NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US and UK advise immediate Kenya evacuation - state of war

2 posters

Go down

US and UK advise immediate Kenya evacuation - state of war Empty US and UK advise immediate Kenya evacuation - state of war

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 2:31 pm

After explosions in Kenya this morning, further intelligence suggests a Westgate Mall type incident or much larger attacks.

Foreign nationals are being urged to leave the country immediately. UK Tour operator Thomson is arranging emergency flights to return all tourists from the country. 400 British nationals are flying home immediately. France, US and Australia are arranging return of their nationals

The Kenyan Interior Ministry says the country has reached a state of war with Al Shabaab

Back to top Go down

US and UK advise immediate Kenya evacuation - state of war Empty Re: US and UK advise immediate Kenya evacuation - state of war

Post by Stephenmarra Fri May 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Hope it doesn't fuck too badly with the  Wildlife parks and reserves.
It was one of the African Countries that's been improving it's living standards and economy over the years. This will hit them hard, bloody extremists throughout the World has a lot to answer for.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

US and UK advise immediate Kenya evacuation - state of war Empty Re: US and UK advise immediate Kenya evacuation - state of war

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 7:00 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:Hope it doesn't fuck too badly with the  Wildlife parks and reserves.
It was one of the African Countries that's been improving it's living standards and economy over the years. This will hit them hard, bloody extremists throughout the World has a lot to answer for.

I hope so too, been to Kenya. Fantastic country with lovely people.
What a horrible shame  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri May 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:Hope it doesn't fuck too badly with the  Wildlife parks and reserves.

too true.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Fri May 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Nems wrote:

Lucky sod, It's on my gotta do list,  Cool  lets hope it stays a fantastic country, things could deteriorate fast if the violence escalates and the money dries up.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri May 16, 2014 7:41 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:
Nems wrote:

Lucky sod, It's on my gotta do list,  Cool  lets hope it stays a fantastic country, things could deteriorate fast if the violence escalates and the money dries up.

ditto. my sister went there and to Tanzania for her honeymoon. the pictures were mind blowing - until then I hadn't given that continent much thought but its been high on the list ever since. I just hope they can contain them.

have to admit wasn't impressed with the carved wooden letter openers shaped like spears that she brought back for the boys.....there were "incidents".
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Fri May 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Cass wrote:
Stephenmarra wrote:

ditto. my sister went there and to Tanzania for her honeymoon. the pictures were mind blowing - until then I hadn't given that continent much thought but its been high on the list ever since. I just hope they can contain them.

have to admit wasn't impressed with the carved wooden letter openers shaped like spears that she brought back for the boys.....there were "incidents".
That sounds like a dream honeymoon, lucky sister. As for the carved wooden letter openers it could have been worse and have a brother like me that buys his teenage brat a full size drum kit.  Twisted Evil

Last edited by Stephenmarra on Fri May 16, 2014 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:
Nems wrote:

It would be such a sin.
Mombasa, Tsarvo and Shimba Hills all different all wonderful

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Fri May 16, 2014 8:10 pm

Nems wrote:
Stephenmarra wrote:

It would be such a sin.
Would love to be able to get the penny's together to see for myself,  so envious !
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:
Nems wrote:

It would be such a sin.
Would love to be able to get the penny's together to see for myself,  so envious !

I would so love to go back.
We did a night and dawn safari at Shimba Hills. It was stunning we stayed overnight in a treehouse which was over a watering hole and so beautiful.
US and UK advise immediate Kenya evacuation - state of war Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMlIompOc8JwGjOz0eQd_4DaebH6qh_3BWed4Zr4g1dfQ-R7hLXw

Thats the place

US and UK advise immediate Kenya evacuation - state of war Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOWbKQbcvpaiMxaT2onATIrTlZGvlBEYWRwVZgB-23KZboyMAd8Q

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat May 17, 2014 12:00 am

wow. wow. wow
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 12:03 am

So what's gone wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat May 17, 2014 12:34 am

interesting. on further reading its only two British tour operators who are pulling out their holidaymakers, a total of 400 people.

the US state department has not issued any mandatory evacuations but only updated their travel advisory
http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/kenya-travel-warning.html
same with uk
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/kenya
seems it was started by a link on GLP with a link to a Mirror article about Thomson's and First Choice
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27434902
here is BBC link

Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 9:28 am

Cass wrote:interesting.  on further reading its only two British tour operators who are pulling out their holidaymakers, a total of 400 people.

the US state department has not issued any mandatory evacuations but only updated their travel advisory
http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/kenya-travel-warning.html
same with uk
seems it was started by a link on GLP with a link to a Mirror article about Thomson's and First Choice
here is BBC link

That is interesting, the F.O. travel advisory service have been advising against travel to Kenya for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun May 18, 2014 4:21 am

Nems wrote:
Cass wrote:interesting.  on further reading its only two British tour operators who are pulling out their holidaymakers, a total of 400 people.

same with uk
here is BBC link

That is interesting, the F.O. travel advisory service have been advising against travel to Kenya for a while.

its weird for sure. Believe it or not the boss is just back from Kenya ....will be interested to hear her take on things. She was mainly in Nairobi doing an academic library thing.....did something similar with Tanzania a few years ago. junior was watching her cat and plants - says she brought something back for him.....will let you know whet it is and what she saw on the ground.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 11:34 am

Cass wrote:
Nems wrote:

its weird for sure. Believe it or not the boss is just back from Kenya ....will be interested to hear her take on things.  She was mainly in Nairobi doing an academic library thing.....did something similar with Tanzania a few years ago. junior was watching her cat and plants - says she brought something back for him.....will let you know whet it is and what she saw on the ground.

Cheers Cass
Be interesting to get a viewpoint from someone just there x

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Sun May 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Nems wrote:
Cass wrote:

its weird for sure. Believe it or not the boss is just back from Kenya ....will be interested to hear her take on things.  She was mainly in Nairobi doing an academic library thing.....did something similar with Tanzania a few years ago. junior was watching her cat and plants - says she brought something back for him.....will let you know whet it is and what she saw on the ground.

Cheers Cass

Seconded.
It's these sort of situations I have some sympathy with western FO's, they're damned  if statements are too strong and seriously screw with a Country's economy or damned if they put their own people at risk by being half arsed as to what is going on. A tightrope to be walked.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon May 19, 2014 3:03 am

Stephenmarra wrote:
Nems wrote:

Cheers Cass

Seconded.
It's these sort of situations I have some sympathy with western FO's, they're damned  if statements are too strong and seriously screw with a Country's economy or damned if they put their own people at risk by being half arsed as to what is going on. A tightrope to be walked.

exactly...just the same as the constant breaking news or newspaper/website "exclusive scoop" but also with them its ratings too.

I am off now for 2 days so I wont get a chance to talk for a bit but will let you know x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down