NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert Peston Claims BBC Is 'Obsessed' With Covering Same Stories As Daily Mail (VIDEO)

4 posters

Go down

Robert Peston Claims BBC Is 'Obsessed' With Covering Same Stories As Daily Mail (VIDEO) Empty Robert Peston Claims BBC Is 'Obsessed' With Covering Same Stories As Daily Mail (VIDEO)

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:25 pm

One of the BBC's most famous presenters believes the corporation actually veers towards the right and has grown "obsessed" with covering the same stories as conservative newspapers.

Economics Editor Robert Peston, who became a household name covering the financial crisis, said his employer's anxiety about perceived bias against the right - which Tory MPs and current employees have accused it of - was a myth that actually made it go in the opposite direction.

But Peston said any suggestion the BBC has a left-wing bias is "bollocks" and the broadcaster actually veers towards a right-wing, pro-establishment view for fear of criticism.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/06/robert-peston-says-bbc-leftwing-bias-bollocks_n_5458619.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Robert Peston Claims BBC Is 'Obsessed' With Covering Same Stories As Daily Mail (VIDEO) Empty Re: Robert Peston Claims BBC Is 'Obsessed' With Covering Same Stories As Daily Mail (VIDEO)

Post by nicko Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:31 pm

Just saw a pig fly past my window!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Robert Peston Claims BBC Is 'Obsessed' With Covering Same Stories As Daily Mail (VIDEO) Empty Re: Robert Peston Claims BBC Is 'Obsessed' With Covering Same Stories As Daily Mail (VIDEO)

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:32 pm

nicko wrote:Just saw a pig fly past my window!!

Well there is most definitely truth to how they have been reporting of late and thanks for your view, but does not actually offer anything to counter his view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:38 pm

I think he is right. The BBC have been falling over themselves to talk up Farage and UKIP, on Andrew Marr Labour politicians are always given a much tougher time than the government politicians.

Overall though I'd say the Beeb tends to be balanced, and those who think otherwise are the ones who should question their ability to see things fairly.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:58 pm

Bollocks watching BBC news coverage and current affairs is like watching a PPB for the Labour party. Eilzel it may appear right to you because you view it from a far left vantage point.

I might add a number of retiring newscasters have stated the editorial policy is Guardian driven.

Double Bollocks no guessing which way Peston swings.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:46 am

Eilzel wrote:I think he is right. The BBC have been falling over themselves to talk up Farage and UKIP, on Andrew Marr Labour politicians are always given a much tougher time than the government politicians.

Overall though I'd say the Beeb tends to be balanced, and those who think otherwise are the ones who should question their ability to see things fairly.

Very much agree, the amount of air time Nigel has had has been unprecedented.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:18 am

Didge if you reckon to be a Tory and can't see the left wing bias of much of the BBCs output then you ain't a Tory.

Even the Director General admitted to a bias in BBC news coverage.

If UKIP has been given a extra helping of air time snce they came second that seems only fair.

The truth is because of Politicians ignoring the peoples wishes and guys like you who excuse the lack of democracy n the EU UKIP has gone p the charts in popularity,

It is the weasel Politicians who have done this.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:22 am

Didge wrote:One of the BBC's most famous presenters believes the corporation actually veers towards the right and has grown "obsessed" with covering the same stories as conservative newspapers.

Economics Editor Robert Peston, who became a household name covering the financial crisis, said his employer's anxiety about perceived bias against the right - which Tory MPs and current employees have accused it of - was a myth that actually made it go in the opposite direction.

But Peston said any suggestion the BBC has a left-wing bias is "bollocks" and the broadcaster actually veers towards a right-wing, pro-establishment view for fear of criticism.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/06/robert-peston-says-bbc-leftwing-bias-bollocks_n_5458619.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Peston is a well respected journalist and what he says backs up an article published in the Independent a while back where an academic study found that to be the case as well. Caused a hell of a row on here and there is a thread about it a month or so ago.

From the Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bbc-accused-ofpolitical-bias--on-the-right-not-the-left-9129639.html

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:31 am

Alright said Fred wrote:Didge if you reckon to be a Tory and can't see the left wing bias of much of the BBCs output then you ain't a Tory.

Even the Director General admitted to a bias in BBC news coverage.

If UKIP has been given a extra helping of air time snce they came second that seems only fair.

The truth is because of Politicians ignoring the peoples wishes and guys like you who excuse the lack of democracy n the EU UKIP has gone p the charts in popularity,

It is the weasel Politicians who have done this.

Interesting, so you are claiming that if I am impartial it does not make me a Tory to you then?

Speaks volumes about you

Your idiotic infantile views are becoming more and more embarrassing with everyday

Again you need to grow up

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm

Didge it is impossible to watch the news without discerning an anti Tory bias and and pro EU bias.

Say all you like it is obvious to those with a modicum of common sense. Do I feel embarrassed saying so absolutely not. Why should I the BBCs institutional bias to wards the EU is very well documented. That it is alleged to have given UKIP as extra dollop of time in the run up can hardly be classed as balanced it had a lot of pro E coverage to offset.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down