NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russia Sends Tanks Into Eastern Ukraine

Go down

Russia Sends Tanks Into Eastern Ukraine Empty Russia Sends Tanks Into Eastern Ukraine

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:50 pm

The United States accuses Moscow of moving tanks and other weapons into eastern Ukraine to support pro-Russian rebels.

Russia has sent tanks and heavy weaponry to Ukraine in support of separatists in the country's east, the US State Department says.

Several tanks and rocket launchers were moved into Ukraine from an arms depot inside Russia, the department said.

"We assess that separatists in eastern Ukraine have acquired heavy weapons and military equipment from Russia, including Russian tanks and multiple rocket launchers," spokeswoman Marie Harf said in a statement.

The statement comes after Kiev alleged three tanks had crossed from Russia into Ukrainian territory this week.

Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko told his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin on Thursday that the action was "unacceptable".

Ms Harf said three T-64 tanks, several BM-21 or Grad rocket launchers and other vehicles had crossed into Ukraine's east as part of a convoy.

Amateur videos posted on the internet in recent days show the same kind of tanks moving through cities in eastern Ukraine, including Snizhnye, Torez, and Makiyivka.

"Russia will claim these tanks were taken from Ukrainian forces, but no Ukrainian tank units have been operating in that area," she said.

"We are confident that these tanks came from Russia. This is unacceptable. A failure by Russia to deescalate the situation will lead to additional costs."

Moscow has denied the allegation.

http://news.sky.com/story/1282045/russia-sends-tanks-into-eastern-ukraine

Back to top Go down

Russia Sends Tanks Into Eastern Ukraine Empty Re: Russia Sends Tanks Into Eastern Ukraine

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:27 am

three whole tanks??

i guess WWIII has started

Back to top Go down

Russia Sends Tanks Into Eastern Ukraine Empty Re: Russia Sends Tanks Into Eastern Ukraine

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:58 am

smelly_bandit wrote:three whole tanks??

Quite. I think Putin's shown amazing restraint considering how many pro-Russian Ukranians have been killed by the pro-western nazi ones. But maybe he's biding his time while Obama gets his knickers in a twist over Iraq...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:07 am

Tesstacious wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:three whole tanks??

Quite.  I think Putin's shown amazing restraint considering how many pro-Russian Ukranians have been killed by the pro-western nazi ones.  But maybe he's biding his time while Obama gets his knickers in a twist over Iraq...

I think both sides have shown restraint, considering another plane was shot down by the Russian speaking Ukrainian terrorists killing more people.
Funny how you see only one side showing restraint, I see both sides showing restraint

Really shows how some people hero worship Putin, a man who denies equal rights, teaches a policy within society to dislike the west, has anti homosexual laws,  oppress any democratic opposition to his leadership and Government etc with a rule policy of one with an Iron rod. 
Can anyone else see the absurdity in the hero worship of Putin, when he stands against many of our British values?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:21 am

Didge wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:
Quite.  I think Putin's shown amazing restraint considering how many pro-Russian Ukranians have been killed by the pro-western nazi ones.  But maybe he's biding his time while Obama gets his knickers in a twist over Iraq...

I think both sides have show restraint, considering another plane was shot down by the Russian speaking Ukrainian terrorists killing more people.
Funny how you see only one side showing restraint, I see both sides showing restraint

Really shows how some people hero worship Putin, a man who denies equal rights, teaches a policy within society to dislike the west, has anti homosexual laws,  oppress any democratic opposition to his leadership and Government etc with a rule policy of one with an Iron rod. 
Can anyone else see the absurdity in the hero worship of Putin, when he stands against many of our British values?
YOU to talk about British values! That's rich. As for hero worship of Putin, don't be stupid. I've said he's shown restraint - and he has, on several levels. Imagine if Russians had tried to tell the US that they were to take no action if an enemy started to gather on the US border, what would the US do - and the West has tried to inch towards Russia's border - if you don't believe me here's an old article dated 1st July 2013...

"EU should extend further into former Soviet Union, says David Cameron
Speaking in Kazakhstan, British PM says European Union should stretch from the Atlantic to the Urals..."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/01/eu-extend-soviet-union-david-cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:46 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:

I think both sides have show restraint, considering another plane was shot down by the Russian speaking Ukrainian terrorists killing more people.

YOU to talk about British values! That's rich.  As for hero worship of Putin, don't be stupid.  I've said he's shown restraint - and he has, on several levels.  Imagine if Russians had tried to tell the US that they were to take no action if an enemy started to gather on the US border, what would the US do - and the West has tried to inch towards Russia's border - if you don't believe me here's an old article dated 1st July 2013...

"EU should extend further into former Soviet Union, says David Cameron
Speaking in Kazakhstan, British PM says European Union should stretch from the Atlantic to the Urals..."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/01/eu-extend-soviet-union-david-cameron

Well  considering nobody including you could come up with any British values, where in fact I did, showing the many great many we have and you then attribute the west where you are as to a Nazi Government when they do not have an oppressive Government like Putin's, shows you are one feather short of flying over the cookoo's nest.
Yes he showed restraint at the beginning by sending troops into Ukraine when not even a referendum had been done and thus had no say in the country of Ukraine. That is not restraint by Putin.

Wow

So saying he wants more countries united together which as seen has prevented all European nations drawn into massive destructive European wars is now Nazism to you and that Putin is a saint? This is some how bad that nations want to be united standing up for each other, more so when you have like Ukraine, a big bully on your door step So it has nothing to so with inching westward, that is some idiotic belief the Russians claim. when in reality they do not wish to lose any control around them which might make you sit up and think why nations on the western side, on the border with Russia, seek closer relations with us. 

You are thus saying Ukraine should have no say i its decisions for the future and are in fact advocating a Russian Union Membership as being the only right decision for Ukraine, wow. So if a nation themselves decide to be a part of something that protects them and someone states its good to have more so they can be protected, you think this is now some heinous crime to Russia? Who do not own Ukraine and should not decide its fate if the people choose closer relationships with the EU. 

You have just basically now argued that we should release control of the Falklands with that argument to Argentina, because you are saying with the British being there so close to their own lands because we should have no influence over lands so close to them. So Putin who wants to control Ukraine should be allowed to  using your illogical view and applying the same illogical view for Argentinian with the Falklands. You thus  think distance means another nearby nation (Argentina/Russia) should have the right to decide the fates of the nation/country closest to them (Falklands/Ukraine).
Dear me, collect your last feather, you just flew over love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down