NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much money would you save ?

Go down

How much money would you save ? Empty How much money would you save ?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:06 pm

As money is tight for many of us these days , are there ways we could save ourselves money . If we smoke , drink on a regular basis , gamble , imagine how much money that put back in your pocket by cutting down or stopping altogeher .

I used to be a smoker 24 years ago and that time cigarettes were around £4 a packet for 20 .
I also used to like to drink at weekends .

Over the years i calculated how much money i actually saved by cutting these two bad habits out .
Quitting smoking saved me £34.944 over 24 years i smoked 20 a day .This figure will actually be much more as the price of cigarettes would have risen a lot over the years .

Now the drinking i estimate that me and hubby spent around £40 every weekend on alcohol .£49.920 over 24 years and again probably much more with price of alcohol going up .

Basically if you smoke drink gamble how much would it save you a week if you even cut down ?

I think those figures are astounding £84.864  Shocked wow

I know many friends who have quit smoking to save money because it is just far too expensive .

Back to top Go down

How much money would you save ? Empty Re: How much money would you save ?

Post by eddie Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:37 pm

See money is funny like that.
You mention 84 thousand but it's not like that's going to land in your lap in 20 years is it?

It'll get swallowed up with everything else and you won't see it.
May as week smoke it and drink it tbh.  Cool 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:44 pm

It is true it would get used on other things , and before we started our business we were struggling with two kids , when i stopped smoking that money went in a pot and we had holidays abroad with it so for us we did see the benefit .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:It is true it would get used on other things , and before we started our business we were struggling with two kids , when i stopped smoking that money went in a pot and we had holidays abroad with it so for us we did see the benefit .

See money in a pot wouldn't work in our house.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:50 pm

eddie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:It is true it would get used on other things , and before we started our business we were struggling with two kids , when i stopped smoking that money went in a pot and we had holidays abroad with it so for us we did see the benefit .

lol it doesn't work here now to honest , i have a tin which i put some odd money when i have it for my grandson , but my youngest still lives at home and he has had his hand it in a few times this week  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:21 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
eddie wrote:

lol  it doesn't work here now to honest , i have a tin which i put some odd money when i have it for my grandson , but my youngest still lives at home and he has had his hand it in a few times this week  Razz 

That's what I mean Vod!!

Edit; I don't mean your youngest has had his hand in my pot  ://?roflmao?/: 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:27 pm

Load of cobblers....

It's all very well on an individual scale...but if EVERYONE in the country did stop smoking/drinking/gambling/using their cars except for totally essential purposes, and generally cut out all unnecessary expense....

then the govt would just hike taxes to cover the loss that that would cause in revenue...so we would be no better off in the end....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:30 pm

great answer vic but i saved thousands and went on loads of holidays which i found better than smoking away and wrecking my health .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:
lol  it doesn't work here now to honest , i have a tin which i put some odd money when i have it for my grandson , but my youngest still lives at home and he has had his hand it in a few times this week  Razz 

That's what I mean Vod!!

ha ha what you like edds  ::D::  i guess it is willpower too . I used to book holidays so i had to put the money away or we wouldn't go .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:32 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Load of cobblers....

It's all very well on an individual scale...but if EVERYONE in the country did stop smoking/drinking/gambling/using their cars except for totally essential purposes, and generally cut out all unnecessary expense....

then the govt would just hike taxes to cover the loss that that would cause in revenue...so we would be no better off in the end....

I agree with you this time Vic  Laughing

About the only semi sensible thing Ive heard you say.

Last edited by Joy Division on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
eddie wrote:

That's what I mean Vod!!

ha ha what you like edds  ::D::  i guess it is willpower too . I used to book holidays so i had to put the money away or we wouldn't go .

It's good to see a result I guess.
May try it.

I'll stop eating Green and Blacks chocolate. I give them far too much money  Evil or Very Mad 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:39 pm

So those of you who have said carry on are you all smokers and drinkers ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:41 pm

eddie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

May try it.

I'll stop eating Green and Blacks chocolate. I give them far too much money  Evil or Very Mad 

Never tried that chocolate edds, i love kit kat and maybe crunchie but that's about it .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:43 pm

i suppose the health benefits are impossible to calculate and that must be added to the saving too...

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:42 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
eddie wrote:

May try it.

Never tried that chocolate edds, i love kit kat and maybe crunchie but that's about it .

Kit Kats suck!!  Evil or Very Mad 
Try the green and blacks Vod, there's a honeycomb or crunchie type one. Or the original blue one

Look at me! I'm selling it like a drug!!!  Shocked 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:51 am

eddie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Try the green and blacks Vod, there's a honeycomb or crunchie type one. Or the original blue one

ha ha i will try it but i am making an effort to cut down on chocolate i love it too much x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:47 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
eddie wrote:

ha ha i will try it but i am making an effort to cut down on chocolate i love it too much x

Me too.
I'd make a pot for saving chocolate money in, but I'd probably eat it  lol! 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down