NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THAT'S IT...I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

+6
Andy
Irn Bru
stardesk
Tommy Monk
Cass
Fred Moletrousers
10 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

THAT'S IT...I'VE HAD ENOUGH! Empty THAT'S IT...I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:41 pm

If anyone else asks me "are you watching the big match tonight?" I swear to God that I'll f*cking strangle them.

So far today I have been asked that question by the window cleaner, the postman, the Indian who runs the village shop and the Polish (or Ukranian, or Lithanian or Latvian) bint at the Tesco checkout.

NO I F*CKING WELL WON'T!

I hate "footie" with a passion. Twenty two grotesquely overpaid prima donnas who would be hard pressed to rustle up three brain cells between 'em kicking a bladder round a field is something that I rate lower in my catalogue of priorities than watching paint dry. Or grass grow.

I would far rather have a root canal procedure without anesthetic that be forced to watch 90 minutes of grown men spitting and scratching their balls.

I am sick to the back teeth of turning on BBC 24 Hour "news" only to see some so-called "manager" who couldn't manage a bingo hall prattling on about a match that was played decades ago or lionising some pimply, semi literate teenage twat who is being hailed as the next Bobby Charlton or David Beckham (who he?)...predictably sitting in front of a set of Marler Hayley screens bearing company logos advertising everything from hemorrhoid cream to condoms.

I almost puke at seeing some twenty-something slip of a girl presenter pretending to be a sports "correspondent" at the World Cup when she probably achieved little more than a reserve slot in the under-13's hockey team at Biggleswade Comprehensive, pontificating about the offside rule - or even (Christ preserve us!) rugby league.

In sheer bloody desperation I turned to Freeview's Movies for men this afternoon, hoping to escape from the acres of drivel and garbage being spouted about some f*cking "footie" match being played in a South American banana republic tonight, only to find that all that's on offer is a string of old black and white Westerns with John Wayne doing his bit to decimate the Indian (sorry, "Native American") population by the simple expedient of shooting their effin' heads off, as a special celebration of...you guessed it...the f*cking World f*cking Cup.

So, it's me for monastic orders. I'm going to sign up as a novice in a Trappist monastery in the hope that I can escape this mad, mad world of football mania.

Though with my luck (if I fell into a barrel of tits I'd come up sucking my thumb!) they'll probably have cancelled evensong mass in favour of watching twenty two arseholes running around a field and hugging each other like a bunch of gays at a Julian Clary Tupperware party every time somebody manages to kick that bloody bladder between two sticks.

Back to top Go down

THAT'S IT...I'VE HAD ENOUGH! Empty Re: THAT'S IT...I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Laughing 

That was fcuking awesome Ed!!..and to think all those foreigners here in Britain were asking you if you would be tuning into the England match!, unless of course , they regard themselves as English too?!

Ok, nae mair tak o' fitba!! Laughing

..and speak of Julian Clary, you may be as well dusting down your Julain DVD's and watching them to escape the footy? Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:59 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:If anyone else asks me "are you watching the big match tonight?" I swear to God that I'll f*cking strangle them.

So far today I have been asked that question by the window cleaner, the postman, the Indian who runs the village shop and the Polish (or Ukranian, or Lithanian or Latvian) bint at the Tesco checkout.

NO I F*CKING WELL WON'T!

I hate "footie" with a passion. Twenty two grotesquely overpaid prima donnas who would be hard pressed to rustle up three brain cells between 'em kicking a bladder round a field is something that I rate lower in my catalogue of priorities than watching paint dry. Or grass grow.

I would far rather have a root canal procedure without anesthetic that be forced to watch 90 minutes of grown men spitting and scratching their balls.

I am sick to the back teeth of turning on BBC 24 Hour "news" only to see some so-called "manager" who couldn't manage a bingo hall prattling on about a match that was played decades ago or lionising some pimply, semi literate teenage twat who is being hailed as the next Bobby Charlton or David Beckham (who he?)...predictably sitting in front of a set of Marler Hayley screens bearing company logos advertising everything from hemorrhoid cream to condoms.

I almost puke at seeing some twenty-something slip of a girl presenter pretending to be a sports "correspondent" at the World Cup when she probably achieved little more than a reserve slot in the under-13's hockey team at Biggleswade Comprehensive, pontificating about the offside rule - or even (Christ preserve us!) rugby league.

In sheer bloody desperation I turned to Freeview's Movies for men this afternoon, hoping to escape from the acres of drivel and garbage being spouted about some f*cking "footie" match being played in a South American banana republic tonight, only to find that all that's on offer is a string of old black and white Westerns with John Wayne doing his bit to decimate the Indian (sorry, "Native American") population by the simple expedient of shooting their effin' heads off, as a special celebration of...you guessed it...the f*cking World f*cking Cup.

So, it's me for monastic orders. I'm going to sign up as a novice in a Trappist monastery in the hope that I can escape this mad, mad world of football mania.

Though with my luck (if I fell into a barrel of tits I'd come up sucking my thumb!) they'll probably have cancelled evensong mass in favour of watching twenty two arseholes running around a field and hugging each other like a bunch of gays at a Julian Clary Tupperware party every time somebody manages to kick that bloody bladder between two sticks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:40 pm

oh me lord I do love you and this ia one of the reasons why lol x
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:06 pm

Brilliant!

lol!

I can't stand football either in normal circumstances, but I do watch England games and I will be watching later.

Although I did stick a fiver on Italy to win The tournament earlier at 28/1....

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:18 pm

Ben, is there some sort of award for fitting root canal, John Wayne westerns, monastic orders and condoms into a single post?

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:45 pm

And I say the same, you can stick football where the don't shine. Footballers are like pop stars etc, they get paid excessive wages just for kicking a ball around.

What I find annoying is ITV has taken off progs I like to watch just to put on the world cup. Well stuff off, I want a refund of my telly licence.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:If anyone else asks me "are you watching the big match tonight?" I swear to God that I'll f*cking strangle them.

NO I F*CKING WELL WON'T!

I can imagine what it's like down there Fred and it would be the same up here if we were playing but we're not so not much being said really. Did see a van with two English flags sticking out of it but that's about it really.

Just out of interest what do you think the score will be?  Smile 

Quick update - they've just got off the team bus about 10 minutes ago and they have gone into the stadium.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:00 pm

I am just settling down to watch the first of the England games - the only ones I have an interest in- with a bottle of white Zinfandel chilling off in the freezer. Htmbe has retired to bed, I am watching on my new Samsung 42" led tv with my B&O headphones.
It's the only bit of sporting tv pleasure I get - allowmy ly little pleasure.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:18 pm

Thought you Scots would all be out with your Italy flags........

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Thought you Scots would all be out with your Italy flags........

lol!

Oh no. The Scots want the England team to get through to the knockout stages because the TV coverage is better if they are still in.

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Just watched the Uruguay/Costa Rica game.   Flippin brilliant, and Moley, 22 men, some good looking some not, but all fit as hell and wearing tight shirts lol   Might not interest you but it does me!

Absolutely no kissing and hugging, a fantastic game that the underdogs won by playing sheer clever footie.   Glued every minute.

BTW Moley, the female blonde BBC sports presenter is Gaby Logan who was an international gymnast. She's the daughter of Yorath who played for Leeds United and was a Welsh internation and football manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:39 pm

What a fab goal!  cheers 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:43 pm

Sure was!

Was about to give up on the England match because it was so boring, but now both sides have scored in quick succession so I'm going back to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:21 am

Obviously Fred is an infidel dog who must die in de streets, where de streets will flow with de blood of de nonbelievers ...

... but the slight against 20-something slips of girls was the worst part, 20-something slips of girls are responsible for 99 percent of all world economic activity:

THAT'S IT...I'VE HAD ENOUGH! Rich-Ugly-Guys-With-Super-Hot-Chicks-1

Do you want the world plunged into the chaos which would erupt from a global economic catastrophe?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:36 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Brilliant!

lol!

I can't stand football either in normal circumstances, but I do watch England games and I will be watching later.

Although I did stick a fiver on Italy to win The tournament earlier at 28/1....

28/1? Blimey, that's good...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:54 pm

stardesk wrote:And I say the same, you can stick football where the don't shine. Footballers are like pop stars etc, they get paid excessive wages just for kicking a ball around.

What I find annoying is ITV has taken off progs I like to watch just to put on the world cup. Well stuff off, I want a refund of my telly licence.

In fairness they have to train to top athletic standard in a sport which is physically more arduous than most. But ultimately yes, cancel if you feel strongly enough about it.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:40 pm

Prefer playing sports than watching them fleakeeper....

Not everyone here likes football you know.... is that a just a poor stereotype or association fallacy...?

Just like not All Australians are called Bruce and walk around with corks dangling from their hats....

Don't mind a kickabout but our football league is too full of foreigners.....

These days you could have an 'English' team with one or two actual English in it.

And none actually from the local area the team is supposed to represent.

Not at all how it used to be or how it should still be.

Another example of too many foreigners spoiling things....!!!

And yes, I did put a fiver on Italy because they are a good side and will be more used to the heat out in Brazil than a lot of other teams.

I have also got England in a sweepstake.

Of course my heart says England, but my head says probably not this year..... you should always bet with your head...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Prefer playing sports than watching them fleakeeper....

Not everyone here likes football you know.... is that a just a poor stereotype or association fallacy...?

Just like not All Australians are called Bruce and walk around with corks dangling from their hats....

Don't mind a kickabout but our football league is too full of foreigners.....

These days you could have an 'English' team with one or two actual English in it.

And none actually from the local area the team is supposed to represent.

Not at all how it used to be or how it should still be.

Another example of too many foreigners spoiling things....!!!

And yes, I did put a fiver on Italy because they are a good side and will be more used to the heat out in Brazil than a lot of other teams.

I have also got England in a sweepstake.

Of course my heart says England, but my head says probably not this year..... you should always bet with your head...!!!

By "actual English" I'm assuming you mean not just born and bred in England, but white... is that right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:04 pm

No.

I'm talkijg about the huge number of foreign nationals playing in the 'English' premier league.

But while we are at it... little side issue....why is Mo representing England in The commonwealth games?

He was born in Somalia to somalian parents so is Somalian.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:11 pm

Ahh, beg your pardon. I thought we were still talking about the national side... Yes, ESPN is now an international rather than an English league, just like Serie A.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:06 pm

Whats an actual Australian,,?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No.

I'm talkijg about the huge number of foreign nationals playing in the 'English' premier league.

But while we are at it... little side issue....why is Mo representing England in The commonwealth games?

He was born in Somalia to somalian parents so is Somalian.

You disgusting little twerp.

Farah was born on 23 March 1983 in Mogadishu, Somalia.[22] He spent the early years of his childhood in Djibouti with his twin brother.[23] He later moved to Britain at the age of eight to join his father, speaking barely a word of English.[23][24] His dad, Mukhtar Farah, is an IT consultant and a British citizen, who was born in London, England and grew up in Hounslow.[25][26][27] Mohamed's parents had met during a holiday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Farah

Mo is British and we are very glad he is British. He is a gentleman by any meaning of the word and an asset to this country.

Unlike some I could mention.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:32 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
lovedust wrote:
By "actual English" I'm assuming you mean not just born and bred in England, but white... is that right?
lol!
Only one of your hats eh?
So you do have a sense of humour after all!!!
You are probably right Argentina or Brazil probably but the odds were a bit shit.
Germany are lacking in strikers, heard on radio they only had two, and one of them was injured in the friendly games last week.
Holland, yes, didn't they do well!
And very possible winners, but I already had my money on Italy by then...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Sassy you doughnut, his father is Somalian too.

He was also born in Somalia to Somalian parents.

He wasn't on holiday, he was on a trip back to his home country.

His father might have a British passport but he is still Somalian by ethnicity, by parantage and by place of birth.

Just like Mo farrah.

Born in Somalia to Somalian parents.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:44 pm

You are truly disgusting.   His father is British and born in London. Mo and his family are British no matter where they happened to have been born.   He is an asset, you are most definitely not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:14 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Obviously Fred is an infidel dog who must die in de streets, where de streets will flow with de blood of de nonbelievers ...

... but the slight against 20-something slips of girls was the worst part, 20-something slips of girls are responsible for 99 percent of all world economic activity:

Do you want the world plunged into the chaos which would erupt from a global economic catastrophe?

Hello Ben. Tell me, just where did you get that photograph of myself and my housekeeper Mademoiselle Fifi la Poitrine discussing the menu for the annual East Cheam hunt ball, which I have the great honour to be hosting at Moletrousers Castle next week?

So far we have decided on chicken breasts in a piquant sauce. I wanted something like bull's testicles marinated in a strong, rough vin du pays, but Fifi was most insistent....
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:27 pm

Anyone can change things in Wikipedia....
The twins’ father is Muktar Farah. He had left Somalia as a young man and settled in London where he worked as an IT consultant. During a holiday visit to his homeland he married Amran – and decided to stay. They made a life together in Mogadishu and already had two sons and a daughter when the twins arrived.
Mohammed and Hassan were born in Mogadishu in March 1983......
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2190417/Revealed-We-twin-brother-Mo-Farah-forced-abandon-child-war-torn-Somalia-tells-harrowing-story-separated-aged-parents-agonising-decision.html
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:34 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Anyone can change things in Wikipedia....
The twins’ father is Muktar Farah. He had left Somalia as a young man and settled in London where he worked as an IT consultant. During a holiday visit to his homeland he married Amran – and decided to stay. They made a life together in Mogadishu and already had two sons and a daughter when the twins arrived.
Mohammed and Hassan were born in Mogadishu in March 1983......
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2190417/Revealed-We-twin-brother-Mo-Farah-forced-abandon-child-war-torn-Somalia-tells-harrowing-story-separated-aged-parents-agonising-decision.html

So using your illogical view, the Heir to the British Throne is foreign and not British or English?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:56 pm

Farrah was born in Somalia, to Somalian parents who were also born in Somalia from Somalian parents.

Dodge you always tell us that if someone is born here then they are British.....

Farrah is Somalian.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:58 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Farrah was born in Somalia, to Somalian parents who were also born in Somalia from Somalian parents.

Dodge you always tell us that if someone is born here then they are British.....

Farrah is Somalian.

And again he fails to answer the question presented to him.

://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/: 

I use so much laughter with similes to show how utterly dumb an racist you are.

So again:

Using your illogical view, the Heir to the British Throne is foreign and not British or English?

Night all, have a good evening

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:59 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Obviously Fred is an infidel dog who must die in de streets, where de streets will flow with de blood of de nonbelievers ...

Hello Ben. Tell me, just where did you get that photograph of myself and my housekeeper Mademoiselle Fifi la Poitrine discussing the menu for the annual East Cheam hunt ball, which I have the great honour to be hosting at Moletrousers Castle next week?

So far we have decided on chicken breasts in a piquant sauce. I wanted something like bull's testicles marinated in a strong, rough vin du pays, but Fifi was most insistent....

Epic telephoto lens:

THAT'S IT...I'VE HAD ENOUGH! Redepic

(Canon Red Epic to be exact)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:28 pm

Where was The queen born dodge?

Where was prince Charles born dodge?

Where was prince William born dodge?

Where was baby prince George born dodge?

And where was mo farrah born dodge?

Where was farrahs parents born then dodge?

But you are saying that someone who wasn't born here and who's family go back generations elsewhere is more British than someone who was born here and who's family go back generations here...??????

lol!

What a twat!!!!

Have you been on the drugs again....????
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Shocked 

Fred Mole', Tommy M., Star' and Korben aren't Football fans !!!

HOW utterly un-English of them..

Must be something in the water, turning them all into handbag-waving, wrist-flapping commie Nancy boy Chinamen !     ::resmahauth:: 

P.S.    Tommy backed ITALY to win ?!?    ://?roflmao?/:

Can't speak for the others, old bean, but it could have been so much worse for me. Why, I might have evolved into a semi literate, almost house trained colonial descendant of a petty criminal from Bermondsey who probably unwisely chose transportation to t'other side of the world rather than face Jack Ketch and "the drop."
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:37 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Epic telephoto lens:

Awesome bit of kit there, mate. Beats my old Kodak Retina...
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:39 pm

All I know is, if this American announcer on ESPN during the France-Honduras game doesn't stop saying that the ball is "falling kindly," I'm going to smuggle myself into the landing gear of a plane to Brazil, track him down and smack him!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:40 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Epic telephoto lens:

The camera is awesome and you could spend more on that lens than on a new car!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:54 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I cut my photographic teeth, so to speak, on Canon cameras and lenses. My first serious camera was a Canon A1 with a 1.4 lens. Won one or two awards with that beauty.

My main interest, however, is the Eastman Kodak company and I have a collection of more than 200 of their cameras dating back to the 1890s, including a Type K24 with an f2.5 5X5 Aero-Ektar lens that came from, I think, a WW2 Boston bomber. I got it on e-Bay for a fiver...but it cost me 40 quid in courier fees!

Anyway, enough of that because (a) it will be boring everyone to racking sobs and (b) earn me a slap on the wrist for deviation.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:48 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I cut my photographic teeth, so to speak, on Canon cameras and lenses. My first serious camera was a Canon A1 with a 1.4 lens. Won one or two awards with that beauty.

My main interest, however, is the Eastman Kodak company and I have a collection of more than 200 of their cameras dating back to the 1890s, including a Type K24 with an f2.5 5X5 Aero-Ektar lens that came from, I think, a WW2 Boston bomber. I got it on e-Bay for a fiver...but it cost me 40 quid in courier fees!

Anyway, enough of that because (a) it will be boring everyone to racking sobs and (b) earn me a slap on the wrist for deviation.

Not a problem, we have a few people here into photography -- Caution and Sphinx spring to mind immediately. Maybe we need a NewsFix Photo Club Smile

Must admit, I don't know if I could have hacked it in the days before digital, it really reduces the learning curve. I got to interview Bob Jackson years and years ago, and it sounds like it was much harder in his day. He's the guy who took this photo:

THAT'S IT...I'VE HAD ENOUGH! 20131122__20131123_A1_CDXXBOBJACKSON~p2
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:46 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Not a problem, we have a few people here into photography -- Caution and Sphinx spring to mind immediately. Maybe we need a NewsFix Photo Club Smile

Must admit, I don't know if I could have hacked it in the days before digital, it really reduces the learning curve. I got to interview Bob Jackson years and years ago, and it sounds like it was much harder in his day. He's the guy who took this photo:

THAT'S IT...I'VE HAD ENOUGH! 20131122__20131123_A1_CDXXBOBJACKSON~p2

An iconic pic indeed!

Digital took most of the fun out of photography for me, I'm afraid. I used to spend far more time in the darkroom sloshing around in smelly chemicals than actually taking pix. Burning and dodging were true arts; no Photoshop in those days!

My avatar is one of a set of studies of a gorilla family that I took years ago, back in the days of good ol' Ilford B&W and a light meter dangling round yer neck. The big feller is Jambo, who became world famous in the mid 1980s when he stood (or rather sat) guard over a kid who had fallen into the deep gorilla enclosure at Jersey CI zoo. He warned all the other gorillas off until keepers could get in to take the child out...and believe me, when Jambo gave a warning look, as he is doing to me in that photo, it would be most unwise to ignore it!

Photo club, eh? I was once a member of an online club run as part of one of the old Ebay discussion groups, and it was very successful.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:26 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Can't speak for the others, old bean, but it could have been so much worse for me. Why, I might have evolved into a semi literate, almost house trained colonial descendant of a petty criminal from Bermondsey who probably unwisely chose transportation to t'other side of the world rather than face Jack Ketch and "the drop."

pale 

YOU lost me after "colonial.." there, Fredski !!!

Bermondsey ?  Is THAT where you and yours came from, Freddie ?
I reckon those mouldy English summers could be rotting your brain along with the woodwork..  :asbluras: 

Just as you lost me after the word water, Lone Lupus (or would that be Lone Loopy?)

The Moletrousers hail from Barnsley, not Bermondsey. To save you looking it up, that's a splendid town in God's own county of Yorkshire, where men are men and Australians are frightened, and is a couple of hundred miles north of the capital.

Having one's brain rotted could only be a consequence of possessing one to start with...and that would at least give me a considerable advantage over yourself.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:31 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
 pale 

YOU lost me after "colonial.." there, Fredski !!!

Bermondsey ?  Is THAT where you and yours came from, Freddie ?
I reckon those mouldy English summers could be rotting your brain along with the woodwork..  :asbluras: 

Just as you lost me after the word water, Lone Lupus (or would that be Lone Loopy?)

The Moletrousers hail from Barnsley, not Bermondsey. To save you looking it up, that's a splendid town in God's own county of Yorkshire, where men are men and Australians are frightened, and is a couple of hundred miles north of the capital.

Having one's brain rotted could only be a consequence of possessing one to start with...and that would at least give me a considerable advantage over yourself.

Morning (Just) Fred. You keep taking the pictures, they'll be around long after this England football team!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:37 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

pirat 

NOT to worry there, Frederick...

NO DOUBT one day you can take the next step beyond Kodak or Canon..

AND get yourself a  NIKON  !!!    tongue

(Truth be told, Fred - I do have Canon and Kodak in my much, much smaller camera collection..).

Nikon is a fine marque and easily the equal of Canon, and I would probably have bought one had it been compatible with my lens mounts.

Having donned a hair shirt and "gone digital" I now use a Lumix with a Leica lens; nice camera but not half the fun of an 80 year old Kodak Retina Type 119 with a Compur Rapid shutter and a Xenar f:3.5 lens. Ah, those were the days...
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:40 am

Sassy wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Morning (Just) Fred.   You keep taking the pictures, they'll be around long after this England football team!

Hello Sassy. I would venture to suggest that on present form my dinner will be around long after this England football team...
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:45 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Morning (Just) Fred.   You keep taking the pictures, they'll be around long after this England football team!

Hello Sassy. I would venture to suggest that on present form my dinner will be around long after this England football team...

OH reckons they will be home on Saturday!

I still have my very first camera, yep, Box Brownie. Never got into photography (perhaps the Box Brownie was to blame!) though and horror of horrors, take most of my pics on my phone (hang my head in shame).

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:26 pm

Sassy wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

OH reckons they will be home on Saturday!

I still have my very first camera, yep, Box Brownie.   Never got into photography (perhaps the Box Brownie was to blame!) though and horror of horrors, take most of my pics on my phone (hang my head in shame).

No shame at all! Phones are doing a brilliant job in that so many more people now record in pictures their daily lives and the lives of those around them and, more importantly IMO, so many users have become "citizen photo-journalists" because of their camera phones and the social media, giving all of us a greater insight into the lives of others. All to the good, so far as I'm concerned.

I have every colour of the old Box Brownie ever manufactured, including a rare silver version limited edition to commemorate the 1935 Silver Jubilee of George V.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum