NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VOD'S worship song (Produced by Bean Recs )

3 posters

Go down

VOD'S worship song  (Produced by Bean Recs ) Empty VOD'S worship song (Produced by Bean Recs )

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 3:18 pm

This is my first attempt .

Last edited by Vicar of Dibley on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

VOD'S worship song  (Produced by Bean Recs ) Empty Re: VOD'S worship song (Produced by Bean Recs )

Post by eddie Tue May 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Is this you singing Vod?
It's very nice!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

VOD'S worship song  (Produced by Bean Recs ) Empty Re: VOD'S worship song (Produced by Bean Recs )

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 9:23 pm

eddie wrote:Is this you singing Vod?
It's very nice!!

yes eddie  lol! 

thank you x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 20, 2014 11:13 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
It's very nice!!

yes eddie  lol! 

thank you x

Very pretty voice you got.
HF is a lucky old fella  lol! 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 6:38 am

eddie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

yes eddie  lol! 

thank you x

Very pretty voice you got.
HF is a lucky old fella  lol! 

thank you eddie he is lucky i tell him all the time  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 21, 2014 7:11 am

Very nice! If it had been me mixing it, I would have brought your voice a little more on top of the mix and not put as much of a filter on it, but that's just me.

Made me think about a worship song I still really like; unfortunately, I can't remember enough of it right now to figure out what it is. But I liked it enough to learn it on guitar Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Wed May 21, 2014 7:13 am

It's very nice!!
Seconded
Yeah nice voice VOD.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 7:51 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Very nice! If it had been me mixing it, I would have brought your voice a little more on top of the mix and not put as much of a filter on it, but that's just me.

Made me think about a worship song I still really like; unfortunately, I can't remember enough of it right now to figure out what it is. But I liked it enough to learn it on guitar Smile

Thank you Ben , my son did have my voice a little louder but believe it or not i am a shy person ha ha and asked him to tone it down  Embarassed 

We are still learning and in the process of another song my son is writing one so will take a bit of time Smile

Wish you could remember that song Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 7:51 am

Stephenmarra wrote:
It's very nice!!
Seconded
Yeah nice voice VOD.

Thank you Stephen  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 10:15 am

Not Christian but this is one my son wrote and all music and production are his , this isn't the finished product .

Last edited by Vicar of Dibley on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi vod!
I quite like,this it reminds me of the band Space
They sang Female of the Species - it's got the same sort of feel to it.
Yes I like it!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 9:40 pm

eddie wrote:Hi vod!
Yes I like it!

thank you eddie, i told my son your other half does recording and he has heard your songs and he said if you or your OH have any ideas to throw his way he would appreciate it as he is still only learning .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
eddie wrote:Hi vod!
Yes I like it!

thank you eddie, i told my son your other half does recording and he has heard your songs and he said if you or your OH have any ideas to throw his way he would appreciate it as he is still only learning .

ah that's lovely Vod, but we're oldies now and times and recording equipment has changed.
I can give him tips on songwriting though.

Tell him when records his first piece of music for a song - whatever that may be, to listen to it from a different room a few times ie; play the music in another room and walk about the house as he will hear something different when he's not sat on top of the recording, like different tunes, harmonies etc

Also always have a "story" (as he has in the song above) verses are your 'free thinking' parts of the story, where you can go off a little. The chorus has to sum up and reaffirm things for the listener (hence why they're repetitive) but try to make your last chorus have the same lyrics but put a twist on it - Paul Weller turns sentences around for example as do I at times. Lastly, the middle eight. People don't bother with these much anymore as they're lazy IMO but they are the cherry on too,of the story where you get to say something "extra" whether in lyric or musically.

Make sure lyrics are simple yet not predictable (that's my personal bugbear!) and never, ever do a Bon Jovi and use the word "babe"  lol!

Ooh! And one other little tip me and My OH use at times:
Play your main riff backwards over the last chorus or verse or whatever.
You can only do this if you have an Apple Mac recording (ie pro tools) and can 'flip' the track backwards.
Or you can play it backwards if you're really clever or drunk lol
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 10:02 pm

thank you eddie i have sent him that advice Smile

He has many different styles of writing and when he has recorded them i will post them , he is always up to something lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 21, 2014 10:08 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:thank you eddie i have sent him that advice Smile

He has many different styles of writing and when he has recorded them i will post them , he is always up to something lol

That's the best thing to do; keep writing, keep playing.
Would,like to hear more when they're done x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 10:19 pm

will do eddie x

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 21, 2014 11:56 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Very nice! If it had been me mixing it, I would have brought your voice a little more on top of the mix and not put as much of a filter on it, but that's just me.

Thank you Ben , my son did have my voice a little louder but believe it or not i am a shy person ha ha and asked him to tone it down  Embarassed 

We are still learning and in the process of another song my son is writing one so will take a bit of time Smile

I used to do the same thing, it's hard to not be self-conscious about your own voice! Have you ever performed in front of people, that's tough -- though if you get applause it becomes a lot easier Smile

I wish I could remember the song too, I spent about an hour searching for it to no avail. It was a faster, acoustic-guitar driven number with a big soaring chorus; great song.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Thu May 22, 2014 3:07 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

I used to do the same thing, it's hard to not be self-conscious about your own voice! Have you ever performed in front of people, that's tough -- though if you get applause it becomes a lot easier Smile

I wish I could remember the song too, I spent about an hour searching for it to no avail. It was a faster, acoustic-guitar driven number with a big soaring chorus; great song.
When are you going to post some of your tunes on here Ben, be good to hear some.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Yes in church with over 200 people and they loved it i am naturally shy lol and yet when i sing and lead worship i just get on with it .

I bet that song will come to you when you least expect it , if it does please let me hear it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:When are you going to post some of your tunes on here Ben, be good to hear some.

Very likely never; I'm pretty shy about that sort of thing as well Smile

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Yes in church with over 200 people and they loved it i am naturally shy lol and yet when i sing and lead worship i just get on with it .

I bet that song will come to you when you least expect it , if it does please let me hear it Smile

I think you're right, the more it buzzes around in the back of my mind, the closer I'm getting to remembering more about it ... come on brain!  :\\:[: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down