NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'The Eagle Has Landed… In My Living Room'

2 posters

Go down

'The Eagle Has Landed… In My Living Room' Empty 'The Eagle Has Landed… In My Living Room'

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:41 pm

A retired teacher who sat down to watch the tennis got the fright of her life when an eagle swooped into her living room.

Wendy Morrell might think twice before leaving open her patio doors in future after the 18-inch (45cm) tall Russian Steppe landed on her cabinet and began knocking off ornaments with its 4ft wings.

After causing a bit of destruction at the house in Poole, Dorset, the bird settled down and began pecking at a bowl of potpourri.

'The Eagle Has Landed… In My Living Room' -bnps-eagle-1-1-522x293

Ms Morrell and friend Karen Ruddlesden tried to tempt the bird outside using pieces of ham but ended up having to call the Wessex Bird of Prey Rescue Centre.

After half an hour the eagle was finally lured off its makeshift perch by rescuer Jon Ball, who used a dead chick to tempt the bird out of the house.

It later emerged the eagle was called Storm after being trained to ward off seagulls at a nearby landfill site.

Storm had been reported missing by owner James Moore three days earlier after breaking its tethers.

http://news.sky.com/story/1278957/the-eagle-has-landed-in-my-living-room

Not what you expect to happen!

Back to top Go down

'The Eagle Has Landed… In My Living Room' Empty Re: 'The Eagle Has Landed… In My Living Room'

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:59 pm

That's a cracking story Sassy!!she must have been shit scared indeed!! Laughing 

Brilliant!!

Back to top Go down

'The Eagle Has Landed… In My Living Room' Empty Re: 'The Eagle Has Landed… In My Living Room'

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:03 pm

Joy Division wrote:That's a cracking story Sassy!!she must have been shit scared indeed!! Laughing 

Brilliant!!

Many years ago I had a tiny but beautiful patio garden and a very tiny 1 bedroom house.   I was sitting on the settee, facing the patio doors with them open and suddenly a sparrow hawk landed on the fence, which was only about 8ft from the french doors.  It glared at me, and fixed me in it's sights.   Scared the hell outa me!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:14 pm

I had a similar experience with a tawny frogmouth, Not quite as big as an Eagle but still a big bird of prey, plus it was quite a treat since they are master of camouflage in the bush.

it literally flew into my brother's head and crashed in the kitchen  Razz  Razz  Razz 

this give you an idea of the size, here is a baby and there is one in the 3rd pic near a mother bird
'The Eagle Has Landed… In My Living Room' 6a010535647bf3970b017ee4aaa9cf970d-500wi

the mouth  Shocked 
'The Eagle Has Landed… In My Living Room' Tawny-frogmouth-50T5225-01

the Camouflage
'The Eagle Has Landed… In My Living Room' Tawny%20frogmouth%2003
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:16 pm

My word, that would definitely startle you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:16 pm

Sassy wrote:
Joy Division wrote:That's a cracking story Sassy!!she must have been shit scared indeed!! Laughing 

Brilliant!!

Many years ago I had a tiny but beautiful patio garden and a very tiny 1 bedroom house.   I was sitting on the settee, facing the patio doors with them open and suddenly a sparrow hawk landed on the fence, which was only about 8ft from the french doors.  It glared at me, and fixed me in it's sights.   Scared the hell outa me!

..the Omen  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:17 pm

Beautiful bird Veya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:18 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Sassy wrote:

..the Omen  Laughing 

That's what it felt like!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:46 am

That must have been unreal, I would have been so heartbroken when it was taken away  Sad 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down