NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So who many (roughly) voters of UKIP..

3 posters

Go down

So who many (roughly) voters of UKIP.. Empty So who many (roughly) voters of UKIP..

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Are there in Britain from the entire electorate?

Anyone worked it out by local elections yet(even though results are still coming in) or by last GE?..

And if so, did you get a rough total who will vote UKIP in the general?

Even a percentage?...15% of the total vote? 20%???

Back to top Go down

So who many (roughly) voters of UKIP.. Empty Re: So who many (roughly) voters of UKIP..

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 1:45 pm

Joy Division wrote:Are there in Britain from the entire electorate?

Anyone worked it out by local elections yet(even though results are still coming in) or by last GE?..

And if so, did you get a rough total who will vote UKIP  in the general?

enough to make a three party system into a four party system

Back to top Go down

So who many (roughly) voters of UKIP.. Empty Re: So who many (roughly) voters of UKIP..

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 1:58 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Are there in Britain from the entire electorate?

And if so, did you get a rough total who will vote UKIP  in the general?

Probably yes,,and I can see why so many UKIP would be excited, but I think at best...and for many years, UKIP will be lucky to vie for third place..at best like I said.

Between now and next GE , this is UKIP's chance to shine ..they might even be lucky enough one day to from a coalition as a more minor party...

But my bet is that's as good as it will get for a long time for UKIP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri May 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Joy Division wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Probably yes,,and I can see why so many UKIP would be excited, but I think at best...and for many years, UKIP will be lucky to vie for third place..at best like I said.

Between now and next GE , this is UKIP's chance to shine ..they might even be lucky enough one day to from a coalition as a more minor party...

But my bet is that's  as good as it will get for a long time for UKIP.

Do you remember when Liberal Democrats got the old protest vote; when everyone thought they were 'the real alternative' etc etc? Thanks to our system they never got much over 60 seats; and they have established bases and safe seats now.

Somehow, in the constraints of that system (which has plagued us Liberal voters in how unfairly it made the Liberal vote look smaller than it was), UKIP voters think they are going to be able to make a significant dent  Rolling Eyes 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 2:35 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

But my bet is that's  as good as it will get for a long time for UKIP.

Do you remember when Liberal Democrats got the old protest vote; when everyone thought they were 'the real alternative' etc etc? Thanks to our system they never got much over 60 seats; and they have established bases and safe seats now.  

Somehow, in the constraints of that system (which has plagued us Liberal voters in how unfairly it made the Liberal vote look smaller than it was), UKIP voters think they are going to be able to make a significant dent  Rolling Eyes 

Well thankfully with UKIP, they will barely get a few elected to represent them on the HOC..even that might be a while off...

And you know..weeks back Les, my missus told me we had a flier through the door from one of the parties (she threw it out) saying that people may have to one day pay for doctors appointments...I thought it was just another ridiculous Tory proposal...

But a snippet on the news earlier said it is one of UKIP's policies! Rolling Eyes 

As if normal low paid and unemployed folk will go for that ffs!!

We have never had to pay to see our Doctor, so why should we now?

Thank goodness UKIP most likely won't be in government in our time, hopefully not anyway!

Let's see how the morons do next year ...gains most likey...but not even close to near enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri May 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Labour and the Tories aren't worried about UKIP taking power or even getting a couple of seats at the next election. All they are worried about is that they may pinch more votes off their party than they do off the other lot.
All that is going to happen is that they will find themselves in the same position as the Liberal Party/LibDems have been in for decades in that they have a sizeable number of voters but very few seats.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri May 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Every electoral calculator out there says UKIP would need 20% of the share for just 1 seat; they aren't even polling at 20% now, so you are right to an extent Irn- but in all honesty I don't think they'll even reach the heights the Liberals did in the 90s-10s.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 2:51 pm

I agree..I don't think they will do near as well as some think...but they are and will be having their moments,,,nothing more...

Certainly not when it comes to the GE.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri May 23, 2014 3:03 pm

Party Councils Seats
Party Total Change +/- Total Change +/-
lab 61 +5 1172 +186
con 28 -10 906 -162
ld 5 -2 334 -169
ukip 0 0 124 +122
grn 0 0 22 +10
oth 0 0 72 +14
noc 22 +7 N/A N/A

Not a wonderful night for Ed, but bloody awful one for Dave, and a calamatous one for Nick.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Party Councils Seats
Party Total Change +/- Total Change +/-
lab 61 +5 1172 +186
con 28 -10 906 -162
ld 5 -2 334 -169
ukip 0 0 124 +122
grn 0 0 22 +10
oth 0 0 72 +14
noc 22 +7 N/A N/A

Not a wonderful night for Ed, but bloody awful one for Dave, and a calamatous one for Nick.

Yeah, that really was quite drastic losses for the fibs and Tories Andy..I actually thought Labour would do worse!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down