NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urine Luck: Scientists Create Power From Pee

+3
Ben Reilly
Stephenmarra
Tommy Monk
7 posters

Go down

Urine Luck: Scientists Create Power From Pee Empty Urine Luck: Scientists Create Power From Pee

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:41 pm

Urine Luck: Scientists Create Power From Pee
Fuel cells which convert chemicals to power typically use platinum as a catalyst - but urine may provide a cheap alternative.

Carbon atoms recovered from human urine could be used to help generate power, scientists have said.

Fuel cells - which convert chemical energy into electricity – commonly use expensive platinum as a catalyst to trigger the reactions.

But according to a paper published in the Nature journal, "doped collections of carbon atoms" extracted from human urine offer a cheap and effective workaround.

The team's complex proof-of-concept shows they could use urine to make "highly porous carbon-containing heteroatoms such as nickel, sulphur, silicon and phosphorous from human urine waste as a single precursor for carbon and multiple heteroatoms."

The study was led by Jong-Sung Yu of Korea University, who pointed out the environmental benefits that come from treating urine as something to be utilised rather than discarded.

Fewer pollutants from urine would reach water bodies, for example, such as leftover drugs that have not been fully metabolised.

The researchers say that the atoms could also be suitable for battery applications.

http://news.sky.com/story/1279991/urine-luck-scientists-create-power-from-pee

The mind boggles as to how they are going to collect it! People used to pee in buckets and it was collected for making leather I believe Phew!

Back to top Go down

Urine Luck: Scientists Create Power From Pee Empty Re: Urine Luck: Scientists Create Power From Pee

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:59 am

If only they could make power from shit, cos you lefties are full of it!!!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Urine Luck: Scientists Create Power From Pee Empty Re: Urine Luck: Scientists Create Power From Pee

Post by Stephenmarra Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:26 am

Tommy Monk wrote:If only they could make power from shit, cos you lefties are full of it!!!!!

lol!

Here you go Tommy.   lol! 
Plans have been revealed for a £3.5 million renewable energy project on a farm in Silloth.
It would be the first anaerobic digester in the north of England and would produce electricity and heat from farm slurry.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/3-million-plan-for-power-from-silloth-farm-slurry-1.519570
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:30 am

If they could make it with hot air, Tommy could supply the UK!  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:34 am

Sassy wrote:If they could make it with hot air, Tommy could supply the UK!  lol! 

lol!  Aye, can't argue with that.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:37 am

Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:10 am

You lefties know you have been smashed up tonight but you just reaggregate like a sponge..... and then carry on exactly the same.....

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:38 am

Tommy Monk wrote:You lefties know you have been smashed up tonight but you just reaggregate like a sponge..... and then carry on exactly the same.....

What smashing up? You come up with some boring bullshit slur against the left in response to a renewable energy story, why are you even here? You don't debate, you don't make any intelligent points, you just sling shit.

That shit would be better used generating renewable energy -- or as an upgrade for your brains ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:32 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:You lefties know you have been smashed up tonight but you just reaggregate like a sponge..... and then carry on exactly the same.....

What smashing up? You come up with some boring bullshit slur against the left in response to a renewable energy story, why are you even here? You don't debate, you don't make any intelligent points, you just sling shit.

That shit would be better used generating renewable energy -- or as an upgrade for your brains ...

@ben

Actually Comrade Tommy was debating me in the sniffer dog thread.  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 
He doesn't realise how extreme Left wing he actually is.  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:57 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

lol!  Well, it was nice of him to make such an intelligent contribution to the thread  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:57 am

Ah piss off!!!

That's my comtribution sass!!  ::troll:: 

Na, quite amazing though, and come the day we may see almost everything capable of producing power of some sort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:04 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
@ben
Actually Comrade Tommy was debating me in the sniffer dog thread.  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 
He doesn't realise how extreme Left wing he actually is.  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 

So I'm a far leftie and A far rightie according to posters here.....

Interesting.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Urine Luck: Scientists Create Power From Pee Empty Korea taking the piss

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Would you drive a car that runs on URINE? Scientists create pee-powered fuel cells that generate energy for vehicles and homes

Scientists plan to use carbon atoms found in urine to produce electricity
   They hope carbon will replace expensive platinum catalyst in fuel cells
   As well as fuel cells, carbon in urine could be used in battery applications
   Fuel cells are currently used to power cars and certain phone chargers
The world produces around 10.5 billion litres of urine each day – enough to fill 4,200 Olympic-sized swimming pools.

While most of us will label this as waste, scientists are hoping to use urine to someday generate power for vehicles, homes and cities.

A group of scientists from Korea University has outlined a plan to use carbon atoms recovered from human urine to produce cheap electricity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2655218/Would-drive-car-runs-URINE-Scientists-create-pee-powered-fuel-cells-generate-energy-vehicles-homes.html

edit

thanks Admin/mod for joining this to this thread i did not see the story had already been posted  Embarassed 

Last edited by Korban_Dallas on Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:22 pm

Tommy, you're just hopelessly confused.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:44 pm

Not me. But the lefties are looking more and more confused by The day. Stunned by The logic presented.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:26 pm

dont worry Tommy...I suffer the same....in one post I can be accused of being left of stalin and right of ghengis khan..... ::dunno:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:37 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:dont worry Tommy...I suffer the same....in one post I can be accused of being left of stalin and right of ghengis khan..... ::dunno:: 

Now, you are different Victor, You are left of Stalin (who actually wasn't left, but Trotsky was) and right of Ghengis Khan, but then you often meet yourself in the middle, shake you left hand with your right, and then go on your merry way!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:49 pm

theres no one quite like me

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:01 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:dont worry Tommy...I suffer the same....in one post I can be accused of being left of stalin and right of ghengis khan..... ::dunno:: 

No worries victor, in fact I find it..........

Most amusing!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Not me. But the lefties are looking more and more confused by The day. Stunned by The logic presented.

Nobody's had to present any logic because you didn't, you just came in and started insulting people.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:29 pm

Ben, on this thread I posted a joke first of all, which was then directed back at me to the amusement of those supposedly insulted.

I didn't feel insulted, I thought it was funny and laughed.

Or should I have claimed they were ganging up on me and i was being bullied and got all teary....?

It's just a bit of banter.

Lighten up man!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:36 pm

But about the Piss power op, great!
I'm all for alternative sources of power generation.
And it also said that collecting the piss and processing it would help to stop the part metabolised drugs and other pharmaceuticals and chemicals flowing into the Eco system.
And this can only be a good thing.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:02 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Ben, on this thread I posted a joke first of all, which was then directed back at me to the amusement of those supposedly insulted.

I didn't feel insulted, I thought it was funny and laughed.

Or should I have claimed they were ganging up on me and i was being bullied and got all teary....?

It's just a bit of banter.

Lighten up man!

Agree with Comrade Tommy  ::D:: 
People need to lighten up a bit  Wink 

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nobody's had to present any logic because you didn't, you just came in and started insulting people.
study 
NOW WE can add the term "logic" to that lexicon of words that Tommy simply has NO understanding of !
ALONG with : science, maths, engineering, technical, genetics, evolution, creation, Islam, Muslim, bigotry, Christianity - and the list goes on, and on, and on..
P.S. Hands up anyone who believes his tales of military service ~ if even half of them are true, then he would be more than a decade older than me. Probably closer to Nicko's age ?
MAYBE those senile old fools are sitting around the keyboard in their nursing home, having a laugh at believing they're putting one over on everyone online..  ::fighty!"":   ::fishffight::   ::drnkpst:: 
Hands up anyone who ever heard me talk about any military service...????
Oh, that's right... I have never claimed any militarm service because I have never served in the military!!!
Looks like fleakeeper is the senile old fool who really doesn't know what he is talking about!
Plus he's already said he put me on ignore months ago so It's funny that he can be so sure that what I'm saying is rubbish!!!
And again he cannot challenge me directly on anything I've said, so just resorts to unfounded insults....
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
study 
NOW WE can add the term "logic" to that lexicon of words that Tommy simply has NO understanding of !
ALONG with : science, maths, engineering, technical, genetics, evolution, creation, Islam, Muslim, bigotry, Christianity - and the list goes on, and on, and on..
P.S. Hands up anyone who believes his tales of military service ~ if even half of them are true, then he would be more than a decade older than me. Probably closer to Nicko's age ?
MAYBE those senile old fools are sitting around the keyboard in their nursing home, having a laugh at believing they're putting one over on everyone online..  ::fighty!   ::fishffight::   ::drnkpst:: 
Hands up anyone who ever heard me talk about any military service...????
Oh, that's right... I have never claimed any militarm service because I have never served in the military!!!
Looks like fleakeeper is the senile old fool who really doesn't know what he is talking about!
Plus he's already said he put me on ignore months ago so It's funny that he can be so sure that what I'm saying is rubbish!!!
And again he cannot challenge me directly on anything I've said, so just resorts to unfounded insults....
Sorry  Bee but he has a point, care to answer ?
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:07 pm

He doesn't answer, only slanders....

Thanks anyway!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:He doesn't answer, only slanders....

Thanks anyway!

Apparently not.   Rolling Eyes
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:24 am

my piss is more intelligent than the right
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down