ....you got to love Jonny dep

Transcendence

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:37 pm

remember "The fly" affraid 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down