NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RAF Sends State Of The Art Plane To Help Find Nigerian Girls

Go down

RAF Sends State Of The Art Plane To Help Find Nigerian Girls Empty RAF Sends State Of The Art Plane To Help Find Nigerian Girls

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:44 am

19th May 2014

Expense no issue!

The RAF has sent a state-of-the-art reconnaissance aircraft to help find the 200 kidnapped schoolgirls in Nigeria.

The Sentinel aircraft has a crew of five and is capable of flying for long periods at high altitude.

It is fitted with radar able to locate moving targets and offer radar imagery.

Departing from RAF Waddington in Lincolnshire, the plane is initially bound for the Ghanaian capital of Accra, west of Nigeria where Islamist terror group Boko Haram and their captives are in hiding.

The jet will then join US aircraft in attempting to locate the girls, who were seized from a school dormitory in the north-east of the country on April 15.

Rich Barrow, RAF Waddington's station commander, said: "The Sentinel with its wide area search capability and long endurance is perfect for this task.

"UK personnel will help to analyse the information gathered to improve the intelligence picture for the Nigerian authorities."

Foreign Secretary William Hague urged west African nations to come together to defeat Boko Haram during international crisis talks in Paris on Saturday.

And he said that in the long term, the UK and other countries would need to do more to support development in areas where Boko Haram is active.

"More will need to be done in the north of Nigeria in terms of clean water, healthcare, education and so on," he said.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nigeria-kidnappings-british-jet-deployed-143055892.html#mhuE4Tv

Back to top Go down

RAF Sends State Of The Art Plane To Help Find Nigerian Girls Empty Re: RAF Sends State Of The Art Plane To Help Find Nigerian Girls

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 8:06 am

May i suggest they turn this aeroplane round and send it to search for the four British sailors?

Back to top Go down

RAF Sends State Of The Art Plane To Help Find Nigerian Girls Empty Re: RAF Sends State Of The Art Plane To Help Find Nigerian Girls

Post by eddie Mon May 19, 2014 2:41 pm

Andy, those girls have been kidnapped and making that comment, comparing them to the sailors is a bit stupid.

If I had to choose I'd ask for them to search for those poor girls.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 5:11 pm

eddie wrote:Andy, those girls have been kidnapped and making that comment, comparing them to the sailors is a bit stupid.

If I had to choose I'd ask for them to search for those poor girls.

Let's say there are 100 countries who could contribute resources to these two stories - is it right they all contribute to the one because Meeshellabarma and Dave have held up signs saying bring our girls back or should some (possibly from their own country) be put to use looking for the sailors, and some looking for the girls?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down